Affliction Day of Reckoning Andrei Arlovski vs Fedor Emelianenko who will win?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Fedor Emelianenko vs Andrei Arlovski

• Fedor Emelianenko via KO or TKO

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Fedor Emelianenko via Submission

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Fedor Emelianenko via Decision

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Andrei Arlovski via KO or TKO

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Andrei Arlovski via Submission

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andrei Arlovski via Decision

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
wow.. arlovski blew it. That flying knee was stupid, but he was dominating the fight to that point, easily. Dumb move cost him
Winning 3 minutes of a scheduled 25 minute fight doesn't mean much. Fedor did in one punch what Arlovski failed to do for the time he was in control. And while I'd personally like to see Fedor in the UFC it wouldn't be because he has to prove anything or to see what he's made of, it would just be to watch him fight.

I'd also like to see him get some big time stateside recognition.

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
I HOPE AFFLICTION SURVIVES, I ENJOYED BOTH EVENTS THEY HAD LIVE AND IF ALL I HAD AS AN OPTION WAS THE UFC. I WOULD SO GET BORED OF MMA.
Agreed. I don't get their advertising decisions though. They're putting on extremely good fights and I don't know of anyone that even watched the card on Saturday in real life. Hopefully they have a plan for what they're doing but I just can't see continuing to dish out huge payouts with little to no promotion for the event.

Feb 7, 2006
Atencio's "Reckoning" Post-Mortem

MMAInsider: So, how do you feel about the second show?

Atencio: It was work. (laughs) I can honestly say that without the guys that helped me here, Tracy and Shannon and everyone else that's involved, it would have never happened. But aside from that, we made it through, and I'm extremely happy. The fights were awesome, and the event seemed to go pretty well. There were a few glitches, and this is only my second time. As a team, we're still learning.

MMAInsider: Then you've got this Larry Merchant throwing some crap your way.

Atencio: Yeah, it's just like anything else. You have people who are completely myopic and they're not open to anything, and I think that was his way of trying to hurt us, because (allegations of A $5 million payoff to Oscar De La Hoya) are completely false.

MMAInsider: What are some of the roadblocks you encountered on the way to the show?

Atencio: I think it's just the B.S. of rumors, and having to squash that. And they're so minimal, it really doesn't matter, but it's wasted time. Like the ticket sales, the whole 1500 seats sold, then I heard Arlovski broke his hand the week before. It's just petty little rumors.

MMAInsider: You ever feel like you're damned if you do, damned if you don't?

Atencio: I always feel like that. Always.

MMAInsider: There was a report on Yahoo! Sports that your paid attendance was 8,946 for a live gate of $1,512,750. Are those numbers accurate?

Atencio: Not to my knowledge. As far as the numbers, I don't really get into the numbers.

MMAInsider: Is the characterization that Golden Boy does logistics, runs the show, deals with athletic commissions, and Affliction finances the fighter purses, is that accurate?

Atencio: No, that's not accurate. There's definitely things they do, there's things that we're learning, and that's why we brought them on board. Things that they're going to have expertise on that we're just learning.

MMAInsider: How does this partnership work, then?

Atencio: They're handling the back end, the deals, the negotiations when it comes to things like Showtime, and pay per view, and we're doing the marketing what we do well. The matchmaking we do because they come from the boxing industry. If we start doing boxing shows, they'll handle the matchmaking for the boxing.

MMAInsider: Is Affliction in charge of the fighter purses?

Atencio: Yes, we are.

MMAInsider: What are the chances of putting on Arlovski vs. Sylvia now? It would seem like those two have a built in storyline and rivalry.

Atencio: It definitely does seem like one. I'm still trying to catch up on my emails alone. I have 500 emails that I have to catch up on. I've got a lot going on.

MMAInsider: Is Fedor vs. Barnett a lock?

Atencio: I'd like to think so, but I havent even sat down with them and discussed it yet.

MMAInsider: Will your next event be in July?

Atencio: We're shooting for it, we haven't finalized it though. I take it one fight at a time. I just want to focus on each show at a time until we become seasoned at this, and then I'll be able to feel more comfortable to give dates. I like to take things slow. I want to make sure were doing everything right, and when we're not, to fix whatever we're doing wrong.

MMAInsider: Well, you mentioned seasoning, and one of the main things that people are looking at is your payroll. You've said in the past you want to make sure fighters don't look at you as a cash cow. You have most of these guys to three-fight deals, and originally, you said you wanted to put on three fights and no more. Is that one of the things you want to look at moving forward as a promotion?

Atencio: Well, just to correct you, I absolutely choose to stay in this. But the reality of it is that”whether we do” it really comes down to finances. But having said that, the shows are successful in other ways than just that. Our plan is to have four fights a year with Golden Boy, M-1, and Mr. Trump, that's our plan right now. I'm just taking it easy because I want to make sure that each event is methodical on our side. I just don't want to get ahead of myself, get cocky, get arrogant, because I've seen what happens when people do that, and I like to learn from other people's mistakes. Hopefully, I can continue to stay grounded and do that.

Dec 9, 2005
Wow. Fedor and Barnett should be another good one.

Besides that though, I would really like to see how a Brock Lesnar - Fedor fight would fare.