What is it about "hyphy" that appeals to the mainstream audience????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 6, 2005
D'struction said:
It's new!! Stunnas are so "IN" its not even funny. Hyphy still aint blown up though, the Bay aint even close. Give it some time.
lol it's funny how the stunna shades are in, and the music is not

people send a message about stunnas in a lot of this hyphy music and people start fallowing the trends

like ive said numerous times before people need to start making the authentic real music again otherwise the bay area won't come back up

hyphy is just an outlet for people to hop on a bandwagon, trends, gimmicks and propaganda

we all know that trends never survive

the real music is still indeed all the old schoolish type shit, the hustler game pimp mob type music thats real in reality and will never die

its good to hear what people outside the bay area think

Dec 25, 2003
Hyphy will never conquer the mainstream the way crunk did. Hyphy is *NOT* catching on nationwide...Shakira is selling more records than the entire hyphy movement.

The rap scene right now is basically saying "ok hyphy thats cute ok let Bay Area niggas do they thing, ok cool" without actually buying into it. I'm guessing it has about 6 months until everyone in the mainstream completely drops the "hyphy movement"

"Crunk" = simple, easy, universal message...."get crunk"....accompanied by bass-heavy beats and simple, lyrically simplistic repeated themes. Everyone knows what "get crunk" means. For dudes, it means wile out and bang on niggas or at least represent that idea...for women it means go crazy on the dance floor, shale ya ass, etc.

"Hyphy" = list of specific, nonsensical, strange rules and terms not understood by most people.

"Go dumb in a scraper, shababalaboopy, stunner shades, thizz face" and all sorts of other terms and inside jokes that only Bay Area/Cali cats understand.

Most people hear that and say "wtf?". Basically, hyphy right now is being politely ignored. Soon it will be politely dropped.

Dec 25, 2003
bootleg said:
lol it's funny how the stunna shades are in, and the music is not...people send a message about stunnas in a lot of this hyphy music and people start fallowing the trends
"stunna shades" were worn by trendy white bitches way before any hyphy singles got on the radio. Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, and everyone else in the gay ass mainstream cracker scene were sporting fat ass bug-eye stunna shades probly a year and a half ago. "Tell me when to Go" has nothing to do with the fact that people are wearin em.

Apr 27, 2005
hyphy will not blow the bay up. what will happen is other regions will incorporate the hyphy sound into their music and eat off of our style and sound. watch

Feb 8, 2006
stuck said:
ey, jaejae, what happened to yo blog? I checked it out last week and it had some nice slaps on it...now it ain't up
yeah i guess u have to go directly to my myspace.com/fadeawayjae then go to my blog

Aug 7, 2003
"stunnas" are a rip off of celebrity's who wear them big glasses to hide they face from the public when they go outside. so they have been here before this hyphy trend and will be here a lot longer then the so called hyphy movement. They did a thing on VH1 about the glasses and they just showed famous people wearing them and that everyone wants to copy them. so while you see girls wearing them a majority of the rich white girls who are wearing them arent doing it becuase of the hyphy rap music, they wear them becuase paris hilton wears them, jessica simpson wears them, j.lo waers them and so on.

May 9, 2002
drunkinfool said:
i dont get where this hate is comin from
So facts=hate?Cmon man...you gotta do better than that bro...seriously...

Why get butthurt just cus your regions music aint pickin up like yall thought?Big fuckin deal....cry me a river....build a bridge...and get the FUCK over it....

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
wow....do you see anyone crying? im just saying, whats the point of coming on the internet to bitch an complain that a certain type of music isnt gona make it.

i come on here to get news an put my 2 cents in....not my whole damn dollar.

everyone is entitled to THIER opionion.....i just dont understand why anyone would waste time to HATE, or badmouth something else....what did it do to you?

May 9, 2002
drunkinfool said:
wow....do you see anyone crying? im just saying, whats the point of coming on the internet to bitch an complain that a certain type of music isnt gona make it.

i come on here to get news an put my 2 cents in....not my whole damn dollar.

everyone is entitled to THIER opionion.....i just dont understand why anyone would waste time to HATE, or badmouth something else....what did it do to you?
So people statin facts is no puttin in THIER .02???Jesus H Christ people..everyone is different....if someone wants to bitch...let em bitch...if someones wants to hate..let em hate...if someone wants to bring cats down to reality...then they will do so...

Its all opinions man...and we all have the freedom to speak it...

Apr 25, 2002
I want to point out that I've never come across a cat from the south whining because 'chopped & screwed' music never caught on...

Also, since when does having an opinion or stating the truth make you a "hater". A hater is someone who hopes for something to fail. Cats need to quit using that term until they know what it actually means.

May 9, 2002
Sick Wid It said:
I want to point out that I've never come across a cat from the south whining because 'chopped & screwed' music never caught on...

Also, since when does having an opinion or stating the truth make you a "hater". A hater is someone who hopes for something to fail. Cats need to quit using that term until they know what it actually means.
Co-sign...

and co-sign...