2011 dunk contest

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
the car dunk was just about all the hype leading up to it, it was really hella basic though

and the free throw dunk was dope... but I think it didn't get as much love because it has been done before... just a few inches further up... and honestly it doesn't look that great

I mean I know that shit is difficult to do... but it doesn't look as cool as some of the other dunks

I still say the one with 2 hoops was the best

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
^agreed. I've never seen a "double" dunk before.

When they came out wit another hoop, I thought it was like the Dwight Howard one from before, and raising it to show the height difference but when they lined em up together I was like nooo fuckin way this fool bout to dunk twice in the air.

Shit was sickkkk. Never seen anything like that ever. Definitly original. McGee did another dope ass dunk too, kinda hard to explain but he went one corner to the other n did like a windmill type shit.

The Blake griffin "honey dip" dunk didn't really impress me either. I mean yeah he got real high in the air n all that but dude is 6'10 wit a long reach. I just don't see that being difficult for him...

I dunno why I'm talkin shit like I can do ANY of em.... Well actually I can, on like 9' hoop. LOL.

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
LOL

Gay as usual. The dunk contest hasn't been worth a watch in 10 years.
BUT I BET U WATCHED EVERY ONE JUST LIKE ME.AND UNLESS U CAN DO BETTER I LOOK AT IT AS U BEIN UNAPPRECIATIVE.IM HAPPY THE NBA HAS AN EVENTFUL WEEKEND.AINT NOTHIN ELSE POPPIN. U ACT LIKE U BROKE BREAD OR SOMETHING. LOOSEN UP THEM SKINNY JEANS...HAHA...ENJOY THE ENTERTAINMENT AND STOP BEIN A SCROOGE.

Jul 25, 2007
This dunk shits on all dunks in the history of dunks.

Blake Griffin jumped over the fuckin hood of the car. So he basically jumped over a midget.

Nov 24, 2003
Ibaka definitely got robbed.

I agree the car was a little bit a of a let down, but I will say it does add some degree of risk. I mean it was like 72 inches wide and if you make a mistake, it would fuck you up. Unlike if you jumped over a person and miscalculated, where you would probably just knock dude over, the car ain't budging.

I think they need to do 2 rounds instead of 3 because the dudes were looking tired by the end and it's tough to come up with that many creative ideas.

May 9, 2002
BUT I BET U WATCHED EVERY ONE JUST LIKE ME.AND UNLESS U CAN DO BETTER I LOOK AT IT AS U BEIN UNAPPRECIATIVE.IM HAPPY THE NBA HAS AN EVENTFUL WEEKEND.AINT NOTHIN ELSE POPPIN. U ACT LIKE U BROKE BREAD OR SOMETHING. LOOSEN UP THEM SKINNY JEANS...HAHA...ENJOY THE ENTERTAINMENT AND STOP BEIN A SCROOGE.
I can complain about it when i am a) the consumer, whether I paid for it or not and b) when comparing the event to a decade ago, its terrible.

How lame is it to watch a guy try 8 times to dunk? By the 3rd time, the "wow" factor is gone. Not to mention, the WWE approach they've taken the last few years...just to create hype and drama. That all adds up to uber gayness.

Nov 24, 2003
I can complain about it when i am a) the consumer, whether I paid for it or not and b) when comparing the event to a decade ago, its terrible.

How lame is it to watch a guy try 8 times to dunk? By the 3rd time, the "wow" factor is gone. Not to mention, the WWE approach they've taken the last few years...just to create hype and drama. That all adds up to uber gayness.

They should definitively limit the number of attempts and maybe score on a sliding scale so that if you get 3 attempts for example; the first has a potential top score of 50, the second 48, and the 3rd 46 - or something of that nature.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I thought the dunk contest was good this year. The dude who jumped from the free throw line got robbed, he should've scored a 50 since he didn't step over the line. And Blake's last dunk was dangerous, because one fuck up and he could've busted his head. I was entertained...

Feb 23, 2003
Fresno, CALIF.
The Dunk Contest is NOT a SLAM DUNKING Contest. It's a Crowd-pleasing gimmick that is basically a Popularity Contest. The best dunk never wins. And...they let the Fans Vote. Happy nonetheless for the Best Rookie in the NBA, the homie Blake Griffin. CLIPPER NATION!