Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
49ERS REPORT CARD
Who helped themselves

RB Frank Gore: Amassed 81 total yards (49 rushing, 32 receiving) in the first half, and frequently ran over would-be tacklers. He later told Coach Mike Nolan that it should have been better. ``I'm not there yet,'' Gore said. ``But the more I play, the better I get.''

TE Delanie Walker: After all the training-camp talk about the other tight ends -- Eric Johnson and Vernon Davis -- Walker had the biggest night, with five catches for 54 yards and a terrific stiff-arm to conclude one big gain. ``Those are the things he does in practice,'' Nolan said.

CB Marcus Hudson: With the Bears threatening to come back, Hudson silenced a drive by breaking up a fourth-and-three pass late in the third quarter. The converted safety never let receiver Reggie Harrell get an inch of space and knocked away the pass from Kyle Orton.

Who hurt themselves

S Keith Lewis: Ran into Bears punter Joel Stelly (although the penalty was declined) on one series, but that was trivial compared with missing the tackle on Gabe Reid, who slipped free for a 12-yard touchdown on a third-and-two play in the first half.

CB Mike Rumph: Beaten several times, most notably on a 41-yard touchdown catch by Rashied Davis.

RT Kwame Harris: Didn't last very long without incident -- committed his first holding penalty with about two minutes to play in the first quarter.

^ fuck that Keith Lewis does enough on Special Teams, if he got cut, id be pissed off.........

Apr 25, 2002
Gore can be a 1,000+ yard back if he starts and the line gives him some holes.

Jordan should easily go over 1,000 yards if he stays healthy through most of the season. I have no doubt the Offensive line will improve within time...Shell wont let them play like they did the first couple of series in pre-season..it'll take some time for the players to gel and get comfortable with the new system.

Jan 12, 2006
LEE-ZILLA 69 said:
JORDAN AINT GONNA DO SHIT DOESNT HAVE THE LINE OR THE TALENT

GORE IS GONNA GET OVER 1000 YARDS BUT IF HE DOESNT IT WILL BE BECAUSE HICKS AND ROBISON ARE TEARIN IT UP AS WELL, ANTONIO BRYANT WILL GET OVER 1000 YARDS VERNON DAVIS GONNA HAVE LIKE 900 YARDS AND 10 TDS MANNY LAWSON GONNA GET 11 SACKS DERRICK SMITH GONNA HAVE LIKE 150 TACKLES AND SPENCER WILL GET 6 TO 7 PICKS AND PARRISH WILL GET LIKE 10
damn like that! shit got me lookin forward to the season!

Jun 1, 2002
Chree said:
ur trippin, ur thinking Jordan lol........

ACTUALLY CHREE.. LAMONT JORDAN HAD OVER 1,000 YARDS RUSHING LAST SEASON WITH A SHITTY LINE AND ROBERT GALLERY IN THE WRONG POSITION.

SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT THE RAIDERS CHANCES THIS SEASON.. LAMONT JORDAN STILL SHITS ON ANYTHING IN THE NINERS BACKFIELD.

Jan 12, 2006
Solitary 1 said:
ACTUALLY CHREE.. LAMONT JORDAN HAD OVER 1,000 YARDS RUSHING LAST SEASON WITH A SHITTY LINE AND ROBERT GALLERY IN THE WRONG POSITION.

SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT THE RAIDERS CHANCES THIS SEASON.. LAMONT JORDAN STILL SHITS ON ANYTHING IN THE NINERS BACKFIELD.
fuck lamont! fool aint shit! gore will be better than him soon

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I'll admit... the Niners did look much better than they did last year! Alex Smith actually looks like an NFL quarterback. Bryant looks good too. Offensive line looks like they've improved.

But I told some of you that Rumph needs to stay at safety. The man can't cover!

Jun 1, 2002
LEE-ZILLA 69 said:
SO URE SAYING A PIECE OF TRASH IS BETTER THEN ANYTHING THE RAIDERS GOT IN THE BACKFIELD?

LEE.. I'M A TELL YOU THIS ONE TIME ONLY AND THEN I'LL LET THE SEASON SPEAK FOR ME..

LAMONT JORDAN SHITS ON FRANK GORE.

Feb 7, 2006
Cornerback Mike Rumph is no longer with the 49ers.
The 49ers on Monday announced a trade that sends Rumph to the Redskins for wide receiver Taylor Jacobs, a second-round draft pick in 2003. Jacobs caught 11 passes for 100 yards and no TDs last season for the Redskins in 15 games.

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
Sunday's Practice Notes, 8/13

After a day off following Friday night’s win, the 49ers got back to work on Sunday with two practices.
The morning practice was open to the public and was a spirited affair with
head coach Mike Nolan getting things started with the Oklahoma Drill.

"I like to kick it up real fast. During the season, it’s a slower day. Right now, it does get things a little kick started,” said Nolan. “They do drag a little after a game. There’s that lethargic kind of feeling.”

Tight end Vernon Davis, guard David Bass, and newcomer linebacker Bobby shined in the drill, with linebacker Manny Lawson also shedding his block and recovering a fumble.

“I thought Vernon did a great job of blocking in the game,” said Nolan. “He’s extremely competitive. In the front that Chicago runs, he’s got a 280 to 300 pound guy on him every down, and he held his own. I was pleased with that. I thought Manny Lawson did a nice job. I think he did have a tackle for a loss. But, even if he didn’t, I thought he played well. He was aggressive.”

Davis had a superb day of practice, hauling in a pass along the sidelines during team drills in the morning before catching multiple passes in the afternoon, including a touchdown catch at the back of the end zone during the red zone drill.

Wide receivers Jason McAddley and Brandon Williams also caught a couple of deep balls during the morning session. Cornerback Walt Harris also earned applause by breaking up a pass over the middle of the field.

With RB Kevan Barlow missing practice with a thigh contusion and Mo Hicks suffering an abdominal strain in the morning, Frank Gore and Michael Robinson took most of the reps and rolled off several long runs.

In the afternoon practice, safety Mike Adams intercepted a pass off the hands of Antonio Bryant while linebacker Brandon Moore notched a pick at the line of scrimmage when a fellow defender batted down the pass.

RB Kevan Barlow (thigh contusion), WR Arnaz Battle (chest contusion), CB Derrick Johnson (toe), PK Joe Nedney (ankle), LB TJ Slaughter (concussion) and LB Renauld Williams (ankle) suffered injuries in the game against the Bears and did not practice today. According to Nolan, Barlow may return to practice as early as tomorrow. Nedney rolled his ankle in the game but was still able to kick. He will rest his ankle for the next few days. Williams may miss 4-5 weeks with his injury. Johnson and Battle may miss a few days with their injuries.

G Ben Sobieski (stinger), CB B.J. Tucker (ankle) and C Jeremy Newberry (knee) did not play in the game. Sobieski’s neck stinger is more severe than originally indicated and may cause him to miss more time. Nolan said yesterday that Newberry is expected to undergo surgery on his left knee on Tuesday and will be placed on injured reserve for the season. Tucker returned to the practice field today on a limited basis.
DE Jerry DeLoach suffered a MCL sprain in his knee during practice last Thursday but may return to practice this week.
RB Maurice Hicks suffered a abdomen strain during practice this morning and did not work in the afternoon.

Jan 12, 2006
Solitary 1 said:
YEAH RIGHT LEE THAT GUY IS FRAGILE LIKE GLASS.. THE NINERS ARE GARBAGE HOMIE..FACE IT!

LOL
im gonna stop reading your comments. the reason being that all your comments are staright garbage just nothin but hating on the NINERS! its all good though its expected from a Chokeland Gayder fan!