A$AP Rocky & A$AP Mob thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 12, 2002
www.sohnup.com
A$AP Rocky doesn't appeal to me along with all the rest of this wack ass "swag rap". But by the look of the Coachella stream this weekend, Odd Future is about to lose their spot to this dude and his clan, judging by the crowd reactions alone.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
A$AP Rocky doesn't appeal to me along with all the rest of this wack ass "swag rap". But by the look of the Coachella stream this weekend, Odd Future is about to lose their spot to this dude and his clan, judging by the crowd reactions alone.
no. just no.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I don't know it's kind of hard to compare Rocky et al to Frank Ocean with one song featuring Tyler at a festival.

How many shows has A$AP sold out in the US and/or worldwide in the last month?

I heard Rocky put on a pretty good show I still need to find a video link T @tylerthetaco

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
well, i can say that rocky did better than most of OF in front of a festival crowd, but OF always seems to do terribly for one reason or another in that environment while doing great during their own concerts, so I wouldn't say it's the best way to gauge them.

Sep 12, 2002
www.sohnup.com
If you look at A$Ap's traction in the "swag rap" arena right now, he's going 900 mph. These types of acts last a year or two, then the next act pops up. If you think the music industry provides longevity to any act these days, you live in a fantasy world. The crowd that OF appeals to is also fickle and has ADD. OF's time is almost up. Sorry to bust your bubble.
OF hasn't done that many shows globally. They have a few festival dates coming up in Europe but aren't that well known outside of England and Spain, to be frank.
Havent seen any vids of A$sap from Coachella yet but here's Frank Ocean's set. VID