The Siccness Network

Go Back   The Siccness Network > >

Harder Times This is where you can post anything not related to car audio and video.

User Tag List

Old Today, 04:29 PM   #429581
ALL BOUT CHICKEN
R.I.P. SoCo & Cut-Throat

Propped 60,392 Times in 24,702 Posts
Send a message via AIM to ALL BOUT CHICKEN
Took a huge dab of Cherry Pie. That got me back to being Jose Mixerr once again.

LMTWLTE (NSFW)/Freedom Town/Fubueros/Infant Snake Gang or nothin!
ALL BOUT CHICKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To ALL BOUT CHICKEN:
Old Today, 04:41 PM   #429582
BUTCHER 206
M.A.G.A.

Propped 16,986 Times in 10,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReSpawn View Post
500 is more than enough

You can't use a stock battery, you need a high performance battery.

I ran two amps, two 15s, four splits, two 6x9s off one battery and as far as I know, I have never heard of a two battery set up, unless maybe for competition when your car is off and stationary.
Please, tell me more about batteries; I had no idea

I mean I just had one of these for no reason.

Amazon.com: Optima Batteries 8014-045 D34/78 YellowTop Dual Purpose Battery: Automotive

I guess having it consistently drain to under 12volts on a regular basis (monitored from cigarette lighter digital voltmeter) was just unique to my system? Then having alternators fry because of the strain and heat was just I dunno, magnets or magic or something

lol

Alright, I think you answered my question. Essentially the system wasn't being fully powered, wasn't being pushed hard for long periods, and the alternator was under continual strain from consistently trying to charge the battery while running the components, and it was never pushed hard enough to fry the alternators. So basically the problem was never discovered and even if it was readily apparent it wasn't perceived or ignored somehow, someway without mechanical or electrical failure of some sort just by sheer luck

Multi-batteries come into play if the amperage isn't there, as a fail-safe. capacitors are junk and will supply little bursts of power and are essentially useless; they might prevent your lights from dimming a little bit now and then but thats it. A second battery will buy you more time before the system fails at some point. More batteries and you're kind of getting extreme and should just supply more amperage (higher output alternator)
BUTCHER 206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:43 PM   #429583
BUTCHER 206
M.A.G.A.

I want to add I'm not endorsing optima batteries; they're trash. You have to do stupid shit like flip them upside down every now and then. At least my sister was working at autozone I had to warranty three of them then eventually got a full refund after like a year of wasting them lol
Old Today, 04:48 PM   #429584
BUTCHER 206
M.A.G.A.

I was selling weed and driving A LOT; also living between federal way / seattle / gold bar; so several hours of driving around all over the place. And I never really cared about where I would try to beat. I only had a couple 8's in this custom plexi'd truck enclosure i kept under the backseat in this tight space but that shit was very clean, impactful, clear and nice. People would be like "damn these are 8's? wtf? these hit harder than my two 12's" and just didn't understand it

Damn car audio rules someone give me $100k
Old Today, 04:49 PM   #429585
ReSpawn
Sicc OG

Propped 1,705 Times in 1,139 Posts
Do I look like an electrical engineer?
ReSpawn is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To ReSpawn:
Old Today, 04:50 PM   #429586
ReSpawn
Sicc OG

Propped 1,705 Times in 1,139 Posts
they might prevent your lights from dimming

which is important when driving in the night.
ReSpawn is online now   Reply With Quote