5 Favorite Producers ?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
oh yeah

one of the most underrated producers - FRESH from KC - rich the factor's producer. to me he has produced nothing but slumps since Pole Position. i'd like to see him work with more bay rappers (i.e. d-moe). i feel that he would blow with the right exposure.

thc

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
Damn I don't think I can skim it down to 5, so here goes my list, its a lil' long =)

Khayree (A producer's musician or a musician's producer, makes complete songs that are both street credible & radio friendly, his sound [R&B mixed into hard rap] was a foreshadowing for the style of rap that rules the radio now, versatile as hell)

DJ Daryl (Can always tell a DJ Daryl beat, has his own sound, reproduced & copied by many, mobb shit with some futuristic sounds mixed in, str8 heat)

Mike Mosley & Sam Bostic (both got major heat, unfuckwitable when producing together {Mob Boss Productions}, need to hook the fuck back up)

Rick Rock (nobody's doing bigger thangs than Rick right now, getting his national props, got knock for the trunk)

Tone Capone (doesn't get the proper credit/recognition, seems to produce nothing but classics {i.e. "I Got 5 on It"-Luniz, "Its Going Down"-Celly Cell, "Keep It on the Real"-3x Krazy, "Smile"-Scarface, 2pac, "MaryJane"-Scarface, "Fire" & "I've Been Down"-Mac Dre

TC, Reg & Race (how many different classic albums have they produced on??? From IMP to Totally Insane, pretty much defined the Frisco sound)

Studio Ton (underrated, if you like a Sick Wit It song, chances are it was produced by him, check the credits, is there a Sick Wit It album that does not have at least 1 Studio Ton beat?)

Johnny Z (created his own sound, had many followers/clones as well, 1 of the 1st to get nationwide recognition, you CAN'T think of N2Deep/Potna Deuce/Beesh without thinking about Mr. Deville)

Stevie D (needs to do more production, came way too sick on C.I.N, Romp I, among others)

K-Lou (Legend, that sums it up can't mention Bay Rap without K-Lou or his studio)

Cellski (needs to do more outside production but comes way too sick on his albums)

JT (fell off plus doesn't produce much anymore, was Top 5 a few years ago, don't know if he would make Top 20 now)

May 3, 2002
Re: oh yeah

NICKpro RM said:
one of the most underrated producers - FRESH from KC - rich the factor's producer. to me he has produced nothing but slumps since Pole Position. i'd like to see him work with more bay rappers (i.e. d-moe). i feel that he would blow with the right exposure.
4 real

M-1

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Scottie Pimpin said:

Go ahead and type out 25 producers who you think is better than Quik.

This should be interesting.
here we go and still in no particular order:
1. El-P
2. RJD2
3. Controller 7
4. The Grouch
5. AesopRock
6. Blockhead
7. MF Doom
8. Mums the Word
9. Eclipse 427
10. Dr. Dre