A Second Side of the Story (Geneva Mission shooting)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
A while back I remember hearin about police shooting an armed suspect on geneva and mission. Some people have called it police brutality. This isnt my opinion, but something a cop told me after I asked him about the shooting:

The man shot had a knife. Police officers have the right to protect themselves from armed suspect. A suspect with a knife can quickly strike an officer by only moving a few feet, meaning that any quick movement towards an officer by an armed person is seen as reason to shoot if the suspect gets closer.
Therefore, if an armed suspect makes any attemp to strike and officer with that kinda weapon they can shoot. The man also stabbed another person earlier, so he was also a threat to the people around him.
The man could have been close enough to strike an officer so he was shot. He was shot so many times because there were 4 officers firing, and also because suspects dont completely drop dead and die when immediately hit.
Why was the man most likely close enough to kill an officer? The officer I talked to pointed out that the suspect was pepper sprayed so he was probly very close to someone and advancing towards them.

NOT MY OPINION. Just a second side of the story i thought you all may be interested in hearing.

Apr 25, 2002
man you don't know the whole story do you?
they shot an innocent bystander
who can never walk the same agian
has to shit in a bag, and will always be different then she was because they shot her

she was sittin at the corner mindin her own and they missed that dude with the knife and shot her

May 5, 2002
ay fuck homie from what I head he stabbed a 17 y/o kid cuz they got into an argument on the bus then he went on a rampage i mean what the fuck r the po supposed to do.. talk him down please I wouldah done the same thing

May 2, 2002
I was on Mission and pope st when it happened... The guns shots sounded like it all happened at once then 5 seconds later one more shot...maybe to finish him off. They had rope off most of the street going west on geneva.The blood stains and a bloody shirt in the gas station was no where near the police cars where I assume the police officers would have been standing..someone is lying..This guy probably didn't rush them

Apr 26, 2002
PLAIN AND SIMPLE....IF YOU WEREN'T THERE...YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT POPPED OFF.....THOSE WHO SAY "FUCK THE POLICE", "IT WAS THE COPS FAULT", "IT WAS HIS FAULT" ONLY KNOW FROM WHAT YOU HEARD OR HAVE BEEN TOLD....DO YOU HEAR SOMETHING ABOUT YOU AND IMEDIATELEY GO AND RIDE OR CHECK A FEW OTHER WORDS??? JUST MY OPINION...DON'T GET MAD...SPEAKING MY VOICE....DON'T JUDGE SOMETHING BY WHAT YOU HEAR UNLESS YOU WERE THERE OR HAVE AN ACCOUNTABLE WITNESS....SHIT THAT DON'T EVEN HOLD UP IN COURT UNLESS YOU GOT PROOF...COME ON NOW....PEACE

Apr 25, 2002
MAN FUCK ALL THIS "FUCK THE POLICE" SHIT...I MEAN FUCK UM FOR PULLING ME OVER FOR NO REASON AND HARASSING ME...FUCK UM FOR STROLLING BY SLO MO AND MUGGIN ME LIKE A RIVAL...BUT WHEN A COP TELLS YOU TO DROP YOUR SHIT YOU BETTER DROP THAT SHIT REGARDLESS....I MEAN...PEEPS CAN NAME ENDLESS ACCOUNTS WHERE POLICE FUCKED SOME FOOLS UP JUSTIFIED OR NOT..BUT WHEN SOMEONE GETS BLASTED THERE SURPRISED...IM JUST SAYIN WE KNOW THE COPS AINT PLAYIN...THEY WILL BLAST YOU...SO UNLESS YOUR GONNA KILL THEM OR EXPECT TO GET KILLED DONT BE SURPRISED WHEN THEY SMOKE YOU FOR NOT COMPLYING

NOW DONT GET ME TWISTED..THERE IS ALOT OF FAULTY COPS WHO DESERVE TO GET DEALT FOR DOING SOME WRONG SHIT..BUT WHEN AN ARMED SUSPECT JUST KEEPS RESISTING...THEY NEED TO BE AWARE OF THE POLICE STANCE ON DEFENDING THEMSELVES..

M

MrFreeze

damn thats my neigborhood too. fuck the police! god damn donut dunkin fat fuckin bitches!

Apr 25, 2002
all you knuckleheads can say fuck the police and all that shit and they shouldnt have shot dude but think about if he stabbed your mom that day,im sure you wouldnt mind if the pos served his ass then.if some dude came to you with a knife,tryna stab you,if you was strapped,what the fuck you gonna do? discuss it over tea or some shit? no,your gonna shoot homeboy....

Apr 25, 2002
Mtown Criminal said:
MAN FUCK ALL THIS "FUCK THE POLICE" SHIT...I MEAN FUCK UM FOR PULLING ME OVER FOR NO REASON AND HARASSING ME...FUCK UM FOR STROLLING BY SLO MO AND MUGGIN ME LIKE A RIVAL...BUT WHEN A COP TELLS YOU TO DROP YOUR SHIT YOU BETTER DROP THAT SHIT REGARDLESS....I MEAN...PEEPS CAN NAME ENDLESS ACCOUNTS WHERE POLICE FUCKED SOME FOOLS UP JUSTIFIED OR NOT..BUT WHEN SOMEONE GETS BLASTED THERE SURPRISED...IM JUST SAYIN WE KNOW THE COPS AINT PLAYIN...THEY WILL BLAST YOU...SO UNLESS YOUR GONNA KILL THEM OR EXPECT TO GET KILLED DONT BE SURPRISED WHEN THEY SMOKE YOU FOR NOT COMPLYING

NOW DONT GET ME TWISTED..THERE IS ALOT OF FAULTY COPS WHO DESERVE TO GET DEALT FOR DOING SOME WRONG SHIT..BUT WHEN AN ARMED SUSPECT JUST KEEPS RESISTING...THEY NEED TO BE AWARE OF THE POLICE STANCE ON DEFENDING THEMSELVES..
and i agree with dude....i aint sayin fuck a cop,but fuck a badge abussin one....

Apr 25, 2002
i get that,thats fucked up,but when a mothafucka do a drive by and kill and innocent bystander,what the fucks the difference....

the difference is the pos tryna kill a mothafucka that needs to be killed....

thats fucked up with the woman,she can sue the department,the county,the state,but she'll never be the same....

where'd she get shot at?

Apr 25, 2002
Like I said, I know an innocent bystanders been shot. But if you got someone with a knife thats already stabbed one running around and charging police (if thats the case) I think that fool probly deserves to get his shit pushed in.

Whether or not is was police brutality...i dont know. A lot of people on ch. 2 were being interviewed saying "i know that guy thats crazy its police brutality," "Police Brutality" this "Police Brutality" that.

Out of the two stories I have heard, I gotta say I believe the police story the most. Not all cops are crooked cops, most cops are just doing their job.

If I was a cop, there was a man wife a knife whos already stabbed someone, the police have attempted to approach him and stop him and used pepper spray, and he is lunging to kill people, I am gonna kill someone. There was so much fire because there were 4 officers shooting, so the innocent bystander was probably just in the wrong place at the wrong time. She'll get reperations.

And another thing I really don't get is the whole fuck the police thing. Maybe its cause I am white, but I have never been pulled over or fucked with for no reason, Im always caught doing something wrong. Not all cops are out to get you.
Another thing that the police said in my class (1 from SJ, 1 from SF, 1 from OAK) is the people that say "Fuck the Police get em out my neighborhood" and similar shit are also the first people to say "Why weren't you here sooner. Why couldn't you do anything" when the police do come. AGAIN: NOT MY POINT OF VIEW, JUST SOMETHING I HEARD from 3 officers.