Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 21, 2016
500W RMS at any impedance 1.5-4.0 ohm. This isn't going into a home theater set up though. I wouldn't even know how to wire it all up, there'd have to probably be a marine battery involved somewhere and i'd rather just buy a receiver lol

But what do I know; I'm retarded. It's not like I wired up my own car audio set up several years ago and ran 1/0 wiring from battery positive to the alternator, battery ground to frame, engine block to frame, installed a 280amp custom alternator by myself in an attempt to set up a 2000W RMS system with 2 /18"s (gave up decided to move on from that car, waste of money, plus there was some kind of electrical fault with the CPU), or have been interested in this kind of stuff for years or anything
500 is more than enough

Interesting. What kind of power was actually getting to the subs (was the alternator stock or custom? and if custom was there more than one?)? Was it a multi-battery set-up? How long could it be maintained? Did he ever get a dB reading?

Were there.... capacitors involved? /shudders

Was it a daily driver? and if so what kind of problems arose (electrical, and physical too like paneling and trim problems, and even unexpected problems under the hood)
You can't use a stock battery, you need a high performance battery.

I ran two amps, two 15s, four splits, two 6x9s off one battery and as far as I know, I have never heard of a two battery set up, unless maybe for competition when your car is off and stationary.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
500 is more than enough

You can't use a stock battery, you need a high performance battery.

I ran two amps, two 15s, four splits, two 6x9s off one battery and as far as I know, I have never heard of a two battery set up, unless maybe for competition when your car is off and stationary.
Please, tell me more about batteries; I had no idea

I mean I just had one of these for no reason.

Amazon.com: Optima Batteries 8014-045 D34/78 YellowTop Dual Purpose Battery: Automotive

I guess having it consistently drain to under 12volts on a regular basis (monitored from cigarette lighter digital voltmeter) was just unique to my system? Then having alternators fry because of the strain and heat was just I dunno, magnets or magic or something

lol

Alright, I think you answered my question. Essentially the system wasn't being fully powered, wasn't being pushed hard for long periods, and the alternator was under continual strain from consistently trying to charge the battery while running the components, and it was never pushed hard enough to fry the alternators. So basically the problem was never discovered and even if it was readily apparent it wasn't perceived or ignored somehow, someway without mechanical or electrical failure of some sort just by sheer luck

Multi-batteries come into play if the amperage isn't there, as a fail-safe. capacitors are junk and will supply little bursts of power and are essentially useless; they might prevent your lights from dimming a little bit now and then but thats it. A second battery will buy you more time before the system fails at some point. More batteries and you're kind of getting extreme and should just supply more amperage (higher output alternator)

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
I want to add I'm not endorsing optima batteries; they're trash. You have to do stupid shit like flip them upside down every now and then. At least my sister was working at autozone I had to warranty three of them then eventually got a full refund after like a year of wasting them lol

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
I was selling weed and driving A LOT; also living between federal way / seattle / gold bar; so several hours of driving around all over the place. And I never really cared about where I would try to beat. I only had a couple 8's in this custom plexi'd truck enclosure i kept under the backseat in this tight space but that shit was very clean, impactful, clear and nice. People would be like "damn these are 8's? wtf? these hit harder than my two 12's" and just didn't understand it

Damn car audio rules someone give me $100k

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Do I look like an electrical engineer?
That system sounds pretty sicc though; props. I don't want to negate that at all. I just wish you would've put obscene levels of power to it with a high output alternator install and charging system upgrade and unleashed hell upon the unsuspecting Australian populace; became something of a myth and legend among those who witnessed it

"Man remember when we were waiting for the bus and that asshole set off like 400 car alarms at these car dealerships and all those cops showed up with their lights flashing looking for them? That was awesome"

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
they might prevent your lights from dimming

which is important when driving in the night.
Yes. Because when your electrical system is under that type of heavy strain, and you have say a 130 amp alternator and 110 amps are just going towards having the car on and powering all the power steering and all that stuff, then you introduce something pulling say, 60-80 amps, somethings got to give. Your headlights will usually dull in tune with the bass. You'll take a turn but the steering will be stiff as fuck. Your brakes will suddenly be extremely stiff temporarily. Then something fails. A capacitor will hold a temporary charge that gets discharged when this is occurring. That translates to maybe seconds, then it's discharged.

You don't want to go into it so ill shut up lol

Jun 21, 2016
I was into all this stuff way before youtube was around, or even internet lol

That system sounds pretty sicc though; props. I don't want to negate that at all. I just wish you would've put obscene levels of power to it with a high output alternator install and charging system upgrade and unleashed hell upon the unsuspecting Australian populace; became something of a myth and legend among those who witnessed it

"Man remember when we were waiting for the bus and that asshole set off like 400 car alarms at these car dealerships and all those cops showed up with their lights flashing looking for them? That was awesome"
the system I had was good, but at the end of the day, I only had 2x 15s so the bass wasn't mind blowing, but my cousin with 2x 20s the bass was crazy, boyz in the hood and a lot of Eazy went hard lol

In Australia, we have a yearly car show called Summernats, it just passed. Some of the set ups in there are out of this world at the Soundoff comp.

skip to 0:28