Thoughts on the Uprisings in North Africa and Middle East?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 20, 2004
www.rapbay.com
OT: Funny that i obviously have no idea who you are but i subconsciously associate you as looking like the guy from Old Boy due to that photo you have below your name

Jun 24, 2003
shit's poppin off. was watchin about ten minutes. one of the commentators ask if it was the beginning of a revolution-hesitantly-the other guy replied-

It's the beginning of a 'social' revolution

hahaha. meaning. fuck yeah. shit's popping off over there. ready for a revolution over here

May 20, 2006
the fact that the Egyptian government, shut down the internet and cellphone service was alarming to me........

- step one to control potential civil unrest, shut down the civlilans ablility to communicate.......

- step two....?????

Jul 10, 2002
Iran and it's Shi'ite proxy's that have been burrowing to destabilize the region will capitalize on the instability in these Sunni ran nations. Even though the movement is pro-democracy now, it may potentially be overran by right wing islamic extremists, which will further complicate an already volatile pressure cooker.

Sep 29, 2003
well I have to give Egyptians a pat on the pack. For real....maybe there is something I am missing in the story here, but standing up for themselves is what they should do.

I'm in Canada....when people dont agree with something here, we sit around and bitch in our living rooms; because we are lazy. Every now and then you might see 50-100 people on a street corner downtown with a few signs asking to honk your horn if you support them.

Those people in Egypt are actually taking action to bring change....I don't necessarily agree with violence, but there probably comes a point where its inevitable.

I've spoke to 3 or 4 different people about this here, and all of them have said something along the lines of "those people are uncivilized animals. Why do they always result to violence?". But the reality of the situation is, the way those people live is so far from what we are acustomed to, and the average person here does not understand them..

Jun 27, 2003
well I have to give Egyptians a pat on the pack. For real....maybe there is something I am missing in the story here, but standing up for themselves is what they should do.

I'm in Canada....when people dont agree with something here, we sit around and bitch in our living rooms; because we are lazy. Every now and then you might see 50-100 people on a street corner downtown with a few signs asking to honk your horn if you support them.

Those people in Egypt are actually taking action to bring change....I don't necessarily agree with violence, but there probably comes a point where its inevitable.

I've spoke to 3 or 4 different people about this here, and all of them have said something along the lines of "those people are uncivilized animals. Why do they always result to violence?". But the reality of the situation is, the way those people live is so far from what we are acustomed to, and the average person here does not understand them..
The protests started off as non violent protests. They had silent stands to protest when Khaled Said was murdered, and what did the government do? Even since the 25th, the protesters were peaceful but the police army was cracking down. Even still, the protesters realize that those conscripts are the same as they are, and they've helped injured police and the police have even joined the protests.

May 13, 2002
The Egyptian military has the right to quench any insurrections. The U.S. and Israel are allies with the present regime so it's in our best interest to support Mubarak.
Its in Americas best interest to stay out of it , and who gives a fuck about how Isreal feels? Isreal only cares about itself and who it can take advantage of.

May 20, 2006
Prisons in Egypt were attacked on Sunday and a few hundred Muslim militants and thousands of other inmates were freed amid the widespread protests and riots, The Associated Press reports.

Gangs of men armed with guns and other weapons have robbed people and stores across the North African nation, the AP report said.

The protests against President Hosni Mubarak’s 30-year-rule have reached an unprecedented scale. Al-Jazeera television puts the death toll from the protests and riots at around 150. Another 4,000 people have been injured

the peacful protests are about to turn into a bloody uprising.......