**2nd Annual Official '09 SF GIants reg. season Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
we are playing well right now. our pitching is doing its job. we seem to be scoring enough. not as much as i would like but enough none the less. we just need to make a move and get a bat. end of story.

lets go g men!

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
that's true Dutch. Even Zito has been pitching "well" his past several starts. Much better than last season, even though he does still manage to allow a lot of hits.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
you guys are a bit late.....i've been telling you guys that Zito has made dramatic improvements about 7 starts ago..............
bit late? I've been giving Zito props almost everytime his past several games now. But I guess you just love living in the Giants thread.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
This may seem random, and it kinda is, but Matt Cain really deserves to be an all star this year, 7-1 Record 53 Strikeouts 29 Walks 2.27 ERA 1.32 WHIP and i dont remember what his Opponent BA with RISP was, but its one of the best as well....

Apr 25, 2002
The Mets claimed Misch off waivers...Got Em!!!
ROFL!!!!!

renteria sucks, i tried to give him a chance but hes a bum
Its sad that he's an offensive "upgrade" from last season's team. I don't understand why we didnt get Orlando Hudson and play him at 2B and move Burris but I guess maybe we werent in the running.

we are playing well right now. our pitching is doing its job. we seem to be scoring enough. not as much as i would like but enough none the less. we just need to make a move and get a bat. end of story.

lets go g men!
Well, I think the need to get a bat quick because LA is on a terror and if it continues we might be out of it by the allstar break. If there is no catching LA there is a chance of a wildcard. I'd hate to see us throw away some young talent though for a bat if we aren't going anywhere. I think we could get a bat in the off season and really compete next year.

Jan 5, 2006
I see us catchin up after the all star break.. thats when teams usually fade away or turn it on.. in the dodgers case they'd either keep the same pace or fade off. We gotta acquire a bat or two also.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
I agree, i believe we can catch up, our pitching is on point, I really dont think any other SP we can call up would do much worse than Sanchez.

Timmys pitching good, Randys getting by, Cain is killing shit, Zito is pitching decent again. Sanchez has been sucking badly. So far ive heard the following players linked with trades
Aaron Rowand
Bengie Molina
Brian Wilson
Jonathan Sanchez

Jan 5, 2006
i like rowand's hustle, but att is not real nice to him. The reason no one likes to come to ATT is because its not a hitters park, Gary Matthews for example even tho he sucks dick anyways.

I'd trade some prospects and one of our SP's for Adrian Gonzalez.. he hits good at ATT park anyways.

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
We gotta acquire a bat or two also.
I don't think we necessarily need to go outside the org to get a bat, Bowker changed his approach over the off season (since he was striking out way too much) and is now tearing it up in AAA (including leading the league in OBP).

Over his last ten games:

.513 AVE 5 2B 1 3B 5 HR 16 RBI 7 BB 4 SO 4 SB
If he keeps this up, I'll like to see him recalled before the All Star break...Winn needs to be traded though, so Bowker and Schierholtz can get playing time....