America’s Family Prison

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DaBay

Sicc OG
Jan 27, 2005
Google Video
Sunday, March 2, 2008

Did you know that the federal government has not only set up but is also currently operating a prison that holds entire families - including infants, children and nursing and pregnant women?It’s located in Taylor, Texas and it’s operated by Corrections Corporation of America, a privately owned corporation.

This short film by Matt Gossage and Lily Keber is one of the only public reports on this prison. Otherwise this subject has been entirely censored by the US news media.

Watch this short film on the T. Don Hutto “residential facility”, the nations for-profit family prison for non-criminal immigrant families. This prototype for privatized family detention is located just north of Austin, TX. As they get rich off our tax-dollars, corporations terrorize and traumatize families just trying to keep survive. A determined people stand in solidarity with the families inside Hutto and work to close this immoral prison.

VIDEO

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3907096540955731120&hl=en

what the fuck is this bro this pisses me off

Jun 27, 2005
I don't agree with what they're doing, but the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS gotta know they're taking a chance when they come here illegally. Its hard for me to feel sorry for anybody but the kids. Just come here the right way and you won't have your family in the middle of some shit like this.

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
Coming to the United States legally is out of the question for many people. If they REALLY want things to change and really want illegal immigrants to stop coming here, every single US corporation needs to get the fuck out of Latin America and treaties (that help the corporations exploit the people for cheap labor and use up the country's own natural resources for personal profit) like NAFTA and CAFTA need to get immediately voided. Every single country that sends immigrants here either legally or illegally does it because the United States intervened in that country one way or another. It's not the just the poorest countries sending people here, it's the ones that the US DIRECTLY impacted with their foreign policy.

And putting entire families in prison including children and women? Are you fucking kidding me? And I cannot believe anybody would condone this and think that it's ok and the right thing to do. Some of you people make me sick and I only wish that some day you might understand the situation people in Mexico and other Latin American countries are put in just so a few select people can become filthy rich...

Apr 25, 2002
Coming to the United States legally is out of the question for many people. If they REALLY want things to change and really want illegal immigrants to stop coming here, every single US corporation needs to get the fuck out of Latin America and treaties (that help the corporations exploit the people for cheap labor and use up the country's own natural resources for personal profit) like NAFTA and CAFTA need to get immediately voided.

:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

Jun 27, 2005
Coming to the United States legally is out of the question for many people. If they REALLY want things to change and really want illegal immigrants to stop coming here, every single US corporation needs to get the fuck out of Latin America and treaties (that help the corporations exploit the people for cheap labor and use up the country's own natural resources for personal profit) like NAFTA and CAFTA need to get immediately voided. Every single country that sends immigrants here either legally or illegally does it because the United States intervened in that country one way or another. It's not the just the poorest countries sending people here, it's the ones that the US DIRECTLY impacted with their foreign policy.

And putting entire families in prison including children and women? Are you fucking kidding me? And I cannot believe anybody would condone this and think that it's ok and the right thing to do. Some of you people make me sick and I only wish that some day you might understand the situation people in Mexico and other Latin American countries are put in just so a few select people can become filthy rich...
In what ways is coming here legally out of the question? As far as those corporations that are "exploiting" the people there for cheap labor, are they forcing anyone to work for them? And I'm not saying that these jails are right. I don't know much about them other than the fact that people don't like the fact that they are there and that on the inside its not a fuckin paradise. Big surprise. What I'm saying is if you come here illegally, how can you expect to enjoy the same rights that American citizens (born, here or naturalized or even on a visa) have? You have to be prepared for the possibility that you and your family could be caught and not only you but your entire family will face consequences behind it. You're right that people should have a better understanding before judging the illegals, but for me, its not about judging them. To me its the fact that they come here illegally knowing that they are taking a huge risk and then expect to not have to face the consequences. I'm not anti Mexican or anything like that, so don't take it that way. The point is that when you take a risk you need to be prepared for the bad as well as the good.

askG

Sicc OG
Nov 19, 2002
Some of you people make me sick and I only wish that some day you might understand the situation people in Mexico and other Latin American countries are put in just so a few select people can become filthy rich...
thawill neverhappen.

white ppl in this country are blinded by their ignorance and arrogance towards ppl of diff cultures colors backgrounds etc etc.
and are clueless as to how the world goes round

Apr 25, 2002
thawill neverhappen.

white ppl in this country are blinded by their ignorance and arrogance towards ppl of diff cultures colors backgrounds etc etc.
and are clueless as to how the world goes round

You are from Europe right? I always find it amusing that you are so well versed in the sciences but continously speak about "this country" or the United States and ignore the social and political shortcomings of your own homeland.

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
In what ways is coming here legally out of the question? As far as those corporations that are "exploiting" the people there for cheap labor, are they forcing anyone to work for them? And I'm not saying that these jails are right. I don't know much about them other than the fact that people don't like the fact that they are there and that on the inside its not a fuckin paradise. Big surprise. What I'm saying is if you come here illegally, how can you expect to enjoy the same rights that American citizens (born, here or naturalized or even on a visa) have? You have to be prepared for the possibility that you and your family could be caught and not only you but your entire family will face consequences behind it. You're right that people should have a better understanding before judging the illegals, but for me, its not about judging them. To me its the fact that they come here illegally knowing that they are taking a huge risk and then expect to not have to face the consequences. I'm not anti Mexican or anything like that, so don't take it that way. The point is that when you take a risk you need to be prepared for the bad as well as the good.
You base your whole argument on citizenship and all the rights that come with it. But if you look at immigration historically, people from certain areas (Northern Europe) were given preference to come to this country. And people from places in Latin America and Asia were denied access to come here legally through racist policies. You personally may not be anti-Mexican, but this country institutionally and policy-wise IS Anti-Mexican, and Anti-Chinese, and Anti-Black, etc., It doesn't matter what you or any other INDIVIDUAL person thinks, it's the system/insitution that is racist and always has been.