"All 6's and 7's"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 14, 2002
A barcode cross IMO represents people worshiping consumerism. As in, on Sunday mornings people wake up early to beat the crowds at Walmart rather than going to church.

Apr 8, 2006
www.vinylacedecals.com
6's and 7's also just means your at a loss but I have heard tech use it with religious connotation.

"The saying originates from a situation in 1327 and relates to the Guilds of Tradesmen in the City of London. The Merchant Taylors and the Skinners were founded within a few days of each other, five other Guilds having already received their charters. The age of each Guild dictated its position in the Lord Mayor's procession. The Merchant Taylors and the Skinners argued for fifty years as to which should go sixth in the procession. In the end, Sir Robert Billesden, the current Lord Mayor, decreed that they should take it in turns to go sixth and seventh. "

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
A barcode cross IMO represents people worshiping consumerism. As in, on Sunday mornings people wake up early to beat the crowds at Walmart rather than going to church.

and inside every barcode there are always three sixes

but take it as you want....

i got this off wiki:

To be "at sixes and sevens" is an English phrase and idiom, common in the United Kingdom. It is used to describe a state of confusion or disarray. The similar phrase "to set the world at six and seven", used by Geoffrey Chaucer, seems, from its context, to mean "to hazard the world" or "to risk one's life"[1]. In Act 2, scene 1 of Shakespeare's "The Tragedy of Julius Caesar", Portia, in confronting Brutus about his state of anxiety says: "Why you are heavy, and what men tonight / Have had resort to you; for here have been / Some six or seven who did hide their faces / Even from darkness."
There are several other possible explanations, including one mention of a similar phrase with a different meaning in the Bible (Job 5:19).[2] However, one of the more interesting possibilities is that it may have come from a dispute between the Merchant Taylors' and Skinners' Livery Companies.[3] The two, which were founded in the same year, argued over sixth place in the order of precedence. After more than a century, it was decided that at Corpus Christi, the companies would swap between sixth and seventh and feast in each others' halls. Nowadays they alternate in precedence on an annual basis. This is unlikely to be the origin of the phrase, as Chaucer had used it over a century before,[3] but could well have helped to popularise it.
Most likely, the term derives from a complicated dice game called "hazard".[3] It is thought that the expression was originally "to set on cinque and sice"[3] (from the French numerals for five and six). These are the riskiest numbers to shoot for (to "set on"), and anyone who tried for them was considered careless or confused.
(Compare with the Chinese phrase luan qi ba zao (乱七八糟), with similar meaning, but instead uses the numbers seven and eight.)[4][5][6]

Nov 14, 2002
Where do you get the impression that there's always three 6's in a bar code? I mean, there are different types of barcodes, and I'm pretty sure none of them have a constant of 666 in them.

Sep 25, 2006
www.jsmitty.com
You all are idiots if you think this albums is gonna be like Anghellic. I would LOOOOVE another Anghellic, KOD, or even an album that had a couple dark songs in it...but Tech has said many of times that he isn't going down that road again. And, from the looks of it...we should just hope for anything besides another gangsta-ass KC GMP!

Nov 14, 2002
"According to a dictionary, to be at sixes and sevens is to be in a state of confusion over something, although I always understood there to be an element of rivalry between the parties that were at sixes and sevens with one another. I was not completely wrong, as it turns out. According to Peter, our guide on the Thursday night walk called the “Ancient city at night,” the phrase came to be as a result of the confusion or rather competition for precedence between the trade guilds of the merchant tailors (excuse me, taylors) and the skinners in the City of London. The guilds were formed circa the twelfth century A.D. to protect member’s interests and were ranked according to their seniority. They were called livery companies incidentally for they got to wear a special distinctive livery or uniform too but that’s another story I got from the net not the walk. Anyway, the livery companies for taylors and skinners (who traded in furs and were NOT tanners, who had/have a separate guild) being founded the same year were apparently at loggerheads over who got to be in sixth place. A year later it was decided in court no less, that they would alternate in ranking each year and thus they remain at sixes and sevens to this day."

That's interesting.

I don't think the sixes and sevens thing is going to be related to evil/good.

Sep 25, 2006
www.jsmitty.com
Oh and btw...when I heard the title Sickology 101...that sounded like some wicked shit to me. Pretty good album, but def not dark...If I'm not mistaken, there's not a single dark track on that album, which is weird. Because most tech albums have at least one...

Everready-My World
Killer-Paint A Dark Picture
MLK-You Don't Want It

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
Oh and btw...when I heard the title Sickology 101...that sounded like some wicked shit to me. Pretty good album, but def not dark...If I'm not mistaken, there's not a single dark track on that album, which is weird. Because most tech albums have at least one...

Everready-My World
Killer-Paint A Dark Picture
MLK-You Don't Want It
depends on how you look at it...midwest choppers 2 was dark and red nose was dark to me

Mikal

Sicc OG
Jan 5, 2010
the name of the god damn album was Killer and there was nothing killer about it. Anghellic A.P and everready all seemed to have some meaning. After that not so much