The Official Random Thought Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 23, 2008
Gold Coast, Australia
had an interesting experience at the music store today. i have looked for tech cds in shops for a while now and never seen 1. so today i went into a small independant music store and looked not expecting to see anything, but was surprised to see 7 tech albums all labelled with "recomended" stickers as well as the strictly strange dvd and the psychumentary. i also saw the new blh album as well as prozacs cd. i thought it was pretty interesting

cool story bro

May 29, 2009
lol, I love how you cool story bro'ed yourself. Yeah, I saw a few tech cds at the HMV here in Canada with staff recommended on it. No Krizz or Prozak or anything else.

But you're in Australia? Interesting as hell, maybe he really likes FiggKidd and got onto tech through that?

Oct 16, 2006
had an interesting experience at the music store today. i have looked for tech cds in shops for a while now and never seen 1. so today i went into a small independant music store and looked not expecting to see anything, but was surprised to see 7 tech albums all labelled with "recomended" stickers as well as the strictly strange dvd and the psychumentary. i also saw the new blh album as well as prozacs cd. i thought it was pretty interesting
That's crazy, what albums?.. I have only ever seen one Tech N9ne album in a store.. and that was Absolute Power in a HMV in the city (Melbourne) and it was considerably overpriced..

ECF'NW.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
That's crazy, what albums?.. I have only ever seen one Tech N9ne album in a store.. and that was Absolute Power in a HMV in the city (Melbourne) and it was considerably overpriced..

ECF'NW.
I've seen all of Tech cds back to Anghellic, in stores around here, but I think that's pretty common in the Midwest...

Oct 16, 2006
I saw all his albums in a Best Buy in houston so I would imagine it is not too rare to find them in cd retailers across America..

ECF'NW.

Jun 9, 2007
Today I will be debuting a new weekly feature exclusively for the Strange Music forum's "Official Random Thought Thread." This new feature will be called "Strange, Random As Fuck Facts Of Life."

This week, we will be learning what would happen if you ate the silica gel packets that are marked "do not eat"

source: HowStuffWorks.com

What you would be consuming is most likely silica gel or some other desiccant -- something that absorbs (collects) and holds water vapor. These little packets are found in all sorts of products to help maintain quality.

Shipping can cause all kinds of atmospheric conditions and changes in temperature. Increased moisture can spoil or permanently damage many products. For example, if a bottle of vitamins contained any moisture vapor and was cooled rapidly, the condensing moisture would ruin the pills. You'll find little silica gel packets in anything that would be affected by excess moisture or condensation.

Silica gel can adsorb about 40 percent of its weight in moisture and can take the relative humidity in a closed container down to about 40 percent. Once the gel is saturated, you can get rid of the moisture and reuse silica gel by heating it above 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius).

Silica gel is nearly harmless, and that's why you find it in food products. Silica, which is actually silicon dioxide (SiO2), is the same material found in quartz. The gel form contains millions of tiny pores that can adsorb and hold moisture -- it's essentially porous sand.

While the contents of a silica gel packet are basically harmless, it would be a rather unpleasant experience to attempt to consume the silica crystals. The sole job of these tiny desiccants is to adsorb moisture. If you emptied a packet of the stuff into your mouth, the moisture would be whisked away from the sides and roof of your mouth, your gums and tongue -- giving an entirely new and all-too-accurate meaning of the phrase "dry mouth." If silica gel did happen to make it past your mouth -- which is unlikely because you would probably be making every effort to spit it out -- you might suffer a few irritating side effects, such as:

* Dry eyes
* An irritated, dry feeling in your throat
* Aggravated, dry mucous membranes and nasal cavity
* An upset stomach or stomach discomfort

So just how many silica packets would it take to adsorb all the water from someone's body? Let's use a 210-pound man as an example. We know that 70 percent of a human body is made up of water - 70 percent of 210 pounds is 147 pounds of water. We also know that silica gel can adsorb about 40percent of its weight in moisture. So 10 pounds of silica gel are needed to adsorb 4 pounds of water.

It turns out that it would take 367.5 pounds of silica gel to adsorb 147 pounds of water. Since a single packet of silica gel weighs 0.1 ounces, that means a 210-pound man would have to consume 58,800 packets of silica gel.

-------------------

There you go. If you eat the "do not eat" packet, you are not going to die or get raped.

I hope you enjoyed this week's fun fact. If you didn't, go fuck yourself and next time skip the post.

Tune in next week for another edition of "Strange, Random As Fuck Facts Of Life"!

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
Today I will be debuting a new weekly feature exclusively for the Strange Music forum's "Official Random Thought Thread." This new feature will be called "Strange, Random As Fuck Facts Of Life."

This week, we will be learning what would happen if you ate the silica gel packets that are marked "do not eat"

source: HowStuffWorks.com

What you would be consuming is most likely silica gel or some other desiccant -- something that absorbs (collects) and holds water vapor. These little packets are found in all sorts of products to help maintain quality.

Shipping can cause all kinds of atmospheric conditions and changes in temperature. Increased moisture can spoil or permanently damage many products. For example, if a bottle of vitamins contained any moisture vapor and was cooled rapidly, the condensing moisture would ruin the pills. You'll find little silica gel packets in anything that would be affected by excess moisture or condensation.

Silica gel can adsorb about 40 percent of its weight in moisture and can take the relative humidity in a closed container down to about 40 percent. Once the gel is saturated, you can get rid of the moisture and reuse silica gel by heating it above 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius).

Silica gel is nearly harmless, and that's why you find it in food products. Silica, which is actually silicon dioxide (SiO2), is the same material found in quartz. The gel form contains millions of tiny pores that can adsorb and hold moisture -- it's essentially porous sand.

While the contents of a silica gel packet are basically harmless, it would be a rather unpleasant experience to attempt to consume the silica crystals. The sole job of these tiny desiccants is to adsorb moisture. If you emptied a packet of the stuff into your mouth, the moisture would be whisked away from the sides and roof of your mouth, your gums and tongue -- giving an entirely new and all-too-accurate meaning of the phrase "dry mouth." If silica gel did happen to make it past your mouth -- which is unlikely because you would probably be making every effort to spit it out -- you might suffer a few irritating side effects, such as:

* Dry eyes
* An irritated, dry feeling in your throat
* Aggravated, dry mucous membranes and nasal cavity
* An upset stomach or stomach discomfort

So just how many silica packets would it take to adsorb all the water from someone's body? Let's use a 210-pound man as an example. We know that 70 percent of a human body is made up of water - 70 percent of 210 pounds is 147 pounds of water. We also know that silica gel can adsorb about 40percent of its weight in moisture. So 10 pounds of silica gel are needed to adsorb 4 pounds of water.

It turns out that it would take 367.5 pounds of silica gel to adsorb 147 pounds of water. Since a single packet of silica gel weighs 0.1 ounces, that means a 210-pound man would have to consume 58,800 packets of silica gel.

-------------------

There you go. If you eat the "do not eat" packet, you are not going to die or get raped.

I hope you enjoyed this week's fun fact. If you didn't, go fuck yourself and next time skip the post.

Tune in next week for another edition of "Strange, Random As Fuck Facts Of Life"!
Definitely eating some of these now, thanks for the insight.

Jun 23, 2008
Gold Coast, Australia

ECF'NW.
Off the top of my head i think there was about 7 CDs there plus 2 DVDs. I remember seeing killer, absolute power, anghellic, sickology 101 and eveready. I cant remember ifKD as there or not. They were overpriced thought, i think it was 30 bucks each, which was surprising because the DVDs were only $25.

May 29, 2009
Never saw it, thats when I downloaded it off his site for free. I buy his shit at the shows. And preordering's for suckers if you're canadian, aussies get their shit quicker. FYI: Nukes might be in australia with their customs hard at work :p

May 7, 2008
rocking horse brisbane = 30 dollars and has alot of tech cds..

i made them order in a few when i was there lol the guy there was trying to be cool and shyt with his faggot music and i was like hey man wheres tech n9ne ? he like one of the biggest rappers in the market .. and he was like oh yeaa he is great i must have misplaced order..

couple weeks later pow lol some tech cds