3 Versions of PLUTO (Players Like Us Takin Over)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 22, 2002
Hello,
I just want to let you know that there are 3 different versions of the Pluto CD.

Version 1 + Version 2 have the same hard-to-read ringcodes, but different booklets. I bought the one at the bottom from mikal 2 years ago. I think that's the first rerelease, because it would make no sense to release the OG copy without the ad for the tape!

Version 3 is the Japan repress, I think you know about that one (no picture)

http://img192.imageshack.us/i/dsc00794b.jpg/

Jan 6, 2003
I bought the one at the bottom from mikal 2 years ago. I think that's the first rerelease, because it would make no sense to release the OG copy without the ad for the tape!
I didn't get your hypothesis on this. Are you suggesting that the one with the tape ad is the OG og the re-release? When was that tape supposed to have dropped? If they were out of stock of tapes by the time they were about to re-release the album they might just as well remove the ad, don't you think?

Since it is so hella rare I guess both versions were made in very limited amounts and released within a short period of time.

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
both versions came out in 1995 ,5.000 units of each were made.im not sure which one was the first one but they came out in the same year as it sold out pretty quick and they had to react.

Jan 6, 2003
This turns out to be the same discussion as was with Fiendin 4 tha funk black/white/silver disc...
Switch it around, how can one claim that the one without the ad is the first pressing? An ad inside a cover art can very well be removed for a second pressing if the advertised item has sold out. The tape was released in 94 as far as I know. What if the last tapes were bought by people seeing the ad inside the cover? it's impossible to decide. My point is that the two versions were released the same year but as long as we don't have anybody knowing for sure which one came first it's impossible for us to decide.

Ring codes are of identical fonts and style.
Print quality differs from batch to batch and there's no rule saying that the first print always has the best print.
I guess both have the typical thick paper cover that was used back in 85.

the one without the ad may very well be the first pressing but how can you tell for sure? I can't tell which one came first.

Jun 16, 2002
I've been asking around a lot and it seems like 90% of the people have the one with the ad!
almost 99% owns da one with the ad , i guess the first press came out without ad , as they rekn it was sold very quickly , they re-release it with the ad of their previous tape release to let people know there is also a tape release on da same label [DOLLA BILL]!!! this is stricktly my personnel opinion

Jan 6, 2003
almost 99% owns da one with the ad , i guess the first press came out without ad , as they rekn it was sold very quickly , they re-release it with the ad of their previous tape release to let people know there is also a tape release on da same label [DOLLA BILL]!!! this is stricktly my personnel opinion
that may very well be correct. But since both batches were pressed in 5000 copies each it's interesting to see that most people have the ad version. Theoretically we should see approx 50% of both.

The ring code of the Ad-version is impossible to scan, here is what I believe I see:
DISCTRONICS USA **DOL-1613-2** 135433-R1-5228-1 or something like that because it's damn near impossible to read the ring code

Jun 16, 2002
nothing confirms both baches were pressed in 5000 units , 99% owns da one with ad and 1% without ad , so without ad were not pressed in 5000 units btw i also have da same ring as you mentionned ...

May 22, 2002
both versions have the same ringcodes. Also both versions were pressed in a short period of time (1995).

Who said that there were 5000 copies of each version? I already said that I have been asking around a lot and the version without the ad seems much rarer!

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
lol dude , with ad and without ad, both re OG, they both came out in 1995 within a few months.i got this information from one of the members and the unit numbers re what he told me about.
99% got the one with the AD because i picked up a good bunch of em and sold to people ,so this point doesnt give you the information that you can judge about the relation between the size of both pressings.

Jun 16, 2002
Hello,
I just want to let you know that there are 3 different versions of the Pluto CD.

Version 1 + Version 2 have the same hard-to-read ringcodes, but different booklets. I bought the one at the bottom from mikal 2 years ago. I think that's the first rerelease, because it would make no sense to release the OG copy without the ad for the tape!

Version 3 is the Japan repress, I think you know about that one (no picture)

http://img192.imageshack.us/i/dsc00794b.jpg/
which one is japan repress , picture anything would be appreciated