2012 College Football Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
how did oregon do vs LSU last year? ok so oregon has played alot of shitty pac 12 schools, congrats

for a huskie fan you sure sound like a delusional duck fan lol just playing

im not a SEC or bama fan i just call it like i see it. at the start of the year i wanted to see if USC could beat bama but USC is not great. i think UCLA will come out of the south
Last year? You do know that Darron Thomas is no longer playing for Oregon right? Last year means nothing.

May 9, 2002
USC lost to ARIZONA!!!!!!!!!!!
And? Arizona is AWFUL on the road and GREAT on the road. Go look at the games they have won and lost...night and day.

lol iv watched every single USC game this year and yes they have alot of talent but they have looked bad on both sides of the ball. lane is not a good coach. how USC beat oregon in oregon last year is crazy.
While i agree, what does this have to do with anything? The fact is, whether they are that good or not, they were RANKED and AT HOME. Thats the only two things that matter at this point. Nothing else.

all im saying is to be the best you have to beat the best and oregon has not beat a top SEC team.
They havent in the past, but again, that has no BARING on the present/future. None. Nada.

this guy said it perfectly....

For those saying that if LSU's subpar offense scored on Bama, then Oregon's would really go off, pay a little attention. It's the style of play that LSU brings to the table that has the best chance of success against Bama. You have to match their power game. On top of that, LSU played their best game of the year by far (a la Stephen Garcia/South Carolina vs Bama in 2010). Somebody else said that we'd see how things would play out when the Ducks play Stanford which has a defensive style like Alabama. Playing the same style doesn't mean you are at the same level. That's like trying to compare Oregon's offense to Kentucky's because they are both spread style offenses. I just think if you give Saban a month to prepare, he will beat you. Everybody's had the chance for the last 6 years (not counting last year) to beat the SEC, and it hasn't happened. Until then, just deal.
This is all crap becuase had LSU played AWAY from Death Valley, it would have been a different story. Death Valley is the hardest stadium to play in and its not even close. Do you KNOW what their all time win record is? They BEAT ALabama at home last year, and then LOST to that very same team AWAY from Death Valley.

how did oregon do vs LSU last year? ok so oregon has played alot of shitty pac 12 schools, congrats
Again, last year has no baring on anything pertaining to this year.

for a huskie fan you sure sound like a delusional duck fan lol just playing
Its "Husky", but i digress. I know what i see with my own two eyes and that is all that matters. Oregon is the cream of the crop in the Pac-12 and they this team right here is the best Oregon team....ever. Not even up for discussion.

im not a SEC or bama fan i just call it like i see it. at the start of the year i wanted to see if USC could beat bama but USC is not great. i think UCLA will come out of the south
Kinda hard to call when a)Oregon has not played an SEC team/Alabama this year and b)you arent watching what Oregon is doing on a game-to-game basis.

Dec 4, 2011
lol whatever guy. i think the SEC is way better than the pac 12 so i put more into bama beating LSU at LSU than oregon beating USC at USC.

if oregon wants to be number one and called the best team than beat the best team. end of story

Dec 4, 2011
Kinda hard to call when a)Oregon has not played an SEC team/Alabama this year and b)you arent watching what Oregon is doing on a game-to-game basis.
your right oregon has not played a team with bama's talent. i have seen oregon play Washington, Arizona State and USC and they have looked great but i don't think the pac 12 is very good. but your right i did miss these games the ducks played. Arkansas State, Fresno State, Tennessee Tech, Arizona, Washington State and can't forget the great Colorado

May 9, 2002
lol whatever guy. i think the SEC is way better than the pac 12 so i put more into bama beating LSU at LSU than oregon beating USC at USC.

if oregon wants to be number one and called the best team than beat the best team. end of story
no one argued that the SEC is better than the Pac-12. However, you're using backwards logic in that if the SEC>Pac12, than no PAC12 team can beat an SEC team, which is false. The SEC may be better top-to-bottom, but that is irrelevant to the conversation.

Dec 4, 2011
no one argued that the SEC is better than the Pac-12. However, you're using backwards logic in that if the SEC>Pac12, than no PAC12 team can beat an SEC team, which is false. The SEC may be better top-to-bottom, but that is irrelevant to the conversation.
i never said oregon can't beat bama or LSU i just don't see it happening. i think any good team can beat any other good team but iv seen how oregon struggles elite teams after giving them 30 days to get ready and iv seen what SEC defenses do to that offence and i know its all in the past but till oregon beats them you can't call oregon the best. i mean you can say they are the best you can do whatever you want but to me to be the best you have to beat the best.

right now vegas has bama by +4 down from +5 so when the game happens any of you guys wanna do sig bets?

Jan 12, 2006
Incarcerated Bob ‏ Incar @Incar ceratedbob
Johnny Manziel is what we would of saw if Allen Iverson would have played #College #Football (He was a beast in HS) #QB

Dec 4, 2011
wow great game! SEC 7 straight chips is over. K st or notre dame vs Oregon

alot of people thought it was dumb for texas a&m to join the SEC and they have looked good.