2Pac - Runnin'

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
What do you guys think of this song (the new one from the Resurrection soundtrack). I cannot stop listening to it. One of the most thunderous beats I've ever heard, with perfect choices of what Biggie and Pac verses to sample from. Only thing about the song that is not perfect is the lady singing the chorus. My opinion, whats you all?

Sep 4, 2002
Ok I think that track is dope...but They just put eminem on the beat so more people would listen to it that only listen to slim. But we all know Pac wouldnt have done shit with Em. He was a black panther for god sakes. Also them puttin Wyclef on a track with pac pisses me off beyond belife. But the beat is bangin. I like Ghost better

May 4, 2002
I dont think 50 cent and eminem should of been on that cd, thats why I havent copped the cd yet, because they ( who ever put out the cd) is just trying to make money off of a dead man, If they where trying to carry his legacy then they would of put out some REAL music from pac......

just my 2 cents

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
Hmmm... that's funny, 'cause his mom put the CD out. I have it and it's got like a 4-page layout of their plans on making the Tupac Youth Center for Arts. It's a soundtrack to a movie, so it's not set-up by the regular standards of an album either.

The guy went to a prodimantly white school growing up, just because you are a Black Panther doesn't mean you aren't going to work with White People.

He would NEVER work with Eminem, but he would work with John Belushi? Ok, I gotta say that some people make poor assumptions. I can't say whether or not Pac would work with Em, but if his mom felt it best to utilize Eminem on production and on song making, then so be it.

Give the CD a chance, it's not that bad. It's a soundtrack, so don't expect a Classic Album, but it's a great album. That "Rear View" track is the hottest, in my opinion.

Apr 25, 2002
Fridge said:
I can't say whether or not Pac would work with Em, but if his mom felt it best to utilize Eminem on production and on song making, then so be it.
[/B]
The beat is incredible though. I'm not a fan of Em at all, but I can't ignore the fact that the beat is fucking THUNDEROUS.

May 17, 2003
Originally Posted By cali_gangsta
i thought the track is sick.and it is not a lady who sang the chorus homie. eminem got the chorus from and old ass song and just turned up the speed a lil bit or i think he turned the pitch up higher (im not very sure).
and all he had to do is add a chorus and then the voices of biggie and 2pac in the backround & 2pac and Biggie already did the song together way before the beef started so he just used that

Sep 4, 2002
No. Im not saying that Pac never worked with any white people. But yeah his mom did put em on there cuz she wants some more money and more promotion which i can understand. But im sorry But puttin him on tracks with people he HATED( ie nas, jay-z,wyclef,50 cent) and then puttin people on there he would probably never work with in the RAP game not movie industry cuz thats whole differnet kinda game. But im pretty damn sure that pac woiuldnt be fuckin with em and 50 and waht not. I mean yukmouth made it pretty clear too in an interview he did.

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
@MrFedEx503
I'm in your same boat. Just so's you know.....

As far as the song....who cares? Not very hot. Em trying to copy the heatmakers/just blaze style, and kinda stunk it up. Mixed it up with a west coast sound set, and it just didnt sound right. I say, leave the advanced production techniques to the advanced producers.

Sep 4, 2002
tadou said:

As far as the song....who cares? Not very hot. Em trying to copy the heatmakers/just blaze style, and kinda stunk it up. Mixed it up with a west coast sound set, and it just didnt sound right. I say, leave the advanced production techniques to the advanced producers.

real talk... and whats with it like all the sudden Producing is something the talk about in mainstream hiphop. Like on the back of the cd its like Runnin' feat biggie and pac PRODUCED by:eminem or something like that. whatever its just stupid why he did a remix track and now all the sudden he can be in a 2pac Doc????whatever im blazed this probably makes no sence. But ya tadou Real talk there

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
Well, I read that interview by Yukmouth and it seemed that there was a tone of bitterness to his statements... but I'm not one to judge.

All I know, is that Pac ain't here so nobody should be speaking for him either way.

All I can say is that the song is tight, if it takes Eminem to get more people to listen to Pac, then I'm for spreadin' the word.

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
^^ Britney Spears or The Rolling Stones could get people to spread the fricking word here too. The point is, they are cashing in instead of doing the right thing. Afeni Shakur has officially turned her back on all of her son's fans...

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
Nope...

tadou said:
^^ Britney Spears or The Rolling Stones could get people to spread the fricking word here too. The point is, they are cashing in instead of doing the right thing. Afeni Shakur has officially turned her back on all of her son's fans...
Not in my opinion.

She probably knew a lot more than any of the fans did, and I don't think she needs that extra cash for crack.

If Spears and Stones had as much respect and admiration for 2Pac as Em did, let them do a track. He recorded all of those songs so that his legacy wouldn't die... in my opinion, it's far from dead.

Apr 14, 2003
how the hell yall gonna put words in Pac's mouth? Talkin bout he would work wit this person, and he wouldnt work wit this person. How the hell do you know? Tell me how u know what the man was thinking. I can tell you he probably wasnt thinkin about no eminem or 50 cent because they werent big back then, so if he wasnt thinking about them, then how is he supposed to decide if hes gonna work with them? Then in some way call you up and let you know just so you can tell the people on the siccness.
what the fuck.
Get real playaz.

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
D'struction said:
how the hell yall gonna put words in Pac's mouth? Talkin bout he would work wit this person, and he wouldnt work wit this person. How the hell do you know? Tell me how u know what the man was thinking.
You are the one who needs to get real, friend. Ever hear of Freudians? Or People who are familiar with the philosophies and teachings of SOCRATES or CONFUCIOUS? These people are able to predict MANY things that these people would have thought or felt about modern times. You dont need to be 100% accurate, you just need to make sense.

That being said...who gives a flying fuck what Afeni thinks? Would YOUR mom know what to do with your songs if you were to die tomorrow? I doubt it. As soon as Pac died, she set up a record company to COLLECT ROYALTIES, not to put out her own hand-picked artists because she loves music so much. So, no, I dont believe for ONE SECOND that money ISN'T the issue here.

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
tadou said:
That being said...who gives a flying fuck what Afeni thinks? Would YOUR mom know what to do with your songs if you were to die tomorrow? I doubt it. As soon as Pac died, she set up a record company to COLLECT ROYALTIES, not to put out her own hand-picked artists because she loves music so much. So, no, I dont believe for ONE SECOND that money ISN'T the issue here.
I believe for one second that she was the one fighting the fight for the black panthers, she was the big reason why Pac was into the politics like he was. I believe her, more so than Suge, would want the message of Tupac's philosophy to root for the underdog to live on. I believe very much so that Afeni Shakur is utilizing a very admirable amount of that money to help give privilidges to those that would normally be left empty handed. I'm sure Afeni Shakur isn't in it for the music, I don't think Pac was really in it for the music, he was in it because it put him in a position to make a change in this world. Unfortunately, society made him out to be a bad guy and he was a victim of circumstance... he may have been the next great leader for human rights (or maybe he was?).

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
@Fridge
I can dig it. This is another one of those Republican or Democrat, Palestine or Israel questions. You're either on one side or the other and there isn't much wiggle room.

All i can really say is, Afeni really didn't give a half of a shit about starting a label until her son died and she knew through lawyers that she had the right to get her hands on most of his leftover songs. So she is still suspect in my book...even Biggie's mom didn't try to file papers and shit to snatch up all of his tracks...Pun's wife didn't...and so on.

As for 2pac being the rights leader...not quite. He never was urbane or philanthropic enough to stress getting an education over not giving a fuck, or being faithful to your partner over sleeping around...so outside of having a real strong, even intense emotional reaction and feeling of empathy, you cant get much else from a 2Pac album.

(And by the way, the next great civil rights leader will be a gay man, trying to get gay marraige in the constitution....in the US, at least.)

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
Hmmmm...

I don't quite believe that, you should check out Tupac Resurection, they show a lot about Pac. It's worth watching, it's narated by him and it's really a deep movie. If you go into it with an open mind, I can't believe you won't get something out of this movie.

From what I understand, Pun and Biggie didn't have an enormous amount of shit recorded when they died. Pac spent the last year of his life recording, because he knew his time was up. He had plans of starting his own label, I thought I'd heard in some interviews that it was going to be Amaru Records... but I can't confirm that. The vibe I got was that his mother was doing this in his best interest. There's no other way to get all of these recordings out that he had, then for somebody to release them. It seems more than right to me that his mother releases them over anyone else.