2Pac - Runnin'

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 4, 2002
Amura records is the record label pacs mom started after he died. wasnt his greatest hits on amru records/deathrow/interscope or sumthin like that. im not 100% so please correct me if im wrong

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
^^ Playa, what? You seriously have never heard of Freudians, or what? They're people who study Freud for years, and are able to come up with modern-day ways that Freud would have applied his psychological theories. Same with Socrates.....Socratic Irony ring a bell? Or Dialectic? Shit, i'm an asshole like that, i do dialectic all the time........so, yeah.

If you've listened to enough 2pac albums (not just HEARD the albums, but LISTENED), patterns start to develop. And working with Em and 50, according to most 2pac fans, wouldn't have happened, and i tend to agree with them.

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
tadou said:
...And working with Em and 50, according to most 2pac fans, wouldn't have happened, and i tend to agree with them.
That's an arguable statement, by most 2Pac fan, you are setting yourself up for a loop, because the truth is that most Tupac fans are also 50 and Em fans... they were mainstream hip-hop and thus share a large amount of the fans.

Pac worked with Snoop and Dre, Dre and Snoop worked with 50 and Em... there's corrilation between the artists. I'm not trying to speak for Pac, but there's a good argument for either side, luckily, I don't think either of us are out to change the others opinion.

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
^^ 1) they're fans by proxy, and 2) before he died, Pac DESPISED Dre, and was probably starting to question Snoop too. (And sure enough, as soon as Pac died, Snoop bounced like a scared little kid and stopped claimin' his set...until the proverbial coast was clear, that is.)

The bottom line of this all is, Pac's mom was (and still is) a very confused woman. Gives her son a BLATANTLY Muslim name, then raises him a Christian...WHY??? So she could prove she was Anti-Government and Anti-White to the other Black Panthers? THEN, to prove later on in life that now she loves everyone, she uses her deceased son's music to collab with Eminem, to make HERSELF feel redeemed......thats about as ignorant as it gets.

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
tadou said:
^^ 1) they're fans by proxy, and 2) before he died, Pac DESPISED Dre, and was probably starting to question Snoop too. (And sure enough, as soon as Pac died, Snoop bounced like a scared little kid and stopped claimin' his set...until the proverbial coast was clear, that is.)
I don't understand "fans by proxy"... but it sounds iggnorant to me. As far as him DESPISING Dre, that all could have been a short term thing, but unfortunately Tupac's short term became eternal.

tadou said:
The bottom line of this all is, Pac's mom was (and still is) a very confused woman. Gives her son a BLATANTLY Muslim name, then raises him a Christian...WHY???
He wasn't born Tupac Amaru Shakur, the reason he got that name was because she later married Mutulu Shakur and they all changed their name at that point. It had to do with the marriage, how she raised him had nothing to do with the name he grew up as... your bottom line of her being a confused woman, may come from your own confusions.

tadou said:
So she could prove she was Anti-Government and Anti-White to the other Black Panthers? THEN, to prove later on in life that now she loves everyone, she uses her deceased son's music to collab with Eminem, to make HERSELF feel redeemed......thats about as ignorant as it gets.
I think it was Eminem's respect and admiration that landed him the spot on the album, not as much Afeni's outcry for racial redemption. For some reason this iggnorance you keep speaking of seems misdirected to me.

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
@Fridge

Unless you can lecture to me about Islamic/Arabic culture and language, you cannot tell me shit about his name. The man had a Muslim name and was raised and died a Christian. Look no further than the representation of him on the Machavelli cover...which would be borderline HERESY to Muslims (they believe that Jesus (pbuh) nor any other human or prophet is capable of intercession, not even Muhammad (pbuh) himself).

You can keep making this all about 2Pac all you want, but this whole Resurrection movie & Soundtrack was all about a bottom line and a profit margin. The same shit has been going on with every album Afeni has released, with the newly reworked beats, features that never would have happened, and all kinds of ill shit.

There is all the money in the world to buy the sample clearances needed to make the songs releaseable as-is.....but she is too selfish, and looking for a profit to make it happen. After all, in her mind, why pay 30k for a major sample clearance when you can pay someone else 5k for an original beat?

It amazes me how people can listen to every word of every song 2pac ever made, and still not understand SHIT about how the outside world works...and continues to work...

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
^^ Because there are a broad range of classes and books on Socrates that analyze how he thought about situations, how he would respond to them, and how he would structure his conversations. Same with Aristotle, Freud, Plato, Confucious, and all the other great minds. These men spent their whole lives writing essays and books and other material, displaying a progression from stance to stance...and through music, 2pac did the same.

If Pac only made, say, 2 albums, i might agree it would be harder to guess at how he would respond to an Em or 50 feature. But he had plenty more than that, and even more posthumous material. Biggie & Prodigy are/were real as a fuck, and he hated them dudes...so how one EXPECT he would recieve someone percieved as a fake and a snitch, especially from the East Coast? Or someone who pulls out unloaded guns on people and raps about his mother being a whore?

Mtn

Sicc OG
Apr 29, 2003
Original version with Buju Banton, Dramacydal and Stretch is hundred times better than the remake... Beat too in my opinion... And I don't like the chorus either.

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
Tadou, you are so wrapped up in what you think you know, that you don't see the world as a whole. Yer basing all of your replies on "what if" type of answers, based on one of many ways of thinking. 2Pac worked with Biggie at one point, he had no qualms with the Eastcoast, he loved the Eastcoast, New York was his first home. He had problems with certain people and the media blew it out of proportion. So who's to say he wouldn't work with those cats based on where they are from, they all faced the struggle that he related to.

You say that I shouldn't talk about Tupac's name because he has a Muslim name... okay, that's great. He was born "Lesane Parish Crooks", that sounds like a fairly christian name to me. If you were educated enough, you'd know that Tupac Amaru is an Incan name, meaning shining serpent" and Shakur is Arabic meaning "thankful to God." The name was given to him by black panthers, but acording to you people should live their life as they are named, not how they see fit.

But of coarse, because Afeni Shakur is attempting to release a product with up to date, popular production and collaborations that can hold up in today's market on the level that 2Pac should be represnted, she is an Evil Money Hungry Woman capitilizing on the demise of her son, so you say.

So far, all of these songs, with all of these features, that I can recall all had seperate versions without the featured artists. So in all actuallity, she is taking nothing from the legacy, only adding a new demension that may or have may not happened had Tupac still been alive.

There is money to be made either way here off of his legacy, how you go about making that money is up to a few people... but whether you choose to accept it or not, it is there and you should give it a chance. Otherwise, this music you claim it's all about becomes vain to your politcs.

Sicc OG
Oct 4, 2002
Dak iller said:
I dont think 50 cent and eminem should of been on that cd, thats why I havent copped the cd yet, because they ( who ever put out the cd) is just trying to make money off of a dead man, If they where trying to carry his legacy then they would of put out some REAL music from pac......

just my 2 cents
i agree

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
holding up to today's market has nothing to do with it. That would be like re-cutting all of John Ritter's yet-to-be-released movies, and adding special effects and explosions and naked women so he could go out in a blaze of glory.......when it comes down to it, Afeni has been a track hogg ever since he was shot.

Music and politics are 2 different things, friend, and i dont get them mixed up. Like i spoke on in the other thread, politically, Nas is a vain and contemptable and tells lies all the time...but his music is ON. As far as 2pac....yes....his legacy IS being put up for grabs to the highest bidder, and its all Afeni's fault.

P.S. (ash-)Shakur actually means "The Appreciative" (because it is one of the 99 names of 'Allah').....not "Thankful to God". I think you got me on the other part though :(

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
Well, maybe in the Muslum term it is "Appreciative", but names have been altered and adapted for ages now, and in a Christian society, "Shakur" could be tranlsated from "appreciative" to "Thankful to God". Anyway, it's not like I don't see where yer coming from, I just disagree. Since no new points are being brought up to suay me differently, I'd like to settle this conversation under the understanding that we both have prespectable opinions on the matter.

Oct 28, 2003
Im with Tadou on pac keepin' it real. Pac only kicked with real people, he would of never kicked it with fake bitches like ja rule, 50, em, etc. That is true Pac started dissin' dre before he died and was probably was going to leave snoop behind to. Dre and Snoop are bitch material artist, who love changing their images to put more cash in their pocket. So i say fuck these other cats speaking on pac, trying to be pac's buddy when the didn't know the muthafucker.

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
I see where yer comin' from, but all that Beef that surrounded Tupac was from less than a year's span in his life. It's like the Biggie hate, the Dre hate, the supposed Snoop hate you all are predicting, it was brought about in the final year of his life. Had he lived 5 more years, I'd be willing to bet most beefs would have been squashed and moved on. But who knows?

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Like I said....Shakur is one of the 99 Names of Allah....and therefore, is beyond morphology. God is nowhere near the name, or it would be something like Shakurullah...but it isn't. SHIIN, KAAF, (WAAW), RAA'. I don't know what website or book you plastered and pasted your info from, but they're wrong...

Oct 17, 2002
www.mcradiation.com
tadou said:
^^ Because there are a broad range of classes and books on Socrates that analyze how he thought about situations, how he would respond to them, and how he would structure his conversations. Same with Aristotle, Freud, Plato, Confucious, and all the other great minds. These men spent their whole lives writing essays and books and other material, displaying a progression from stance to stance...
that is true FOR THE MOST PART. and yet, we do not have nearly enough direct writing from socrates to establish any kind of progression. all we have is socrates as depicted by other writers, most notably Plato, and the progession of plato's socrates is most likely due to a progression in plato's own stance throughout his writings of the socratic dialogues. so, i do not think that we have a clear picture of what socrates thought on every issue, at least not consistently, and certainly not first-hand. thus, i maintain that socrates has nothing to do with this.

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Yet Dialectic and Socratic Irony still survive to this day, drawing on his influence. And Speaking of Plato...i have Loeb/Harvard's 'PLATO I: Euthyphro, Apology, Crito, Phaedo, Phaedrus' sitting right here...and ill be damned if i couldn't read this whole book, and get some kind of idea about how Socrates would think about abortion or gun rights, or at the least, be able to formulate the structure and the content of the questions he might ask or respond with.

Case in point...2 albums ain't enough to guess how someone really is. 6, 7, 8 albums is more than enough to get a good idea. And Pac has, what, a dozen or more? The last 2 people he would work with would be a snitch or a racist...and here he is with both on one of his albums... = $$$