‘Transformers’ the worst-reviewed $400M hit?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 4, 2004
‘Transformers’ the worst-reviewed $400M hit?
Sequel sets new standard for gulf between what critics and audiences like

Critics hate “Revenge of the Fallen,” but the huge numbers the movie is bringing in just goes to show the widening gap between film connoisseurs and audiences.

LOS ANGELES - After just five days, “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen” is halfway to $400 million domestically, a box-office milestone only eight other movies have reached. If it climbs that high, the “Transformers” sequel will be by far the worst-reviewed movie ever to make the $400 million club.

Critics and mainstream crowds often disagree, but “Revenge of the Fallen” sets a new standard for the gulf between what reviewers and mass audiences like.

The movie pulled in $200.1 million since opening Wednesday, the second-best result for a movie in its first five days, just behind "The Dark Knight" with $203.8 million. Even after its whopping $60.6 million opening day, "Revenge of the Fallen" was packing theaters, a sign that unlike critics, who mostly hated the movie, audiences felt they were getting their money's worth and were giving the flick good word of mouth.

Critics “forget what the goal of the movie was. The goal of the movie is to entertain and have fun,” said Rob Moore, vice chairman of Paramount, which is distributing “Transformers” for DreamWorks. “What the audience tells us is, ‘We couldn’t be more entertained and having more fun.’ They kind of roll their eyes at the critics and say, ‘You have no idea what you’re talking about.’ ”

According to Paramount’s exit polls, 91 percent of the audience thought the sequel was as good as or better than the first “Transformers,” which received far better reviews.

Full Story: Click Here

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
lol @ my son's favorite part of the movie was "when the evil girl had the tail come out of under her 'shirt' and her long tongue came out"

That was daddy's favorite part too :cool:

Sep 17, 2007
the movie was dope as fuck. i liked the humor in it. gave the robots alot more personality. but i just seemed to long. they could of cut hella shit out the movie.

Nov 15, 2007
the movie was the shit, all the action is what i wanted... this movie is still classified as a action isnt it???

i dont know why everyone is complaining and hating on this movie, the twins were funny as fuck... if you take offense your ignorant yourself... it entertained me and thats what it was supposed to do...

cant wait for T3... starscream and mega will be back

Sep 29, 2003
i didnt think the movie was way too long, it was a good length, but they shouldn't have dragged out that god-awful plot for so long. in some parts of the movie there was too much dialogue. I paid to see this movie for the fucking robots fighting and got tons and tons of that, in fact, at some points in was almost too much....Good movie though if you accept it for what it is, a cgi robotfest. All in all, it's difficult to judge after only one viewing, but I would hafta say the first was a much better film and more complete, I think......Going back to thread topic, I never give a fuck what critics say anyways. They always say terrible things about great movies, and great things about movies that are terrible..

Feb 12, 2004
The fight in the forest was one of the sickest things i've ever seen in a movie. I guess most of the people that don't like it were 90s babies or some shit. I remember growing up WISHING they would make my favorite childhood cartoon a movie and now that I get to see Optimus in dope ass cgi on the big screen I love it.

Feb 14, 2004
fuck the critics. i grew up on the transformers. i saw both movies. i liked both movies. it can't get any better. i don't know wtf the critics were expecting out of the movies. but i got what i expected. them movies is dope and i want to go see pt. 2 in the theaters before they dont show them no more. again, FUCK THE CRITICS, BITCH ASS MOTHAFUCKAS!