WWE Night of Champions 2009 Results (new champs!)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2004
Dark Match: Crime Tyme defeat the Hart Dynasty

Chris Jericho with mystery partner Big Show defeat Legacy to retain Unified Tag Team Championships

CM Punk begins to be interviewed by Josh Mattews, takes the mic and goes out into the crowd and cuts a promo as to why the fans should not be behind Jeff Hardy.

Kofi Kingston defeats MVP, Miz, Jack Swagger, Carlito, and Primo to retain WWE Intercontinental title

Michelle McCool defeats Melina to retain WWE Womens Championship

Christian defeats Tommy Dreamer to become new ECW Champion

Randy Orton defeats Triple H and John Cena to retain WWE Championship

Triple H gets him in a Boston Crab and Cena applies the STF, Orton taps but the ref doesn't know who to credit so he doesn't ring the bell. Legacy comes in to interfere and Orton eventually hits the pin on Cena

Mickie James defeats Maryse to win the WWE Divas Championship

Rey Mysterio defeats Dolph Zigger to retain WWE Intercontinental championship

Jeff Hardy defeats CM Punk in a clean finish to become new World Heavyweight Champion

Dec 4, 2004
Yeah that was pretty much the only highlight to that match. Glad they put it in the middle of the card and I hope once and for all this fuckin Orton vs. Cena or HHH feud is done for, but I doubt it.

I liked the Punk vs. Hardy match the most, the only one I was lookin forward to. Alot of false finishes and back and forths....I was surprised to see Hardy win, although I got a feeling he will lose the belt as soon as the next Smackdown.

Oct 3, 2006
yeah cause it surprised me too i thought he didnt sign a new contract with the wwe...guess vince knew that everyone would most likley think that punk would win and just wanted to throw everyone off

Dec 4, 2004
Tons of news and notes from Night of Champions
Posted by Chris Kaufman on 07/27/2009 at 01:05 AM

- Katie sent the following: After WWE Night of Champions went off the air, Jeff Hardy celebrated his big win in the ring. CM Punk came back in the ring and stuck his hand out for Jeff. Jeff walked out as the crowd chanted "just say no" but he came back in and shook Punk's hand briefly. Hardy walked around and greeted fans and put a fan in the ring with him that was pointed out by Lilian Garcia.

- JTG was the only WWE worker on my Twitter list that was Tweeting during tonight's pay-per-view. Apparently WWE officials are really cracking down on cell phone usage backstage during shows, so maybe it wasn't the best idea from JTG.

- Speaking of Twitter, Jeff Hardy became a Trending Topic after the show. To my knowledge, this was the first time a WWE-related topic was at the top on Twitter.

- Kenny Williams sent this in: I ordered the Night of Champions PPV and for two hours, my screen was black. I called my cable company and was told that the entire greater Cincinnati area, mostly with Time Warner Cable service, would not be able to see the event even though people had already ordered it.

- WWE.com was having issues during the PPV broadcast, and several people reported that they could not watch the opening match of the PPV. The show came back on during CM Punk's promo, and worked the rest of the night.

- In the Night of Champions dark match, Cryme Tyme defeated The Hart Dynasty after Shad nailed reverse stroke on Tyson Kidd.

- There was a sellout crowd of 17,774 at Night Of Champions in Philadelphia, PA.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
at this point jeff hardy has won the world championship 3 times in the last 6 months or so

I thought for sure CM Punk was gonna retain and continue working his preechy straight edge heel angle

only surprise of the night and the only title that mattered that changed hands

Jun 9, 2007
Hardy will most likely lose it at Summerslam and take his hiatus after that, I doubt they would have him lose it before then.

Somebody needs to shake things up on the Raw side... this Orton / Legacy interference shit is really old, and somebody new needs to come in and challenge (win) at Summerslam.

Premo

Face Scrunched Lookn Rude
Aug 1, 2004
NASWIPP. A subdivision of IKSRTFO
soon legacy is gonna self destruct they are planting the seeds for it right now .

looks like they settin up edge to come back face vs jericho .

wasnt it odd how legacy was against show and jericho , who was the crowd supposed to even be cheering for during that ? i think i heard y2j chants from the crowd but im not sure .

Nov 15, 2007
im digging the cm punk jeff hardy fued, i like cm punk as the champion better myself... and what the fuck wwe has too many fucking titles... 2 intercontinental titles and 2 women titles??? i mean come on, shit is fucking dumb... wwe is falling off real quick, im sick of seeing the same old wrestlers, and the whole orton, cena, triple h thing is horrible... i hate all 3

Jul 22, 2008
www.youtube.com
im digging the cm punk jeff hardy fued, i like cm punk as the champion better myself... and what the fuck wwe has too many fucking titles... 2 intercontinental titles and 2 women titles??? i mean come on, shit is fucking dumb... wwe is falling off real quick, im sick of seeing the same old wrestlers, and the whole orton, cena, triple h thing is horrible... i hate all 3
Agreed, I can't believe they shut off the Cruiserweight division for another women's title. Isn' the women's division the least watched portion of all of WWE's wrestling programs ? Sometimes it depends on just what they're wearing.

They need to unify the tag titles and replace the two pair of belts, with one pair just in a better design, instead of having them carry around 4 belts.

Jeff Hardy should continue the fued with Punk, but Punk should be able to put up more of a challengend then the typical bad guy

Premo

Aug 1, 2004
I see WWE is about to ruin CM Punk, they need to give him the upperhand in matches and stop making him job when we know he has the skills to win
i think they were just giving the people what they want by letting hardy win , plus hes leaving soon . punk will win it back at summerslam they dont have enough top talent right now to be ruining the ones they do got

Premo

Aug 1, 2004
well u gotta have world and IC belts forboth raw and sd .

hhh cena orton are cool just not feuding together they arent

Premo

Aug 1, 2004
michael cole is such a fucking tool

"there are 18,000 wwe fans in this sold out arena behind cena" really cole ? some of us are randy orton fans u stupid prick . and he is always saying this dumbass "in the history of" line .. its like stfu cole . nothing going on in the ppv tonight is the greatest in the history of anything .. fuckin prick . nigga said it hella times too .

Jan 18, 2006
God i cant stand Jeff Hardy, hopefully he does leave for good. Punk is a lot better as heel, im sure he will get back the belt. I use to like Orton but dont really like him now, its so gay how he has to rely on tweedle d and tweedle dumb. Fuck Jericho, why Edge have to get injured. Jericho having the Big slow as his partner is pathetic. Thats the best partner they could find him?