Dr. Dre Talks “Compton” (Cover Art + Tracklist) & Why He Never Released “Detox”

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
N0 QUIK CHECK
NO CMW CHECK
NO REN CHECK
NO KING TEE CHECK
NO TWEETY OR SIN CHECK
NO DRESTA OR KNOCC CHECK
NO DADDY V CHECK
NO YG CHECK
NO CPO BOSS HOGG CHECK
CUZ COULD HAVE ENDED HIS RUN ON THE HARDCORE NOTE
I can't help but to laugh at this cause you have some valid points. That would've blew this outta the water if all these artists were on it.

Dec 19, 2008
North Sac
I feel robbed, yet relieved at the same time. Robbed because since i was in 7th and 8th grade, Detox was supposed to be the dopest dope i would ever smoke. Then he just focused on all these other artists. Game, 50 cent, Eminem. Im almost 29 now. Wtf? But im relieved cuz this fucking guy is finally dropping some material. I give it a listen when it comes out, as well as see the movie, just because that was an era that i remember the tail end of. I say "Right On Dr. Dre"...its about time.

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
I was about to say about Rog's list.. it's not 1995 (20 years later) and no one would know who 2/3, or any of those rappers are anymore....but it would've been cool for it to be a 2-disc soundtrack....one with original Compton or gangsta rappers on it with the vintage sound, and then this one as a current day disc.

But whatever, I'm not complaining, its an album I'm getting that I didn't expect

Apr 25, 2002
WTF!!!

I was about to say about Rog's list.. it's not 1995 (20 years later) and no one would know who 2/3, or any of those rappers are anymore....but it would've been cool for it to be a 2-disc soundtrack....one with original Compton or gangsta rappers on it with the vintage sound, and then this one as a current day disc.

But whatever, I'm not complaining, its an album I'm getting that I didn't expect
"No one would know who 2/3, or any of those rappers are anymore?"

Yall be on here saying some very disrespectful ish. ALL of those rappers he named have a solid catalog that PLENTY of people know who they are. WTF? Do you say that about MARVIN GAYE, SAM COOKE, GLADYS KNIGHT, MADONNA, HALL & OATES, ROLLING STONES or just rappers???

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
"No one would know who 2/3, or any of those rappers are anymore?"

Yall be on here saying some very disrespectful ish. ALL of those rappers he named have a solid catalog that PLENTY of people know who they are. WTF? Do you say that about MARVIN GAYE, SAM COOKE, GLADYS KNIGHT, MADONNA, HALL & OATES, ROLLING STONES or just rappers???
Okay you're right, the 13 year old kids who buy albums these days and know about Dr. Dre because of Beats headphones really know who CPO Boss Hogg, CMW, Daddy V, and King Tee are. The singers you named are legends that have sold millions, billions, and aren't just discussed on a message board of people this size.

Not disrespect just reality. I grew up on that era but it has it's time and place and I'm not looking to re-live it by hearing them rap about the same stuff in their middle aged state, that I heard them rap about 20 years ago.