**2nd Annual Official '09 SF GIants reg. season Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
This is one of those trades will never know about until Alderson hits the big leagues.

I like getting Sanchez but I just wonder if we gave up too much for him. I'm also a little concerned that we're landing a guy who hits for average but doesn't have outstanding speed. ATT is a park built for guys to hit the ball to the gap and run the bases.

For all of you speaking on getting a power bat, who exactly are you thinking is available thats gonna get it done at ATT?

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
The Giants "haven't ruled out trading for more offense" after getting Freddy Sanchez and Ryan Garko. Heyman says that at some point the Giants scouted Miguel Tejada, Carlos Lee, Josh Willingham, Nick Johnson, Mark Teahen and Marco Scutaro. We can probably cross Johnson off the list. And we've seen no sign the Astros would sell.

The Giants would like to add a fifth starter, given the loss of Randy Johnson for at least August. Heyman speculates on a few names such as Bronson Arroyo, Doug Davis, and Jon Garland.

ESPN's Keith Law finds the Giants' trade of Tim Alderson for Sanchez reasonable, due to "slippage in Alderson's stuff."