Shameless

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
Feb 3, 2006
I watched this last night. The dad had me rolling dude is a fucking drunk for real. The funny think about the show is that i know families that have to same drama that's on the show.. We will see how the season goes on.

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com
I didnt want to like it, due to major over hype. Just got through with it, solid show & like Bigface I think we all knew or know a family like that making the best out of the worst in life. Will see where ep 2 takes us.

And i just now realized that this is a Brit ripoff, something that i had no clue about prior to watching the show. Anyhow, here is the info on it.
Im know its a total coincidence but the next show in the block, "Episodes" is about a british show that gets remade by the states. Its a lil dry.

May 9, 2002
While i liked it overall, i still had some minor issues with it.

-it seemed like Lip was just to "hipster" for his seemingly poverty stricken upbringing. Maybe they did this to appeal more to the mainstream?

-How can there be a poor, white family...with no wigger? I call shenanigans.

-How in the fuck can they not afford a new washing machine...and have a big ass flat screen in the living room?

-Would Lip really be that cool with his 16 year old brother being gay?

-The guy playing Steve is a shitty actor.

-I thought the writing lacked at times, and I felt the overall feel of the show kinda weaved in and out of being "real" in terms of how "ghetto" they were.

-They should have spent a little more time on the two younger kids. The 9-year old boy seemed ghetto as fuck.

-Not an issue, but William H Macy makes for a great drunk.

It was just the pilot, so I will continue to watch.

May 9, 2002
Sadly enough I've seen stuff similar to this in real life quite a few times. Can't afford to fix your toilet but yet you just bought a X-box 360. Makes complete sense.
Even the cheapest flat screens at 40" (which is AT LEAST the size of that) cost much more than an XBox.

Plus, that Ian had an iPod...yet they couldn't raise enough money to pay the electric bill ($18 short)?

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I know this. I'm just saying it's not unusual for people who have things most people would get fixed to spend money on things they don't need.

Also one of them stole a bike at the start or the show. Who is to say that the iPod atleast isn't stolen as well?

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
I thought the show was cool. I haven't seen episode 2 yet. It's a reach on most fronts but not to say some version of this story isn't real.

The washing machine worked, did it not? Why is it such a stretch that there's a flat panel tv in the home with a front loading washer in the house that still works but wobbles like crazy? The family is only marginally responsible. Why is the girl going out and buying a dress (even though she intends to return it) when they're short on money for bills? Why is the gay kid buying that dude kash baseball tickets when his family was probably broke and how did no one notice he had new stuff like new shoes when they were almost surely broke? A lot of things didn't add up, it's a fake story.

I'm surprised more wasn't said about the American version of the office being a ripoff of the british version, especially when the british version was funnier. They acknowledged it though and I guess that's all that matters

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
^go on imdb & you'd see a shitload of threads about the uk office

this pilot was pretty good. they need to roll the dad over on his stomach so he doesnt asphyxiate on his own vomit. waiting for a copy of episode 2