2005 BASEBALL PERDEKTIONS!!!!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
HERE WE GO YALL ITS ABOUT THAT TIME!! LETS SEE WHO KNOWS WHAT! MAKE YALL PREDICTIONS FOR THE UPCOMING BASEBALL SEASON!! HERE ARE MINE.............

AL WEST
Anaheim
Seattle
Texas
Oakland

AL EAST
N.Y. Yankees
Boston*
Baltimore
Tampa Bay
Toronto

AL CENTRAL
Minnesota
Chicago
Cleveland
Detroit
Kansas City

NL WEST
San Diego
Arizona
L.A. Dodgers
S.F. Midgets
Colorado

NL EAST
Atlanta
N.Y. Mets
Florida
Philadelphia
Washington

NL CENTRAL
Chicago
St. Louis*
Houston
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Milwaukee

*Wildcard Team

Chicago Cubs over the N.Y. Yankees in World Series!

AL MVP- A. Rodriguez
NL MVP- A. Pujols

AL Cy Young- J. Santana
NL Cy Young- M. Mulder

AL Manager- M. Hargrove
NL Manager- B. Bochy

There u have it!! My shit bomb!! Where yall at?? Holla!! GOT EM!!!

Mar 6, 2005
here are the 2 divisions that i care the most.

NL WEST
1)San Diego Padres
2)San Francisco Giants
3)Arizona Diamondbacks
4)Los Angeles Dodgers

AL WEST
1)Anaheim Angels
2)Oakland Athletics
3)Texas Rangers
4)Seattle Mariners

AL MVP: Vladimir Guerrero

NL MVP: Albert Pujols

AL CY YOUNG: Randy Johnson

NL CY YOUNG: Jason Schimidt

WORLD SERIES : Florida Marlins VS Anahiem Angels in 6 games Marlins Wins It.

Everyone is counting out Fillmoe Giants cuz Bonds is out but Bonds is only out till probably all-star break so when he gets back, we gonna win the wildcard and hopefully sneak up on people in the playoffs.

Aug 4, 2003
Eugene
oregonshane.wordpress.com
AL WEST
Seattle
Anaheim
Texas
Oakland

AL EAST
N.Y. Yankees
Boston*
Baltimore
Tampa Bay
Toronto

AL CENTRAL
Minnesota
Chicago
Cleveland
Detroit
Kansas City

NL WEST
San Diego
S.F. Giants
L.A. Dodgers
Arizona
Colorado

NL EAST
Atlanta
Philadelphia*
Florida
N.Y. Mets
Washington

NL CENTRAL
St. Louis
Houston
Chicago
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Milwaukee

*Wildcard Team

Mariners over the Braves in World Series!

AL MVP- Adrian Beltre
NL MVP- Albert Pujols

AL Cy Young- Barry Zito
NL Cy Young- Kery Wood

Aug 20, 2004
UPSTATE NICCA said:
4)Seattle Mariners
Youre kidding right????

Anyways...

AL WEST
Anaheim
Seattle
Texas
Oakland

AL EAST
N.Y. Yankees
Boston*
Baltimore
Tampa Bay
Toronto

AL CENTRAL
Minnesota
Chicago
Cleveland
Detroit
Kansas City

NL WEST
San Diego
Arizona
L.A. Dodgers
S.F. Midgets
Colorado

NL EAST
Atlanta
N.Y. Mets
Florida
Philadelphia
Washington

NL CENTRAL
Chicago
St. Louis*
Houston
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Milwaukee
^^^^^Thats pretty accurate...although i think TB well come in 3rd in the AL East,Cleveland 2nd in the AL Central,Dodgers in 2nd in the NL West,Mets and Atlanta could go either way...im not sure yet...and Chicago 3rd in the NL Central...

As for MVP's and other awards?Thats impossible to even calculate right now...wait til All-Star break...then well start that discussion...

Apr 25, 2002
AL WEST
Oakland
Anaheim
Texas
Seattle

Even with the loss of Hudson (who always gets injured) and Mulder (who was completely worthless the last few months of last season and still looks bad this pre-season,) the A's have improved. You're not gonna see it unless you really follow the team. Overall they have the strongest lineup they've had in a long time. There are a couple question marks in the starting rotation, but they have the a strong bullpen and can bail the young guys out early. Eric Chavez started raking against lefties last year, and Harden was the best pitcher they had in the second half, they will be MVP and Cy Young candidates this year. Also- the bullpen last year blew 28 games... That problem has been solved. Guys like Dan Johnson and Huston Street will come up during the second half and make a big impact, and the A's are stacked with more top prospects than they'll ever need, so they can make a trade or two near the deadline to cover anything they need. Texas and Seattle will be good, but their pitching still sucks (if Jamie Moyer or Kenny Rogers is your "ace" pitcher, you're in bad shape,) they'll be fighting it out for 3rd and 4th. This will be the toughest division in baseball, I wouldn't be surprised to see the first and last place teams less than 10 games apart. Oakland and Anaheim will probably be a run down to the last week like it was last year.

AL EAST
N.Y. Yankees
Boston*
Baltimore
Toronto
Tampa Bay

I think Johnson on the Yankees will be huge, Clement won't be worth what he's paid, and Toronto will be a little better than people expect.

AL CENTRAL
Minnesota
Cleveland
Chicago
Detroit
Kansas City

Cleveland will stay competetive longer this year, but they still won't have what it takes.

NL WEST
S.F. Giants
San Diego
Arizona
L.A. Dodgers
Colorado

NL EAST
Atlanta
N.Y. Mets*
Philadelphia
Florida
Washington

NL CENTRAL
St. Louis
Houston
Pittsburgh
Chicago
Cincinnati
Milwaukee

*Wildcard Team

World Series - New York over Atlanta

AL MVP- Eric Chavez
NL MVP- Albert Pujols

AL Cy Young- Randy Johnson
NL Cy Young- Tim Hudson

Apr 25, 2002
Current Vegas Odds:

NY YANKEES: 2/1
BOS RED SOX: 4/1
CHI CUBS: 8/1
LA ANGELS: 8/1
STL CARDINALS: 9/1
NY METS: 10/1
ATL BRAVES: 10/1
FLA MARLINS: 12/1
LA DODGERS: 15/1
SD PADRES: 15/1
MIN TWINS: 16/1
HOU ASTROS: 25/1
SF GIANTS: 25/1
CHI WHITE SOX: 25/1
CLE INDIANS: 30/1
TEX RANGERS: 30/1
OAK A'S: 35/1
BAL ORIOLES: 40/1
SEA MARINERS: 40/1
PHI PHILLIES: 50/1
ARZ DBACKS: 60/1
CIN REDS: 60/1
DET TIGERS: 80/1
COL ROCKIES: 150/1
TOR BLUE JAYS: 150/1
TB DEVILRAYS: 200/1
PIT PIRATES: 200/1
MIL BREWERS: 200/1
WSH NATIONALS: 500/1
KC ROYALS: 500/1

Aug 20, 2004
G-Dubb..must be an Oakland fan..to think they will WIN the AL West...cmon guy...everyone KNOWS that Anahiem is the favorite...hell..SEATTLE is better than Oakland...tell you what....if Seattle finishes BEHIND Oakland...ill sport an A's sig...that YOU pick out...til next season...

Apr 25, 2002
I'm a fan of the A's like G-Dubb, but come on y'all...you all are sick for picking Oakland to finish last in the AL West...just because we lost two of our best pitches you countin them out already?! It's gonna be the LOS ANGELOS ANGELS (how gay) and the Oakland A's who battle for the top spot in the AL West. That's all I know and care about.

Aug 20, 2004
^^^How can you count out Texas???They got some of the best young talent in baseball...and thier pitchin os slowly but surely gettin better...and Seattle...wow....the moves we made in the off-season...yall should be duckin for cover...lets all agree that the AL West...once AGAIN...will be the most exciting and competitive division to watch...

Apr 25, 2002
Jae Reekay said:
G-Dubb..must be an Oakland fan..to think they will WIN the AL West...cmon guy...everyone KNOWS that Anahiem is the favorite...hell..SEATTLE is better than Oakland...tell you what....if Seattle finishes BEHIND Oakland...ill sport an A's sig...that YOU pick out...til next season...
I am an A's fan, and I know Anaheim is the favorite, they were also the favorites to run away with the division last year (won by one game in the final weekend,) and they were not favorites in 2002 (when they won the WS)... So we know how little favorites can mean... That's why they play the games.

I also know that Oakland's bullpen has been completely revamped and will probably be the best in the AL West. I also know that Rich Harden was unhittable during the second half of last year, will only get better this year, and will have close to if not 20 wins and close to 200 K's. I also know that Chavez has improved his batting to the point where he will be a solid MVP candidate this season and will hit 35-45 HR's. I also know had Chavez not missed about 100 AB's due to an injury he got when getting HBP, he would have probably hit 40-45 last year. I also know Barry Zito will not be as bad as in 2004 and have a year comparable to 2003 or even 2002. I also know the A's have prospects in the minor leagues that would be opening day starters on other teams so they have backups in case anyone gets hurt. I also know an all-star catcher in Jason Kendall is a huge upgrade over Damian Miller. I also know rookie Nick Swisher in RF will be a solid ROY candidate and will have numbers comparable to if not better than Jermaine Dye's last year, who he's replacing. I also know Bobby Crosby will have a better year than last year's ROY season. I also know Keith Ginter or Mark Ellis at 2B is a HUGE upgrade over Marco Scutaro/Mark McLemore. I also know that mid-season call-ups Dan Johnson and Huston Street are ready to play a major role in a playoff run.

I also know that Tim Hudson, who they lost, has missed time due to injuries every single year and can't pitch in big game situations. I also know that Mark Mulder, who they lost, was completely worthless last year, putting up a 7+ ERA towards the end of the year, was so bad that fans and the local media were calling for a rookie with no MLB starting experience to start for Mulder his last start against Anaheim and doesn't seem to be improving this spring training.

I also know most people throwing out their AL West predictions don't take any of ^this into consideration, they just say "Oakland doesn't have the Big 3 so they have nothing."

I'll also put this out there! Seattle's 42 year old opening day #1 starting "ace" Jamie Moyer will have a 5.5+ ERA and will be lucky to win 10 games. Also, Adrian Beltre will hit around half the HR's he did last year in Seattle this year... I bet he don't break 30. I also bet Sexson will have even less. I'll also predict this, the Mariners will not have more than one starter in their rotation with an ERA lower than 4.5.

EDIT: Speaking on Seattle's whole pitching staff, Eddie Guardado will be the only pitcher with an ERA that's not over 4... If he even pitches. Most of Seattle's pitchers will be 4.5-5.00+.

Apr 25, 2002
Jae Reekay said:
^^^How can you count out Texas???They got some of the best young talent in baseball...and thier pitchin os slowly but surely gettin better...and Seattle...wow....the moves we made in the off-season...yall should be duckin for cover...lets all agree that the AL West...once AGAIN...will be the most exciting and competitive division to watch...
Texas has the same problem as Seattle... Bad starting pitching... Come on... Kenny Rogers a #1 pitcher?? Mark my words his 2005 ERA will be 4.75-5+... All the rest of their rotation will be 5.00-6.00... At least they have a better bullpen than Seattle, that's why I think they'll come in 3rd.

But like I said, I don't think the first and last place teams in the AL West will be that far apart, it will be the toughest division in the majors and I don't think any team will be eliminated very early.

Apr 25, 2002
BAMMER said:
Nobody wins with prospects.
Tell that to the 2002 Angels.

They can also come into play if you use them as trade bait rather than call-ups... i.e. The A's wouldn't have been competitive if they didn't trade Mark Teahen and Mike Wood for Octavio Dotel last year.

Aug 20, 2004
G-Dubb said:
Also, Adrian Beltre will hit around half the HR's he did last year in Seattle this year... I bet he don't break 30. I also bet Sexson will have even less.
Huh???Where in your ass did you pull this out of???Is there a reason why you think this will happen?From what ive been told...Dodgers stadium is more of a "pitchers park" than Safeco...so initially...shouldnt he go for MORE????Cmon guy....cut the crap....

Apr 25, 2002
Jae Reekay said:
Huh???Where in your ass did you pull this out of???Is there a reason why you think this will happen?From what ive been told...Dodgers stadium is more of a "pitchers park" than Safeco...so initially...shouldnt he go for MORE????Cmon guy....cut the crap....
Dodger Stadium is thought of as a "Pitcher's Park" but when you look at power numbers for right handed hitters between Dodger Stadium and Safeco there's a very noticable difference. A righty is about 10% more likely to hit a home run at Dodger Stadium, and about 15% less likely to hit a home run at Safeco.

That being said, I think it would be safe to assume a right-handed hitter will hit about 25% less home runs because of the change in parks.

BUT- He's also coming off a career year where his home run production more than doubled after 6 years of medium/average power, I'd be very surprised to see that continue. If his power numbers had been steadily increasing, I MIGHT buy it, but not in this case.

Since it's my own belief that he would not keep that production up (even staying in Dodger Stadium,) I would guess his HR's would drop by maybe 25% or close to it.

So combine the stadium switch with the breakout year he had last year compared to every other year, and I don't see him breaking 30 HR's.

I have nothing against the Mariners or Adrian Beltre, I just don't think he'll live up to the expectations of the Mariners or their fans.

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
2002 Angels had enough talent to get to a Wild Card,the 2005 A's do not.

AL WEST
ANAHEIM
SEATTLE
OAKLAND
TEXAS

AL CENTRAL
MINNESOTA
CLEVLAND
CHICAGO
DETROIT
KANSAS CITY

AL EAST
BOSTON
NEW YORK*
TAMPA BAY
BALTIMORE
TORONTO

NL WEST
SAN DIEGO
SAN FRANCISCO
ARIZONA
LOS ANGELES
COLORADO

NL CENTRAL
ST. LOUIS
CHICAGO
HOUSTON
PITTSBURGH
CINCINATTI
MILWAUKEE

NL EAST
ATLANTA
FLORIDA*
NY
PHILADELPHIA
WASHINGTON

WORLD SERIES
NEW YORK IN 7 OVER ATLANTA

MVP'S A-ROD & PUJOLS
BATTING CHAMPS ICHIRO & HELTON
CY YOUNGS R.JOHNSON AND HUDSON

Aug 20, 2004
BAMMER said:
The AL West is garbage.Name 2 pitchers who are bosses,and don't say Zito,cuz he has fell flat on his face for awhile now.
Oh cmon...every year the best races are in the NL and AL West...doesnt mean they are the best...just that they are the most competitive....

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Harden WILL be a boss...seriously...led the league in pitches thrown over 95 miles an hour last year and was like 11-1 after the break...and zito will have one of his best years yet, he had a great offseason, and got back into his old offseason routine.