2010 NBA Rookie of the Year

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

2010 NBA Rookie of the Year

• Stephen Curry

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • Tyreke Evans

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • Brandon Jennings

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
Dec 9, 2005
Tyreke Evans. When the Warriors play the Cavs, West or Williams guards Curry, but when the Cavs play the Kings Lebron defends Tyreke 'huge difference'. Tyreke was slowed down for a couple weeks but as great players do he adjusted and stayed consistent. I love curry and hes going to be a very good player and all but if Reke solely doesnt win this award it will be a robbery. SMH.
That's because Tyreke isn't a real PG. Why do you think him and Martin could not co-exist?

From John Hollinger:

Evans plays point guard much of the time and thus has a decent assist ratio, but that masks his major weakness as a playmaker: He thinks sequentially. As in, "First, I'll look for my shot; only when I am cut off, I'll look to see what's going on around me." As a result he might be one of the most frustrating teammates in the league.

He's one of a handful of players with a TS% under 53 and a usage rate above 25, but the visual is what really puts him over the top -- the idea of involving people just for the sake of their participation in the offense seems completely foreign to him. Too many times he's passing only as a last resort.

Dec 9, 2005
based on what stats does he shit on Evans?
You're actually right. I saw some stats on the TV, but I can't track 'em down.

Fuck it. Curry is going to end up being the best player anyways. Shit, he's better right now.

Let's not forget that Curry only took the reigns in January.

GS DUBS

Mar 26, 2009
That's because Tyreke isn't a real PG. Why do you think him and Martin could not co-exist?

From John Hollinger:

Evans plays point guard much of the time and thus has a decent assist ratio, but that masks his major weakness as a playmaker: He thinks sequentially. As in, "First, I'll look for my shot; only when I am cut off, I'll look to see what's going on around me." As a result he might be one of the most frustrating teammates in the league.

He's one of a handful of players with a TS% under 53 and a usage rate above 25, but the visual is what really puts him over the top -- the idea of involving people just for the sake of their participation in the offense seems completely foreign to him. Too many times he's passing only as a last resort.
You know hollinger hated that the Kings picked Reke over his golden boy Ricky Rubio right? He's been bashing Evans from the get go.

Nov 16, 2004
I'm biased, Steph Curry for ROY. Curry would have better numbers than TE and BJ on their teams.

Brandon was good, but he fell off hard when teams started paying attention to him. Steph and Evans would lead the Bucks further than BJ, deny that.

Mar 26, 2009
Im sorry but if you think Curry is going to end being better than Tyreke your crazy. Yes, Curry is the better shooter and will most likely end up being the better shooter of the two over their careers, but this is where Tyreke has the advantage. What does Lebron, Kobe, & D-Wade do other than score? They Play Defense. Superstar potential players play both sides of the ball and Rekes man on man D is way beyond his years. He has guarded the likes of Roy, Kobe, James, Etc. you see my point. Not only does het get defended by the best in the nba he defends the best too and hasnt backed down from a challenge yet. Another fact you guys seem to forget is that Reke is 2 yrs youngers than Curry...my bad had to vent.

Jan 5, 2006
Tyreke has a size advantage over Curry, also ones a true pg and the other is not..

so we can sit here and compare but at the end of the day both teams also employ 2 different systems.... warriors run n gun

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
I'm a big time fan of both players. I've followed curry since his debut in march madness fresh/soph year i can't remember but he was tearin shit up. I've liked curry since and wanted the blazers desperatly to get him. Curry and tyreke are 2 WAY diff players. I think it should be a co ROY cuz they both deserve it, respectively. tyreke was pretty much the #1 option from day 1. Curry didn't play as much the first quarter or so of the season. Teams started to double and D up tyreke, and like great players do, they adjust their game to maintain a high level of play which he did. 20/5/5 is amazing as a rookie. Michael Jordan, lebron, and what Oscar? The only players to do such thing. Curry on the other hand, still averaged like what 17 or 18 points behind 2 ball hogs in monta and maggette. He was the #3 option but still put up great numbers for a rookie. He's a triple double threat every night, but same wit tyreke. Tyreke would be better at SG with a pass first PG.

At the end of the day, regardless of ROY, both are gonna be great players for their own team, and the fans should be excited. Fuck, I'm stoked for both players and can't wait for the future of both players. Bright future ahead of em.

Dec 9, 2005
Good points Invisible...but Reke is NOT a true PG. He's what we thought Steph Curry was supposed to be, and the fact that he could not CO EXIST with one of the best off guards in the game in Martin shows that he does not belong at PG.

Just my .02

He's a beast tho, don't get me wrong.

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
Actually, the funny thing is one of the weaknesses on each team is exactly what the other player brings. What I mean is, the kings woulda been GREAT wit a curry/Martin backcourt. That actually would be DOPE. And the warriors woulda been great with Evans because they get the perfect guard to play wit monta. He can play the PG and guard the opposing SG while monta plays the SG and guards the opposing PG.

Jun 27, 2005
Good points Invisible...but Reke is NOT a true PG. He's what we thought Steph Curry was supposed to be, and the fact that he could not CO EXIST with one of the best off guards in the game in Martin shows that he does not belong at PG.

Just my .02

He's a beast tho, don't get me wrong.
people are making too much of whether or not he's a true pg and I think its Martin who had trouble coexisting with reke. I mean damn beno fuckin udrih had a career year next to him.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
well maybe we'll get to see them play together.

Team USA mastermind Jerry Colangelo confirmed that Stephen Curry, Tyreke Evans and Jeff Green will all be invited to Las Vegas for practices this summer.
Colangelo is clearly keeping an eye to the future with these picks, who may or may not make the roster for this summer's World Championships in Turkey. "We want to get them into the system," said Colangelo. "Get them ready to play, whether it’s this cycle or the next."

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Jennings is the only 1 whos team got better. he started all 82 games and had the nba's highest scoring game this season and led his team 2 the playoffs and scored 34 in his playoff debut. salmons made a huge impact and they prolly neva wud hav picked em up if redd hadnt got hurt. but accorrding 2 stats evans shud win it.