What the fuck is up with American Me?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 24, 2004
I got question. What is up with people haveing so much hate toward the movie American Me. I personly like to watch that Movie and I don't think it is a just for scrap exclusive.

Feb 9, 2003
This movie is hated because too many people are idiots. No one became a scrap because of this movie. If you start to bang then you bang because you want to. Why do you think lots of Northern Cities have Surenos? It's not because they're misguided for claiming a northern city it's because those people chose not to split and those that did accepted a life were the enemy is a lot more numerous.

Feb 9, 2003
Regardless, Mafias aren't street gangs. American Me wasn't a Sureno movie. American Me dealt with La EME not a particular Sureno Gang. You don't wear blue and tattoo a 13 and instantly become a member there's a process i doubt most of the people on here went through (and i'm not talking about being jumped in or other shit like that). No one here should speak on La Eme or the NF if you aint in it because we're ALL don't knows when it comes to the subject so im letting it drop.

Apr 24, 2004
And what is the problem with Edward James Olmos home boy is just an actor playing a part. Most people on here take the time to label him as a scrap, but the man is an actor in a movie "it is not real it is just a movie".

Oct 10, 2004
fuck american me and your bullshitin your self if you think the movie didnt make skraps i remember when american me was in the theaters and hella lil paisas n napa and sonoma countys were claimin the same shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but there lil fake movie gangs died out but alot of em are still skraps lol i think almost every town has a VL skrap gang (bound by honor)

Aug 20, 2003
MABY ITS 4 THE SIMPLE FACT THAT THE MAIN PART OF THAT MOVIE IS BULLSHIT. IN THE END OF THE MOVIE OLMOS CHARACTER WASNT KILLED BY HIS OWN PEOPLE.IN REAL LIFE HOMEBOYS KILLED THAT SCRAP.LOOK ON ANY SEARCH ENGINE UNDER GANGS I DONT KNOW THE EXZACT SITE BUT ONE SITE SHOWS HOW ALL THE ORIGINAL eme FOOLS DIED.

Mar 2, 2004
CHRISHOGGALYPSE said:
It was a great movie, hands down. His goal was to make a powerful movie, and not glorify street gangs in general, he did that, case closed
itz funny how thangz dont work out your way sometimes, it happen to have an opposite effect from what edward olmos was tryin to do. the movie even got some of the cast members killed and yeah it did glorify street gang life.

Nov 7, 2002
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
..."WAIT TILL THE GIRL COME TO THA PARTY"...."WE GOT A GIRL COMING?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HELL I MEMBER edward olmos GOT DEATH TRHEATS CAUSE SUR DUDES WAS LIKE "WE'ERE NOT ALL GAY!!!!!!!!!!"......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Sep 6, 2004
This movie was made to make MONEY! Edward james olmos did his job and got paid. Theres a documentary about this movie. Wich I believe is much better than the movie itself. Yes it does influence lots of young kids to think about joining a gang, but lets not blame the movie alone. Because we all know its all around us...... music, schools, family....... And about the scrap shit..I have no opinion on this.

Apr 24, 2004
TUNEZ_PWP said:
fuck american me and your bullshitin your self if you think the movie didnt make skraps i remember when american me was in the theaters and hella lil paisas n napa and sonoma countys were claimin the same shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but there lil fake movie gangs died out but alot of em are still skraps lol i think almost every town has a VL skrap gang (bound by honor)
If you feeling like a man over the net to each is own. No one puts in work with a key board and a mouse in the streets so .........