A$AP Rocky & A$AP Mob thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
OF hasn't done that many shows globally.
They have been overseas three times now actually doing both their own shows (which have all sold out) and then a few festivals as well. From London, to Japan, to Ireland, to Germany, to Australia and a bunch of places in between.

Anyways, this isn't the OF thread so moving on...

I really like the new Rocky song, shit is dope. Hit-Boy came through on the production tip.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
with berner & wiz? naw i'm gonna pass on that one

theres a %10 chance i might hit the afterparty at the mezzanine, theophilus london is supposed to be there, might hear them do big spender

[video=youtube;ZkAeootuf4w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkAeootuf4w[/video]

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
If you look at A$Ap's traction in the "swag rap" arena right now, he's going 900 mph. These types of acts last a year or two, then the next act pops up. If you think the music industry provides longevity to any act these days, you live in a fantasy world. The crowd that OF appeals to is also fickle and has ADD. OF's time is almost up. Sorry to bust your bubble.
OF hasn't done that many shows globally. They have a few festival dates coming up in Europe but aren't that well known outside of England and Spain, to be frank.
Havent seen any vids of A$sap from Coachella yet but here's Frank Ocean's set. VID
good points. but wouldnt you agree that this is the nature of the music game period at this time?

Apr 13, 2003
I went to the asap/ wiz show on Friday. Pretty cool show. But it seemed like not many people were hyped when they heard rockys songs. Granted a lot of the songs were mellow. "Wassup" came on and people were just chillin. He performed "purple swag" kissin pink" "get lit" and others. But the only song the crowd got hyped over was "peso". I thoght more people would be rappin word for word al the asap tracks. Wiz's performance was cool tho. Wiz has hell hit records

Sep 12, 2005
I think it would be how you described if the show was Schoolboy Q & A$AP Rocky in a venue like The Fillmore or The Independent. But that place is way too big for the type of crowd they would attract, it was easy to see that most people were there for Wiz. I'm not really a fan of Wiz music, and I left when he started doing horrible bob marley renditions, but his band and their mic quality were really fucking good.

I hope to see a TDE/A$AP tour later this summer, at some smaller venues with good sound quality that they can fill up.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I'm going to go see them whenever they roll through Seattle on their own tour. I think it would be a lot better experince at a smaller venue with people there to see them and not a big show like they have done with Drake and now Wiz.

Jul 24, 2005
really? i think asap rocky has reached his lyrical prime. he cant get any better.
on the real all his shit is starting to sound the same he needs to go back to rapping & leave that down south shit along songs like been around the world, bitter sweet symphony are dope because rocky is rapping without that down south gimmick he got going on

Feb 7, 2006
iggy azaelia, she could rap but too much brooklyn warehouse psuedo gay ambiguos shit, thundercat w j.davey, flylo amazing, gaslamp killer rocked shit so fuckin hard plus flylo and brainfeeder came out, zed is dead, gotye, radiohead, refused you already know, sbtrkt, st. vincent, at the drive in you already know, santigold, co flow, the growlers, mazzy star some other shit thats what i remember of the top tho

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
[video=youtube;nOgz0AiD1ro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOgz0AiD1ro&feature=g-u-u[/video]
[video=youtube;xE5JdrAo-yk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xE5JdrAo-yk[/video]

Sep 12, 2005
I thought it was pretty dope. I really like that song Kissin Pink and Ferg's verse is my favorite, does he have any projects worth checking out? I pretty much have only heard that liveloveasap album, so all suggestions welcome.