Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton Remake 2010)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2003
I've actually been waiting for this for many years. I've been a fan of Tim Burton ever since Beetle Juice and I always used to tell people how bad ass it would be if he did this movie. It just seemed perfectly fitting for his style of directing. Then out of the blue I come across information that he is doing it (a while ago, see old thread I made in open forum)! The trailer looks fucking dope. I can't wait to see this.

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
This must be one of the two Disney movies that might prevent Johnny Depp from starring in the Don Quixote movie that is soon to be in production for the second time. Read about it in some article online.

Mar 18, 2003
I'm kind of hoping Tim Burton changes the ending to this movie. When I watched it as a kid I remember being disappointed that Alice "wakes up" in the end. I used to think to myself, "so none of it really happened..?", and being bothered by it. I think it would be better if Alice somehow finds a way to escape wonderland or chooses to stay.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Mar 18, 2003
After fillyacup's post I did a little research and much to my surprise it is in fact NOT a remake. Here is the unofficial plot:

Alice (Mia Wasikowska), now 19 years old, attends a party at a Victorian estate only to find she is about to be proposed to in front of hundreds of snooty society types. She runs off, following the White Rabbit (Michael Sheen) into a hole and ending up in Wonderland, a place she visited 10 years before, yet doesn't remember. Wonderland was a peaceful kingdom until the Red Queen (Helena Bonham Carter) overthrew her sister, the White Queen (Anne Hathaway). The creatures of Wonderland, such as the Cheshire Cat (Stephen Fry), Tweedledee and Tweedledum (Matt Lucas) and the March Hare (Noah Taylor), ready to revolt, wait for Alice to help them. With the help of the White Queen, the Mad Hatter (Johnny Depp) and the Caterpillar (Alan Rickman), Alice starts seeing flashbacks of her visit, back when she was nine.
That November, Burton signed with Disney to direct two films in Disney Digital 3-D, which included Alice in Wonderland. He explained "the goal is to try to make it an engaging movie where you get some of the psychology and kind of bring a freshness but also keep the classic nature of Alice." On prior versions, Burton said "It was always a girl wandering around from one crazy character to another, and I never really felt any real emotional connection". His goal with the new movie is to give the story "some framework of emotional grounding" and "to try and make Alice feel more like a story as opposed to a series of events". He also felt 3-D was appropriate to the story's environment.
I'm still very eager to see this.

Jan 28, 2005
And am I the only one who realizes this was a book before a movie?

Am I also the only one who recognizes ColdBlooded is too fucking good for any movie ever created?

You would think the guy does the Academy Award voting, by himself, with the way no film ever in the history of anything ever made lives up to his standards.

Mar 16, 2005
saw previews before chipmunks squekwel and thought eh could be good.

saw previews in 3d before avatar, and its a must watch now. These damn 3d movies are starting to look nice.

Sep 12, 2005
^^yeahhh i was LIT off an edible/blunts when I saw that 3D trailer for Alice In Wonderland, and I could not stop laughing thinking that everyone involved with the movie had to be on some crazy ass drugs.

Jan 28, 2005
I just saw this in 3-D, and it was magnificent.

Although the events are highly predictable, its also a highly entertaining movie.

For some reason, I didn't care much for Anne Hathaway as the White Queen. Not that her role was very large, so I suppose in the big picture it doesn't much matter.

Some lines you could tell Johnny Depp slipped back into his Jack Sparrow voice. And the Mad Hatter is Scottish?

This is sort of like an Alice sequel, but with bits and pieces of Through the Looking Glass added.

I feel like Tim Burton achieved his goal with this movie, and you can certainly tell its a Tim Burton film. Disney again gave him the reins and let him do it his way. The girl I went with felt that it would end up "too PG", because its a Disney film, but there are some scenes in there that might scare the shit out of you if you're on a bad shroom trip. Helena Bonham Carter did a great job as the red queen though, she filled the role perfectly in my opinion.

I'd probably go see it every day for the next week and not get tired of it, but that's just me. Though I'm biased. I watched Alice In Wonderland quite often as a young guy, read the book, and used to work for Disney. Also a big Johnny Depp and Tim Burton fan.

Be that as it may, I doubt it will be the best movie I see in 2010... but it will be one I buy and watch a couple times a year. I'm going to take my nephews to see it next week. I was kind of blazed out so I'd like to see it sober as well. Trippin' on mushrooms would be fun as fuck, especially in 3D. Go see it while you can! I understand Disney wants to get this out to DVD as soon as possible... increased revenue.