2 MANY RAPPERS, NOT ENOUGH FANS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
HOW WILL THE RAPGAME EVER BE PROFESSIONAL WHEN RAPPERS WHO HAVE NO LABELS OR DEALS CONTINUE 2 OVER-SATURATE THE MARKET. I USED 2 LOVE RAP MUSIC BUT I REALIZED THE OTHER NIGHT THAT WHEN A NEW ARTIST APPROACHES ME WITH MUSIC,I HAVE A HARD TIME ACCEPTING IT AND WOULD RATHER BUY THE MUSIC I LIKE THAN HEAR A BUNDLE OF FREE MUSIC WITH LOW QUALITY. MY ADVICE IS PEOPLE AT LEAST GET AN INVESTOR AND TRY 2 BE PROFESSIONAL. I THINK THE ISSUE IS GETTIN OUTTA HAND. (BUT OF COURSE THIS IS JUST 1 MANS OPINION)
HOW Y'ALL FEEL ABOUT IT??

Props: dracohimself

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
HOW WILL THE RAPGAME EVER BE PROFESSIONAL WHEN RAPPERS WHO HAVE NO LABELS OR DEALS CONTINUE 2 OVER-SATURATE THE MARKET. I USED 2 LOVE RAP MUSIC BUT I REALIZED THE OTHER NIGHT THAT WHEN A NEW ARTIST APPROACHES ME WITH MUSIC,I HAVE A HARD TIME ACCEPTING IT AND WOULD RATHER BUY THE MUSIC I LIKE THAN HEAR A BUNDLE OF FREE MUSIC WITH LOW QUALITY. MY ADVICE IS PEOPLE AT LEAST GET AN INVESTOR AND TRY 2 BE PROFESSIONAL. I THINK THE ISSUE IS GETTIN OUTTA HAND. (BUT OF COURSE THIS IS JUST 1 MANS OPINION)
HOW Y'ALL FEEL ABOUT IT??

In All Honesty Most Fans Are Rappers And Most Rappers Are Fans Its A 2 Way Street....I See What Your Saying About Oversaturate The Market With Shitty Quality...Its Hard To get A Investor These Days Or Atleast Get Backing Funds Behind A Project But It Can Be Done!!! Someone Is Searching For A Artist(s) As A Student Of The Game WE Must be legit in our work and create a network of people who go about music industry professionalism and buisness the correct way!!

Apr 25, 2002
Yea but alot of the guilty ones are rapperss who had deals who were doing verses for anyone who had $$$. Some peoples dreams became reality even though they weren't qualified so it's biting alot of established artists in they asses and they can't handle it

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
Not the music business entirely with everyone but it's all about building and creating a circle keeping out the snakes

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
Fan only here ...... It looks enticing though - Money , Drugs , Girls , worrying @ 10am to finally go to sleep because you & some friends have plans @ 10 pm for the CONCEPT of a new song . IDK I've never worked or done any music so I don't wanna sound like Im knocking the creative process but every fucking article I read rappers are saying " takes me like 5 min. to write a verse " or basically how easy & I see why a lot of people wanna get in . If I could go back in time I would be a city bus(Transit) driver & collect all that city overtime & benafits & play rap music all day . Just play it though , and drive the bus . Seriously .

I really want a rapper to do an interview telling how shitty their 9-5 is & trying to fit Job, Family , then maybe your music into the day. A hard work story is needed I think .

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
100% in agreement with you Tay

youtube and myspace music are to blame for the fact its in our faces all day long with the latter being less of an issue now, but an issue nonetheless

Dec 8, 2006
www.myspace.com
In All Honesty Most Fans Are Rappers And Most Rappers Are Fans Its A 2 Way Street....I See What Your Saying About Oversaturate The Market With Shitty Quality...Its Hard To get A Investor These Days Or Atleast Get Backing Funds Behind A Project But It Can Be Done!!! Someone Is Searching For A Artist(s) As A Student Of The Game WE Must be legit in our work and create a network of people who go about music industry professionalism and buisness the correct way!!
I AGREE ITS A 2 WAY STREET. AS A ARTIST WE ALL HEARD SOMEBODY OR SOME SONG OR SOME VERSE THAT MADE US WANT TO WRITE ARE 1ST VERSE. I HEAR NIGGAS TRYNA SPIT ALL THE TIME BUT I WOULDNT TELL NOBODY TO STOP RAPPIN CUZ THATS WHAT THEY WANNA DO & WHO AM I TO JUDGE'EM FOR WHAT THEY WANNA DO. IF ITS PHONEY TO ME ITS PHONEY AND IF ITS NOT GETTIN PLAYED THEN THAT SHOULD BE A SIGN RIGHT THERE FOR WHO EVER RAPPIN. BUT IF HELLA MAFUCKAS SLAPPIN IT I CANT DENY THE FACT OF THAT I JUST SLAP WHAT I LIKE. I FEEL WHAT CHU SAYIN THO SO MUCH FUGAZEE SHIT ON THA MARKET IT FUCK UP THA GAME FOR REAL NIGGAS. BUT BOTTOM LINE DOPE GONE SALE NO MATTER WHAT, EVERYBODY TASTE AINT THA SAME SO ITS BOUT FUCKIN WIT THA CLIENTELE THAT COP YO SHIT WHETHER ITS SONGS, CDS, SHOWS HOW EVER THEY WILLING TO PAY AND ABOUT THEM PROMOTING YO SHIT TO THA REST OF THA WORLD SO U CAN HAVE THEM FUCKIN WIT IT TOO.

THA GAME IS CHANGED. NIGGAS FROM THA UNDERGROUND IS DROPPIN FREE MIXTAPES AND CDS JUST TO GET THEY SONGS OUT THERE, GET SOME HOT SONGS HITTIN 100,000 HITS AND OVER ON YOUTUBE, GETTIN FEATURES FROM ESTABLISHED ARTIST CUZ THE SONG OR SONGS IS HOT NOW THEY GETTIN 20 RACKS A SHOW AND THATS WITH NO LABEL BACKING.
BASICALLY THE REST OF THE WORLD DONE CUAGHT OWN TO THE BAY HUSTLE AND USES IT IN THE MODERN DAY INDUSTRY TO GET IN AND GET PAID WITHOUT A LABEL.

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
There are plenty of talented artists still getting a good amount of money from music, probably more than ever before.

Yes, it is completely over-saturated but that's how every music genre is, and just about everything else in this world. How many different bullshit energy drinks have you seen at the store? How many generic ass brands of chips do you see? Over-saturation is common in all aspects of our society. A lot of people feel like they have the ability and/or right to make a product and try to push it.

The talented artists with the smarts to find their fanbase and best ways to get money will continue to do so and not worry about what the rest of the artists are doing.

Oh yeah, i never listen to the artists that are in parking lots pushing their music OR the artists that are on facebook/twitter spamming everyone. The quality is usually terrible and the lyrics are almost worse.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I kind of agree with dude who said the established artists should share part of the blame for oversaturating the game when they sell verses to weak rappers. I understand it's a business but you never see any other genre doing that. The rap game in general lost integrity with that imo. Cats too busy trying to live a ballin lifestyle and maintain multiple drug habits they forget all about making the best possible music they can.

THA GAME IS CHANGED. NIGGAS FROM THA UNDERGROUND IS DROPPIN FREE MIXTAPES AND CDS JUST TO GET THEY SONGS OUT THERE, GET SOME HOT SONGS HITTIN 100,000 HITS AND OVER ON YOUTUBE, GETTIN FEATURES FROM ESTABLISHED ARTIST CUZ THE SONG OR SONGS IS HOT NOW THEY GETTIN 20 RACKS A SHOW AND THATS WITH NO LABEL BACKING.
BASICALLY THE REST OF THE WORLD DONE CUAGHT OWN TO THE BAY HUSTLE AND USES IT IN THE MODERN DAY INDUSTRY TO GET IN AND GET PAID WITHOUT A LABEL.
This is a part of it too, The Bay has got lapped in their own lane. Most these cats like Nio Tha Gift & Locksmith should be getting a lot more exposure than they do because they don't know how to work the internet game. That's where it's at because honestly making it locally here is damn near a death sentence for your potential. You see so many cats be happy with the little bit of fame they get when they need to be thinking bigger, the world is larger than where you can take the BART to lol.

Only bay acts that know how to work the internet game is Antwon, Main Attrakionz & of course, The Basedgod.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
I really want a rapper to do an interview telling how shitty their 9-5 is & trying to fit Job, Family , then maybe your music into the day. A hard work story is needed I think .
Well, we aint gonna get that on music, because too many 'rappers' aka 'tap you on the shoulder @ the liquor store to slang some wack ass mixtape to you' do not respect a real 9 to 5 job.

why? I dunno, I'd only be speculating why, but I have my guesses.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
Yea but alot of the guilty ones are rapperss who had deals who were doing verses for anyone who had $$$. Some peoples dreams became reality even though they weren't qualified so it's biting alot of established artists in they asses and they can't handle it
I think you make an excellent point.

Take clint dogg for example, he was paying some well known artists for verses and as wack as he is, got them to rap. I mean, this dude is beyond wack, he is an embarrassment to my country.

They should never under any circumstance, be selling a verse to him.

He would make lamb look like pac.

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
todays society is brainwashed and extremely fagged out. dudes wearing womens pants and extra smedium t shirts that looks like a lil girls tank top.

when I'm in my car I only bump that mob shit from the 90's and the teenagers look at me funny because they don't know what it is and they listen to the new FAG RAP.

Sep 26, 2008
its too easy now a days to make a cd any bullshit rapper can buy a $100 recording softwear with their birthday money and make a shitty album in their parents basement where as in the 90's it was way more expensive to do music the bull shit rappers would of actually have to pay big money for studio time, beats, mixing, mastering and pressing up albums so that kept all the bullshit rappers from recording hundreds of bullshit songs and lame saturating the market