50 CAL VS The Siccness

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2006
I like it. But I mean there's really nothing new or special about the notation, it's your typical westcoast style chords & such. There's really no melody or rhythm in there that stands out as catchy. But it certainly works.

Apr 26, 2006
Listen to this 50cal. This is what I'm talking about. Listen to how the Pad synth I used chirps with modulation (starts at 0:30) almost like birds chirping. It adds a sparkle of excitement. The sounds you use ALWAYS sound the same, that's my only gripe about your $hit, nothing stands out. I mean your stuff is well played, but nothing really new as far as sounds go, jump out. It's nothing that can be remembered, maybe if you have good lyrics to go along, but as far as the beats, they all sound alike.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/5147748040d1469c/

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Listen to this 50cal. This is what I'm talking about. Listen to how the Pad synth I used chirps with modulation (starts at 0:30) almost like birds chirping. It adds a sparkle of excitement. The sounds you use ALWAYS sound the same, that's my only gripe about your $hit, nothing stands out. I mean your stuff is well played, but nothing really new as far as sounds go, jump out. It's nothing that can be remembered, maybe if you have good lyrics to go along, but as far as the beats, they all sound alike.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/5147748040d1469c/
Naw i feel Ya..Its been months since I turned my shit on, and I was actually trying to make a simpler beat, but it came out sounding more like some smooth jazz...or something. I just played whatever came to my fingers..no vision really. I was trying to make a beat called 50cal vs DAm funk most his beats are just some drums with pads bass line and lead synth...so i was goin for something like the first part of this vid....

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Listen to this 50cal. The sounds you use ALWAYS sound the same
Every single sound used on this beat I have never used with the exception of the bass, and thats from the roland jp8000 called a Juno Bass and I usually use that stock cause it sounds good stock, this was tweaked where its not really a Juno Bass. every other sound is different. The Electric piano was from the proteus, the pad was from the Motif, and synth on the main sequence from the motif, the synth in the last sequence from the ATC and horns I stacked two sounds from the motif as well...I guess if you talking type of sounds I guess so ..but for a westcoast type instrumental what else is there maybe a lil guitar...bells

Apr 26, 2006
Naw i feel Ya..Its been months since I turned my shit on, and I was actually trying to make a simpler beat, but it came out sounding more like some smooth jazz...or something. I just played whatever came to my fingers..no vision really. I was trying to make a beat called 50cal vs DAm funk most his beats are just some drums with pads bass line and lead synth...so i was goin for something like the first part of this vid....
Like I said though, I still like it. Simple is sometimes better, makes it more rappable and listenable, especially for a genre like WestCoast G-Funk. Smooth jazz is good. I mean it's the way Rap should always sound IMO, especially WC. Piano, chords, guitar riffs, strings, pads, moog style bass synth, silky worm lead, brassy instruments, clavs, BOOM BAP, BOOM BAP style beat.

Sick beats in that vid, btw. I can listen to that kind of shit all day.

May 25, 2005
fuck....what...what is this...where can i get some dam-funk? shit is nice

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
If you talking about me..All these beats are straight out the MPC and Sound modules into a cheap analog mixer..I dont add no EQ or effects just to get a hot signal and a quick mix cause I aint trippn..from the outputs of the mixer to a Harmon Kardon CD consumer Recorder.

Apr 26, 2006
I usually just layer snares/claps together to make them POP. Also a touch of compression sometimes. I usually add more emphasis on one or the other though to give the expression that it's either a clap or snare. A touch of reverb works wonders as well in some cases, so the sound decays and feels more space. Sometimes that reverb is good enough to bleed on over other percussion sounds like hi-hats,etc.. I sometimes layer kicks together as well. Ex. an 808 kick with a snappy sounding kick, so you get the bass part from 808 and snap from the other.

Apr 26, 2006
Yeah Dam funk is keepin that funk sound alive..not on no rap shit even though he was producing for artists on Hoo Bangin, etc...Whats crazy is...fuck it let me find this beat....
Got it...this is Called " Im from Tha P" By dam Funk
BOOBOO Get out Tha Greas...

http://www.zshare.net/audio/51516375f842c5ae/
Damn that's smooth. That's some pimp shit. :cool: Simple sounds that just get it done.

Apr 26, 2006