**2nd Annual Official '09 SF GIants reg. season Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
If the Dbacks had won today, that queer AZ Boss woulda been all in here talkin shit, if they win a game, expect his queerness to be talkin

Sep 25, 2005
Drafting kids outta highschool has always seemed so rediculous to me.
the majority of the A/S players in MLB were drafted out of HS..........even the majority of the A/S caliber players drafted out of college were drafted out of HS 3 years earlier, just didn't sign........

if you want some low risk/low reward players play moneyball and draft like Billy Beane....................no knock on him...i like his ability to make trades that are benficial to the A's............but his idea of drafting exclusively College players isn't IMO the best way to go.............

ALWAYS DRAFT THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE...............

did Burgarmer, Alderson, and Cain go to college???????? no.....

great players usually get snatched up before they get to college..........

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
yee Cain is now 8-1!!!!!! He finally gets alot of run support for once to bail him from his worst start so far this season.

Dec 23, 2004
www.Representthebay.com
High school players are a high risk high reward, you can tell what kind of tools kids are gonna have at the high school age. But a kid out of high school is gonna take 4-6 years to develop

most College players have finished off there growth spurts and what not and you pretty much see what your gonna get. plus I would say most college leagues are the equivalent of AA ball. A solid college player should take 2-3 years to get to the big leagues

Sep 25, 2005
High school players are a high risk high reward, you can tell what kind of tools kids are gonna have at the high school age. But a kid out of high school is gonna take 4-6 years to develop

most College players have finished off there growth spurts and what not and you pretty much see what your gonna get. plus I would say most college leagues are the equivalent of AA ball. A solid college player should take 2-3 years to get to the big leagues
i would say that the best college conferences (ACC, SEC, PAC-10, ECT...) are Single-A advanced.......

you are right in that tools can be projected in HS........but they still need to go out there and prove it against higher competition.......

the problem with not taking elite HS players out of HS is that......if you pass on them on a high pick you won't get another shot....because other teams won't pass on them........

Elite HS players should take closer to 3-4 years (reach majors @ 21-22 years old) to develope..........if scouts think they will take 6 years, that means they aren't that good, and should go to college.......

Dec 23, 2004
www.Representthebay.com
Elite HS players should take closer to 3-4 years (reach majors @ 21-22 years old) to develope..........if scouts think they will take 6 years, that means they aren't that good, and should go to college.......
Agreed..........

I was thinking more of your average high school draftee. Sure your "Elite" Prospect is gonna rise fast through system, but if you find a high school kid who can throw 95 plus but can't hit the side of a barn, you should draft him even if it takes 6 years, pay off could be big down the road.