The Official Random Thought Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 14, 2002
I poked around for a little bit and got it up to about 13.35 down and 2.09 up, so if you thought 1.37 was fast I'm feeling pretty bad for you... You can hardly watch a youtube vid with that.

And that's below average for my ISP according to speedtest.net

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
You shouldn't have really had a problem buffering when you had 1.37 down. When I had a 768/128 connection, Netflix would play smoothly (though it was their lowest tier quality, though they choose the quality based on your speed so it's not like they were trying to stream you HD if that's the speeds you had at the time). Youtube could have been a problem if you had it set up to always show HD. Though it could have just been an issue of things going slower than you're used to. After all, there was a time when I thought Dial-Up was perfectly fine, then got Cable and couldn't bare to go back (though I'm pretty much there at this point).

The problem for me is... DSL and Cable aren't available (DSL hubs are too far away for them to offer service and cable companies don't put out the money to wire rural areas) which only leaves wireless technologies. All of which come with ridiculous caps that either end up costing you overages, or see your speeds limited to something comparable to Dial-Up. That... or the cost is ridiculously outrageous, when you could get the same service for a third of the price in the city :\

Nov 14, 2002
Yeah I'm just saying for digital cable, buffering every five seconds, or waiting for a half hour to buffer a ten minute video is a mess.

Shitty about the service where you are... I'd go fucking crazy since I do most of my tv/movie watching on my laptop.

Oct 24, 2002
www.beekc.com
watching a bunch of guys in tights tackle each other and pat each others butts isnt interesting to me. that and plays only last like 10 seconds with 15 minutes of watching the sidelines in between. sports, especially major league sports, are the most boring shit ever.
I dont really look at it as tight and patting each others butts but then again im not gay.

Its one thing to not like football but to try and justify it like that...come on now.

Im guessing by your avatar you watch anime? hmmmm anime and tpain thats a good combo.

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
I dont really look at it as tight and patting each others butts but then again im not gay.

Its one thing to not like football but to try and justify it like that...come on now.

Im guessing by your avatar you watch anime? hmmmm anime and tpain thats a good combo.
i gave you other reasons too. just ignore those.
dragon ball>any american cartoon. you mad?

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I watched Dragonball all of one season, then determined that Batman Adventures, Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, Tale Spin, Centurions, Spider-Man, X-Men, Earthworm Jim, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Savage Dragon, W.I.L.D.C.A.T.S., Biker Mice from Mars, AAH! Real Monsters!, Rugrats, Ren & Stimpy, Transformers, Voltron, Pirates of Dark Water, Animaniacs, Tiny Toon Adventures, etc. were all about 100x better than Goku and his flaming haired friends battling for dominant supremacy every week.

Yang

Sicc OG
May 2, 2004
"Holier Than Thou" just came on my ipod and it reminded me of something kinda funny I read a while back. Da T.R.U.T.H, the gospel rapper who Tech N9ne wanted to "lead them in the right direction" was exposed as having an affair with his friends wife and had to take a break from rapping.

Jul 1, 2004
I watched Dragonball all of one season, then determined that Batman Adventures, Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, Tale Spin, Centurions, Spider-Man, X-Men, Earthworm Jim, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Savage Dragon, W.I.L.D.C.A.T.S., Biker Mice from Mars, AAH! Real Monsters!, Rugrats, Ren & Stimpy, Transformers, Voltron, Pirates of Dark Water, Animaniacs, Tiny Toon Adventures, etc. were all about 100x better than Goku and his flaming haired friends battling for dominant supremacy every week.
Forgot some, GI Joe, He-Man, the classic old Looney Toons, Animaniacs, Rocko's Modern Life, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, even those shit on Dragon Ball Z.

Edit- You said Animaniacs lol.