50 cent vs kanye who's winning?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2002
THE ACIDRAPTOR said:
I know Kanye's is good but hell no I aint coppin it cuz I dont like his reputation at all... So nope Imma continue to lay back & let the bandwagoners support them cuz I'm not one of them; I keep myself reel as usual......
I can kinda relate to you on that brugh, with the simple fact that I've always liked 50's music. Even though most won't come out and say they actually buy 50/G-Unit Cd's I do and don't follow everybody else's "He's a snitch..." yada yada yada type shit. I'm my own man and I'll buy whatever the hell I want...even if the world disagrees.

For 50 to of sold 11 million albums and muthaphuckaz sayin' they don't support him...somebody's lyin'!

And that my friend, is keeping it real.

May 16, 2002

Singer Kanye West (L) and Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson share a laugh during the taping of the BET Channel's show "106th and Park" on the day that both West and rival 50 Cent release their respective new albums in New York September 11, 2007.

Kanye West extends sales lead over 50 Cent

Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:40pm EDT

LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - Kanye West has increased his lead over 50 Cent in the much scrutinized battle between the rap stars, according to preliminary sales data issued Friday.

West's "Graduation" had sold about 600,000 copies and 50 Cent's "Curtis" 430,000 copies, according to data reported to tracking firm SoundScan by eight leading accounts through close of business Thursday.

West's margin of 170,000 units marked an improvement on his first-day lead of 127,000 units. Both albums went on sale Tuesday amid much media hype about the supposed duel between the two acts.

Meanwhile, country star Kenny Chesney's "Just Who I Am: Poets and Pirates" had sold 232,000 copies through Thursday, up from his Tuesday opening of 107,000.

The numbers reflect sales only at the participating panel of Trans World Entertainment, Best Buy, Borders, Circuit City, iTunes, Target, Anderson Merchandisers and Handleman Co. The latter two companies place music in WalMart and other mass merchants.

The final charts, with sales from the entire panel extrapolated to reflect the overall U.S. market, will be published Wednesday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/musicNews/idUSN1424075220070914

May 16, 2002
408 said:
so i guess 50 cent is going to retire from the business
Kanye was on Jimmy Kimmel Live the other night and stated that he doesn't want 50 to retire. He went on to say that it was simply entertainment and they wanted to show the world that beef is never serious in the realm of Hip Hop. Also stating that they both proved rap can still sell good music without anybody getting hurt / killed.

He continued to say 50 was a man that ended carreers and felt 50 was important to Hip Hop / the Rap Game.

May 16, 2002
Watch and listen to this song...

Now, talk about giving that man another chance. He has been blessed and won where so many have lost.

I think all the glamour and fame has stolen this man's soul, because he was granted a priceless gift. A second chance to come back and leave his mark...I think he's forgotten that he's recieved the biggest award any human can ever get.

Yes, there are plenty (I myself being one of them), so once you have recieved a second chance at life anything else like an award or how many records you sold should be irrelevant.

He has forgotten he was already a winner before all of that.

Aug 7, 2003
MuneyHongry650 said:
I just copped the kanye 30mins ago... I gotta support that real original hiphop music

yall kno what its about... be real.. this CD is slappin... classic material for sure
good cop some run dmc or furious five or sugar hill gang. kanye is not original hip hop.