2 MANY RAPPERS, NOT ENOUGH FANS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 28, 2005
^^^ WHATS THE DEFINITION OF LET THE YOUNG NIGGAS SHINE??? I REALLY WOULD LIKE 2 KNOW. IF THEY WORK HARD THEY WILL GET WHAT THEY DESERVE BUT I CHOOSE 2 DEAL WITH THE OLDER CROWD CUZ THEY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOIN AND HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THE BUSINESS. I KNOW WE ALL HAVE OUR OPINIONS BUT SAYING THE RAPGAME HAS AGE LIMITS IS STUPID 2 ME CUZ MOST OF THE PEOPLE WHO CONTROL THE MONEY PART OF THE GAME ARE GRANDFATHERS AND FEEL THE SAME WAY THE OLDER ARTISTS DO...AINT NOTHIN 4 FREE AND THE YOUNGER CROWD HAS 2 PUT IN SOME WORK AND PAY SOME DUES. I CANT SEE IT ANY OTHER WAY. I PUT ALL MY YOUNG NIGGAS ON BUT I ALSO LACE THEM ON THE BIZ SO THEY DONT HAVE 2 RUN AROUND LIKE CHICCENS WITH THEY HEADS CUT OFF. ITS A BUSINESS SAVVY MANS GAME...I DONT THINK IT HAS ANYTHING 2 DO WITH AGE AND I WAS A RAP FAN BEFORE I WAS A PROFESSIONAL RAPPER AND IF U ASK ME, THE NEW GENERATION MUSIC IS WAY 2 DIGITAL BASED AND NOT REAL MUSIC. I WOULD RATHER SPEND MY MONEY BUYING A BANDS MUSIC THAN SOME CORNBALL RAP SHIT AT THIS POINT. NOT SAYING THE YOUNG TALENT ISNT DOIN THEY THANG BUT IF U UNDERSTAND THE BUSINESS, U WILL REALIZE AINT NO SUCH THING AS LETTIN THE NEXT NIGGA SHINE...OLD OR YOUNG...U JUST HAVE 2 BE THE BEST U CAN BE. THIS AINT SPORTS,ITS MUSIC.....AND SOME PPL ACTUALLY GET BETTER WITH TIME. 1

I'm the type of person that believes if you want to be a artist or do it for a hobby im not going to hate/talk shit because everybody starts off learning if its something positive im all for it. its alot of so called artists that get deals and end up flopping and making it harder for new artists/labels to get deals. Digital Music is perfect because it cuts the cost of pressing and distribution of phyical cds. i do agree now n days everybody trying to do music. but if you have good music and good marketing how is it not enough fans? alot of artists selling hella records also everybodys selling verses and not making real music like the other person on here said... is this a topic about not enough money? or about real music making.. thats my question..

also artists hit me up if you have good music & HD videos and want to know how to get VEVO Channels/worldwide distribution

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
i dont think the rap world should have an age limit, look at Nas and Jay-Z, i might not like their music much, but i respect their hustle

what the rap world needs is a bullshit limiter tho, theres just too much false flaggin and bullshit being throwin into the mixing bowl and its fuckin up the taste of the final product

Mar 3, 2008
Tay u still waiting....ha u gonna be waiting homie. Nobody in cali selling shit. I know rappers who had gold records that now started back selling D & pimping. All we gotta do is ask around u and even yourself how many albums have u bought in 2012. My answer none, last album i bought from store was outkast double album about 5 years ago and i still manage to have every new album i want!! Sad but tru..cats downloading, or getting 3 cds from the homie for $10 (and thats expensive..ha) bottom line mixtape= my album aint mix or mastered or REALLY ready so ima call it a mixtape instead of album. niggas like even my favorite E-40 flooding the game with too much music....i got stacks of cds that i want to listen too but dont even have the time so im definitely not gonna gamble buying some new nobodys album. People like Tay got a fanbase and with serious hustle he can at least for another 3 years sell 5,000 units independent which will add up to like a teacher/cop salary which aint that bad....but u new niggas betta get your features up (yeah i said it) or join a known hip-hop click (dipset,cash$,mgm,blackwallstreet,bricksquadetc etc) Or u got some wooooooooork to do. Dont get me wrong it can still be done tho....but dont market yourself to old niggaz (over 25) unless u got a fanbase. They aint buying shit. So yeah u gotta please the skinny jean niggas if u new. Basically

Dec 14, 2011
LOL@This thread, sir. I tried to tell you cats a long time ago there were too many fans who wanna rap but don't know shit about rapping (rhyme structure, cadence, flow, etc) nor do they know how to pay dues or respect to the fore fathers who opened doors.. It's either the suburban nerd ass dude who thinks he can do it because he heard his favorite rapper do it or it's the super hood cat who got 2 and a half strikes and thinks because he's extra gangster he gets a pass to rap.. Now you got all these no name ass rappers who pop up outta no where and get a co-sign because he got Quinn or B-Legit on a song with him... Everybody on this site either got some rapper they promoting or an album coming out in their sig, sir... LOL.. That should tell you something..

Their's no filter for wack rap music, sir... that's the problem. EVERYONE who thinks they can rap gets a pass to rap.. and YOU rappers are to blame for it (especially bay/Cali rappers) for pumpin these dudes heads up. Learn to say "no" and that all money ain't good money..

"Sacrifice, worth way more than platinum and ice"

And LOL A @araymond3000 idiots sayin "old rappers need to step away and let the young cats shine" type post... You don't see that shit in any other genre but rap.. You idiots are why mainstream rap suck today..

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
i really hate how you use the word sir, in the wrong places

you dont talk like that in person do you?

Mar 3, 2008
"And LOL A @araymond3000 idiots sayin "old rappers need to step away and let the young cats shine" type post... You don't see that shit in any other genre but rap.. You idiots are why mainstream rap suck today.."

^^^^^^^ real shit bruce leroy.

Jul 13, 2005
The game is much smaller than it used 2 be. A couple folkx still selling example yukmouth, E-40, j-stalin, messy marv, c-bo. But just not as fast & as much as they sold before. Keep the faith killa tay, i' swooped all yo albums from rasputins thru out yo rap career.

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
LOL..IT AINT ABOUT FAITH...MY FAITH IS IN A HIGHER POWER AND MY CLOSE FRIENDS AND KIN. I REALIZE IM NOT DISCUSSING THIS WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE ACTUALLY SPENT THOUSANDS ON THE MUSIC GAME (LIKE MYSELF) AND OTHER ARTISTS AS AN INVESTMENT. I'VE MADE GOOD MONEY OFF MY PERSONAL CAREER SO I CANT COMPLAIN BUT I'VE ALSO MADE INVESTMENTS IN OTHERS. AND LIKE I SAID...THE RAPPERS/RAPPERS WITH DEALS RATIO IS ABOUT 20,000 TO 1. I HAVE A DEAL. NOT A MILLION DOLLAR DEAL BUT ONE THAT PAYS ME AS LONG AS I WORK AND THAT HAS NOTHING 2 DO WITH WHAT I MAKE DOIN SHOWS OR VERSES. I CANT BELIEVE PPL BLAME THE RAPPERS 4 DOIN VERSES OR JOINT VENTURES WITH LESSER KNOWN ARTISTS. I ALWAYS LOOKED AT THAT AS GIVIN BACC. IT IS A BUSINESS THO AND THATS HOW SOME ARTISTS EAT AND MY POINT WAS THAT THERE ARE NO LABELS WHO SUPPORT THEIR ARTISTS 2 THE POINT THAT THEY'RE HAPPY. I CAME IN THE GAME WITH 6 DIGIT BUDGETS AND I SAW A FORMULA THAT COULD WORK 4 A LABEL BUT NOT NECESSARILY THE ARTIST. IM DEEP IN THE GAME SO IM RIDIN IT OUT CUZ I WAS RAPPIN BEFORE THE INTERNET. I KINDA FEEL BAD 4 ARTISTS(EVEN THE TALENTED ONES) WHO ARE TRYING 2 MAKE THEIR DREAM COME TRUE CUZ IF THEY DONT KNOW THE RIGHT PPL IN HIGH PLACES....THEY'LL NEVER LEARN THIS BUSINESS CUZ THE KNOWLEDGE ISNT IN A BOOK, IT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE. YALL BE COOL AND SUPPORT MY MUSIC IF U CAN. AT LEAST ITS ORIGINAL AND HAS A SENSE OF QUALITY. (IMO) 1

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
AND 4 THE PPL BUYING DRUGS AND SHOVIN SHIT UP THEY NOSE,ETC.........
I DONT SEE WHAT THE BIG DEAL IS ABOUT BUYING SOME QUALITY MUSIC AND HAVIN IT IN YOUR COLLECTION.
PEOPLE CONSUME DRUGS AND FOOD AND THAT MONEY IS GONE...4 GOOD.
AT LEAST MUSIC IS FOREVER...OR IS IT?? LOL

Feb 8, 2003
^^^ WHATS THE DEFINITION OF LET THE YOUNG NIGGAS SHINE??? I REALLY WOULD LIKE 2 KNOW. IF THEY WORK HARD THEY WILL GET WHAT THEY DESERVE BUT I CHOOSE 2 DEAL WITH THE OLDER CROWD CUZ THEY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOIN AND HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THE BUSINESS. I KNOW WE ALL HAVE OUR OPINIONS BUT SAYING THE RAPGAME HAS AGE LIMITS IS STUPID 2 ME CUZ MOST OF THE PEOPLE WHO CONTROL THE MONEY PART OF THE GAME ARE GRANDFATHERS AND FEEL THE SAME WAY THE OLDER ARTISTS DO...AINT NOTHIN 4 FREE AND THE YOUNGER CROWD HAS 2 PUT IN SOME WORK AND PAY SOME DUES. I CANT SEE IT ANY OTHER WAY. I PUT ALL MY YOUNG NIGGAS ON BUT I ALSO LACE THEM ON THE BIZ SO THEY DONT HAVE 2 RUN AROUND LIKE CHICCENS WITH THEY HEADS CUT OFF. ITS A BUSINESS SAVVY MANS GAME...I DONT THINK IT HAS ANYTHING 2 DO WITH AGE AND I WAS A RAP FAN BEFORE I WAS A PROFESSIONAL RAPPER AND IF U ASK ME, THE NEW GENERATION MUSIC IS WAY 2 DIGITAL BASED AND NOT REAL MUSIC. I WOULD RATHER SPEND MY MONEY BUYING A BANDS MUSIC THAN SOME CORNBALL RAP SHIT AT THIS POINT. NOT SAYING THE YOUNG TALENT ISNT DOIN THEY THANG BUT IF U UNDERSTAND THE BUSINESS, U WILL REALIZE AINT NO SUCH THING AS LETTIN THE NEXT NIGGA SHINE...OLD OR YOUNG...U JUST HAVE 2 BE THE BEST U CAN BE. THIS AINT SPORTS,ITS MUSIC.....AND SOME PPL ACTUALLY GET BETTER WITH TIME. 1

ok no problem lets chop it up and ill explain it a lil below.

You know well as everyone else its does have age limits its sorta like the pimpin & hoeing game. label gonna break a artists as much as they can then once the profit not there anymore they gonna drop em for the next one. like a pimp will put a hoe out there at 18(unless your young droop jk) bc its new fresh pussy but once that chick gets old and broke down nobody gonna want her and she will only be known for how she used to look or how clean that snatch used to look. rap genre unlike others is more of a young, flamboyant, flashy genre now more then day one. You dont see paul mc cartney, bono, phil colllins, tim mcgraw, britney spears, gene simmons, katy perry etc on worldstar or you tube videos flossing all they money and materials instead tehy make timeless music. unless you a power player in the industry there comes a time in all rappers life when they get old and not in demand by masses or even not relevant anymore. people gotta face it rap fans will turn on a artist once the next big thing arrive. that leaves them with three choices.. to either 1. hang it up go to the next chapter in life rather its a job, family life or expand the brand. 2. step out the spotlight into a behind the scenes position and put finance or knowledge to some youngsters(like a jay-z he maybe put out music every once in a while but he still responsible for careers of rick ross, j cole, young jeezy, Kanye West, riahnna, ne-yo to name a few.) i wasnt refering to you as age thing if you took it that way.

we talking about professional position right? bc thats what i was talking about. but far as a hobby rapper age not gonna matter bc most the time they not gonna be taken serious either.

Feb 8, 2003
TOO SHORTS LIKE 60 YEARS OLD AND IS STILL RAPPING...
\

I can say one thing about short dog atleast he trying to put out hella youngsters on his last few albums he put alot young upcoming artists on features. so i dont think he really making albums cause of him he got money i think he doing it more of using the too short name/brand to help others out. Look at somebody like MC Shan that negro is like 70 years old and tryna make a comeback he even has a new song and video taking shots at young artists. imo thats the bitter shit i was referring too. nobody checking for him now so he bitter. juice crew was like almost 30 years ago.

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
YEAH BUT WHY CANT ARTISTS DO MUSIC IF THATS WHAT THEIR HEART WANTS TO DO? EVEN IF THEY ARE OLDER...

SHIT RICK ROSS AND TWO CHAINS ARE DAMN NEAR SENIOR CITIZENS...

SO SAYING IT'S JUST YOUNGSTERS DOING IT,ISNT 100 PERCENT CORRECT

Feb 8, 2003
YEAH BUT WHY CANT ARTISTS DO MUSIC IF THATS WHAT THEIR HEART WANTS TO DO? EVEN IF THEY ARE OLDER...

SHIT RICK ROSS AND TWO CHAINS ARE DAMN NEAR SENIOR CITIZENS...

SO SAYING IT'S JUST YOUNGSTERS DOING IT,ISNT 100 PERCENT CORRECT
IDK wish I knew but you know how its always been people treat rappers like atheletes or some shit.

Difference is Ross and 2 chainz have major labels backing them and are in popular demand right now and are wats hot. and they not senior citizens they not even 40 yet. 2 chainz is 36 but he just a flavor of the month i bet in a year or two he will be another V.I.C, GIbbs, JKwon, Skee Lo. Ross is 36 but he still signing young talent to his label and he on everybodys track bc he getting it while the getting is good. also dont forget neither one of them some new niggas that just came out of no where they been with majors for years. Dont forget 2 chainz titty boi was in playa circle and DTP also Ross been around he was originally signed to Erik Sermon from EPMD first I bet alot people didnt know that, then he was with suave house and slip n slide then his own shit now.

Feb 8, 2003
SO OLDER CATS CAN STILL BE RELEVANT?

36 YEAR OLD MEN DONT EXACTLY RELATE WITH TEENAGERS

dont forget them two made it big and are in they primes now and being marketed and package to the teenagers on that mainstream level ross even has his own shoeline so ofcoarse teenagers gonna look up to them vs some underground never was or washed up old rapper who time has passed (on some shit like that movie The wrestler). atleast thats what i was talking about.

I wasnt taking no shots at tay or anyone else in paticular. i was speaking in general bc you gotta realize theres like over 2 million rappers they like vaccums theres one or more in every household.. if i was talking about any certain one i would say they name.

back to the O.G topic

Technology is what changed the rap game. anyone can make music all you need is software rather its cracked or purchased, a decent or top quality computer/laptop and midi keyboard(some dont even use them) drum pad and mic. so honestly theres no stopping hobby rappers its only gonna get worse.

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
BUT THATS MY POINT...IM SAYING THE RAP GAME ISNT JUST FOR KIDS...

ITS DOMINATED BY YOUNGER ARTISTS BUT WHO USUALLY WHO PUTS THESE YOUNGER GUYS ON?

AS THE GENRE GETS OLDER. I THINK THE BROADER THE GAME IS GONNA GET...

I PERSONALLY RATHER LISTEN TO ARTISTS WHO ARE MORE EXPERIENCED THAN SOME KNUCKLEHEAD YOUNGINS...

BUT THATS JUST ME