Most successful bay area artist (Currently Active)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 22, 2003
Most successful bay area artists (Currently Active)

Curious what people think. I am talking about revenue gained from Music and music realated projects.

I am thinking Andre Nickatina is up there. The man tours relentlessly. I see him having shows up and down the coast for 45.00 dollar tickets. I think that dude is getting paid.

Who else?

Producers too.

May 8, 2011
I know Nickatina has his own distribution so he definitely eating. Plus have yall been to a nickatina show in another state? Always sold the fuck out. Stretch got all his artists eatin too from what I can tell. Alot of rappers that you think might have dough dont even got gas money bruh bruh.

Jul 22, 2003
I know Nickatina has his own distribution so he definitely eating. Plus have yall been to a nickatina show in another state? Always sold the fuck out. Stretch got all his artists eatin too from what I can tell. Alot of rappers that you think might have dough dont even got gas money bruh bruh.

Thats kind of my point of asking. I am trying to see who is actualling making a living off of music. Seems like its few and far between in the Bay.

Sep 26, 2008
Its gotta be MC Hammer for sure!!! The nigga lost like 33 million. I doubt Short or E-40 even have made that much.. Hammer put out that Jay z diss and I remember he had a show in berkeley not to long ago so hes still active

May 8, 2011
Its gotta be MC Hammer for sure!!! The nigga lost like 33 million. I doubt Short or E-40 even have made that much.. Hammer put out that Jay z diss and I remember he had a show in berkeley not to long ago so hes still active
Hammer had it a longtime ago and blew it. That is more of a fail than a success.

Jan 18, 2007
Hammer had it a longtime ago and blew it. That is more of a fail than a success.
Anyone who's had 33 million dollars should never be considered a failure.....And I'm sure there are plenty of rappers in The Bay making a living off of their music but not many making a killing off their music which should be the goal.....

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
i dunno about producers. Hella producers give their shit away for free. Who can blame them though, all the other dudes are doing the same thing and bringing the value of the product down for the rest of people.