Lack of Respect for Underground Rap!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gabe505

B!TCH PLEA$E
Apr 24, 2002
siccness.net
I've been around for a minute and noticed a decline of support for the local Underground Rap Scene. I think that's the #1 reason this board has slowed down to a crawl.

Take a look at the New York Rap scene (East Coast), those guys support their local artists and keep things fresh. We're too busy talking shit and arguing with each other.

Who Cares Now? Once apon a time Bay Area Rap was KNOWN for having THE MOST local support of ANY ganre.. EVEN more than the Seattle grunge rock scene of the 90's..

Sorry had to vent... Drinking! :siccness: :siccness: :siccness: :siccness: :siccness:

mq66

Sicc OG
Jul 23, 2007
No, just trying to submit some meaningful content. Was your intent to discuss how much BART sucks lately? I thought that posting some up and coming artist might trigger discussion.

Apr 11, 2008
WWW.PLEASEATSOMESHIT.COM
Man the music scene is thriving, but cats ain't network g like they used to....I ain't seen too many cats fromy different click linking up through Siccness...in its prine, siccness/BART was a one stop shop for networking

Remember back when you could purchase a verse from Lynch through the siccshop? Or Holla at a number of Bay artist with a single post?... To me, that type of networking was really dope because you could really reach out and get an actual reply from Black C or Lynch regarding features.

I miss seeing unexpected collaborations happening through the sicc..everyone was doing compilations and trading features, the hunger for the money that came from music was painful, but we all spent those long nights in the studio really dedicating time to a craft...

A lot of us are older now...and we even got the next generation of kids of Bay Area OG''s now taking thir swing at it...and it's great to see the progression and transformation over the last decade.

This is still the last known sanctuary for gangsta rap in the bay...for 15 years now and still going strong...this site will never die nor will it's true followers, contributors, lurkers, trolls and mods that make this site what it is...THE MUTHAFUCKIN SICCNESS!

Ain't nothing but love from me for this site....and all the misfits that keep this shit alive and crackin...

Letsome get that siccWeb network crackin off...let's stop the beefs and turn then into opportunities to reach new audiences...lets get back to really givin constructive criticism on cats music they post....bring back the battle raps...

AND CONFIRM ALL THESE FUCKIN MORONS TO THAT DARK HOLE CALLED HARDER TIMES....MAKE IT SO THAT'S THE ONLY PLACE THEY CAN POST THE DUMB SHIT

F

Fromthebaytotheaz

I'm NOT Jesus, Sorry if I came off as a false Messiah. You need to calm down bro, nobody is getting worked up but your self...

i thought he was showing support to an underground rap group, the subject of the post. why you gotta raise your text voice and put an exclamation point bruh yeah calm down and show love to one of the few thats gonna comment on this thread.

Jan 11, 2015
Been a member for over 10 years. Locked out of old account. The trolls trolled all the artist who used to post content outta here. If you a artist, why post on here if u gotta talk shit to a bunch of nobody's just so u don't look like a punk ya selfish. I only come here to see who is trying to punk who. Can we bring back the playa-ism, if u talking bad on the next maan. Obviously u any got nothing on hand. We need music and video fuck emotions!

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
Because underground rap sucks now. There is no underground, social media made every single person accessible and there's no way to distinguish who is a real artist and who is just an attention whore. Northern California specifically doesn't have a musical identity anymore, just following trends a few steps too late. For the few who don't fall into those pitfalls.. 90% of them are just unrelatable, no wants to kick it with habitual liars let alone support there drug habit and fake persona. Purchasing recordings are a thing of the past and since our favorite rappers don't know how to tour and do shows right (150 people capacity bars rapping over the album version of the song is NOT right) they can't survive and get biter... Also I'm 31 now and the slang/ over all style of the 24 and under crowd is so retarded to me... People my age and older trying to act like them is even worse...
Who is left for me to respect and or support?