WA Huskies man

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
A lot of people are calling for Willingham and AD Turner's jobs about now. Right now they are 3-7. 6-7 he's back, 5-8 he's still probably back b/c it will mean a victory over either Cal or Hawaii, 4-9 I'm not so sure, that's not what they had pencilled in for year 3 of Tyrone, 3-10 I think he gets fired.

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
He'll be here atleast another year,unless wazzu puts a bad one on'em in the apple cup..then it's curtain.I think A.D. Todd Turner will probably be fired,and I've heard from some "higher ups" that Ty will be asked to replace D-Coor Kent Baer.

It's lose-lose for Washington...Ty has proven to be a good leader,but the team makes 2-3 monumental errors that cost them every game,like last nights blocked punt,and the 3rd n 2 play call (fade) in two down territory.Run it twice,run clock...get into the end zone.Ty has failed thus far,and without early commits from 4 key locals...he could be done.He also is gonna be considered a lame duck coach,other coaches will recruit at that.

May 9, 2002
I dont know why Kent Baer should be fired...he has been there for a very long time. Its not a coaching problem..its a lack-of-talent problem. You can only do so much when you have shitty players.

And yes, i cant beleive they didnt try and run it for that first down....fuckin retarded.

I think Locker should sit the rest of the year...what do the Huskies have to lose? He has gotten PLENTLY of in-game experience, let Bonnell finish the season and let Locker work on his goddamn errand ass arm...that boy's accuracy is fuckin awful.

Besides...Bonnell won the Apple Cup IN Pullman last year...let him do it again this year IN Seattle.

Apr 25, 2002
I think A.D. Todd Turner will probably be fired,and I've heard from some "higher ups" that Ty will be asked to replace D-Coor Kent Baer.
The fans on dawgman.com have taken to calling Turner "Douchehelmet" on the message boards. They fuckin hate him, and when you really look at a long list of stuff he's said publicly, it's not hard to see why (i.e. saying UW should aspire to be like Kentucky).

Ty has proven to be a good leader,but the team makes 2-3 monumental errors that cost them every game,like last nights blocked punt,and the 3rd n 2 play call (fade) in two down territory.Run it twice,run clock...get into the end zone.
Something I would love to do is come up w/ a system of categorizing timeouts, where you'd go back and examine every Pac-10 coach's timeouts and put a label on them like "time management" or "QB didn't like what he saw" or "important play, needs to be sure on the call" or "general chaos" and I honestly think that a big chunk of TW's timeouts, much too big a chunk, would be classified as "general chaos."

My boy threw his hat at the TV when they threw the ball on 3rd & 2.

Ty has failed thus far,and without early commits from 4 key locals...he could be done.He also is gonna be considered a lame duck coach,other coaches will recruit at that.
There is no better way to evaluate the current status of any program in the country then simply examining their retention rate w/ in-state blue-chip recruits. If they don't get 3 out of 4 of those guys, they're fucked, b/c they won't outrecruit USC, Cal, UCLA, Oregon & Arizona State in the state of California anytime soon.

Apr 25, 2002
He has been under Ty for 12 years. Sorry, I should have made that clearer.
It's all good.

PS One of my best friends was an employee of the Notre Dame football team when he was a student there in the Willingham era, his job was to help the coaches set stuff up at practice (i.e. a lot of bitch work setting up cones and whatnot). Obviously he wasn't in a position that mattered, but what he told me 3 years ago when this regime came to Washington was that he was lukewarm on Willingham, but that he hated several of his assistants for reasons of both the way they dealt with people and also general incompetance.

Baer was the guy my buddy was assigned to and he was the first name he rattled off as far as assistants being concerned about.

PS this has the potential to be the worst year for Seattle sports since I've been of "fan age" (i.e. Kindergarten) which was 1990. It's fucking pissing me off. The Seahawks still have a chance to avoid this, however. But if they don't, it will be the worst.

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
I dont know why Kent Baer should be fired...he has been there for a very long time. Its not a coaching problem..its a lack-of-talent problem. You can only do so much when you have shitty players.
The players are'nt great,but when you give up historical rushing yards one week,and then follow up with historical passing yards the next...it can't just be the players.He runs the same 4 man front,and drops 7...no 1 or 2 linebackers ever come up to the line of scrimmage to fake a blitz.When you break a huddle and show the same thing for 80 plays...the opposing QB knows where he can throw the ball as soon as he breaks the huddle,and sees the same shit.Atleast pretend your doing something different?deception?fake bump with your corners..?
A legendary husky linebacker watched the Ohio St. game,and was so mad...he wanted to know who the linebackers reads were(guards always),and Willingham would'nt answer him.Jason Chorak (all american c/o 97) murdered Baer on KJR...said his schemes are lousy,and non-aggresive.aka not husky football.Oregon had 39 first downs...3fuckin9...i could play with 11 garbage cans and give up less.I won't even talk about halftime adjustments.

Dec 3, 2005
second pac 10 win of the year!! woohoo! :cheeky: cal is really on a bad streak after falling from number two in the country. deshaun jackson got hurt today too