3 Versions of PLUTO (Players Like Us Takin Over)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 22, 2002
the one with the ad has a discotronics code (nearly impossible to read) and a very small and easy-to-read IFPI code.

the one without the ad only has the discotronics code.

I still belive the one without the ad is the "true" OG and the one w/ the add was the first re-release. guess they were both printed in a very short amount of time.

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
so bootlegg of pluto exist , this game is fuked up due to these bootleggs and fake sellers claiming bootleggs as OGs , what about pluto cd floated recently on ebay all those are bootleggs so indo aka bayfunk also repress ???

LMAO dude , im talking bout a very small ifpi code on the plastic ring, you better read more exactly next time before you start hating dude.mine is the OG copy and it got the nearly impossible to read Discotronics code. its absolutly og. if you wanna find out something sherlock homes then go and hate on other sellers cds.

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
look at mrmikals auction for pluto. it explains all u all have to know. thats the one i own too.
Indo is selling the repress version...nuff said
man you got zero information and didnt read anything about this topic. there 2 versions of it , one with AD and one without AD , the one with AD got a small ifpi code in addiition to the same Discotronics code on the inner plastic ring.both re og and nobody here knows which dropped first but both in the same year.Nuff said , better check your informations next time before you try to hate.

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
Lol! Why are you guys riding on Indo's version? Indo...you're saying that your copies have the same cassette tape advertisement like the one that psychocialman said that I sold to him right?
exactly , i can give out all scans and people that own the cd knows its nearly impossible to get the ringcode scanned in because its hard to get it visible. Thats what makes it to the OG discotronics release. and i got the same like you with the AD.

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
you are selling a stock of brand new condition pluto cds but you ve choosed an old used pluto cd for scan just a coincidence
and whats that wack Comment dude ? you re fullly hating bro , i always use my own scans and pictures theres no need for hiding anything because those re og. try at the next mans door dude

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
the one with the ad has a discotronics code (nearly impossible to read) and a very small and easy-to-read IFPI code.

the one without the ad only has the discotronics code.

I still belive the one without the ad is the "true" OG and the one w/ the add was the first re-release. guess they were both printed in a very short amount of time.
psychocialman is the only one who got the point and knows whats up

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
^^^ leave the scanner open when you scan the cd, that way the light from the scanner will shine through the press code and usually parts of the press code will show up on the scan when finished copying. At least it works for me when I scan cd codes that are hard to scan.
Good Idea bro ! i will try that

Jun 16, 2002
and whats that wack Comment dude ? you re fullly hating bro , i always use my own scans and pictures theres no need for hiding anything because those re og. try at the next mans door dude
NO Reason to hate you , just wanna know if those pluto cds are OGs naw y'all ready to repress to earn profit, strange cuz 2tight wesbsite known for selling repress and you are also selling da same stuffs , missippi down south you are also selling offline , just wanna know clearly if those pluto are real OG press never mind ad or without ad

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
yes i ve tried there and 90% around here have also did da same
they re the real deal 100% og copies please finally just accept it.
mdsp cd i sold one or 2 copies from shun, they were og too. shun goes 2 times a year to the US and buys cds there.those mdsp cds are from a member and he met him personally , i gave him his adress.they were og too.shun only sells represses in case he got a contract with artists themselves and then he clearly state it ,this is the difference between shun and fake sellers, honesty bro

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
yes and it on the one with the ad and not on the one without ad.maybe finally the last people on here understood it ;-)

Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
Not true

If I remember it correctly that small IFPI code on the plastic ring is a proof of authenticity. I don't think the bootleggers have succeeded in ducplicating that yet.

http://www.ifpi.org/
The IFPI is a standard stamp that is put on any compact disc. It only says IFPI and that's it. Every manufacture places those letters somewhere on the disc. Sometimes its laser printed into the silver area just like the ring code goes is done. It usually is in the same font as the ring code. Some manufactures pressed those letters into the plastic disc. No matter what as long as you're having Glass Master pressings being manufacture your disc will have a IFPI. This will happen despite it being a repress or not. It's a standard regulation for all manufactures when pressing Glass Master CD's. Basically all of those bootleggs that homeboy from Germany sales and any other bootlegger sales will have the letters "IFPI" somewhere on their disc. Pay attention to the disc, because they're are always flaws when it's not original. There are many things that can tell you if its the real one or a repress. You just need to see all discs that are in question/involved at the same time. You just need a good detail oriented eye.

Oh yeah... They didn't start using IFPI until the early 90's, so you will see that an album who was originally manufactured and distributed in the 80's won't have these letters on the disc. That's is if it's actually the original pressing of course.

For example: A true OG/1st pressing of LL Cool J's Radio CD (from the 80's) will not have the IFPI letters anywhere on the disc, but the repressing version will, because it was re-manufactured in the 90's. I hope you guys understand. I believe that manufactures started doing this around '92.

I suggest that you pick up about 5 random CD's from different times and you will see what I'm talking about. It's a basic/general format that manufactures use. There's really nothing special to it.

Oct 15, 2004
i wish we knew which one is the true og. i own the one with no ad on the inside also. it has the DISCTRONICS USA **DOL-1613-2** 135433-R1-5228-1 ring code. but my disc dont have the ifpi on the disc instead a number 9 or 6

Jan 6, 2003
A true OG/1st pressing of LL Cool J's Radio CD (from the 80's)
Was Radio released on CD too in 85, not just on LP and vinyl? I've got the first European CD pressing of Radio, (made in Austria, like all those columbia releases, and no PA sticker) and the OG US LP version but I can't remember whether I've seen a CD pressing or not. That woulda been dope to have. Have you got the OG CD pressing of Radio? A great album for sure. LL is one of the few rappers that sounds dope not matter how terrible the beat is.