The nexus of politics and terror... the neo-con october surprise??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 8, 2003
The Republican Party will begin airing a hard-hitting ad this weekend that warns of more cataclysmic terror attacks against the U.S. homeland.

The ad portrays Osama bin Laden and quotes his threats against America dating to February 1998. "These are the stakes," the ad concludes. "Vote November 7."

Brian Jones, a spokesman for the Republican National Committee, said the ad would run on national cable beginning Sunday, but he declined to discuss specifics of the buy.

The commercial tracks with Republican Party strategy to make the war on terrorism a central theme of this election. It will air as recent polls show Republicans losing ground as the party best able to combat terrorism.

Last month, President Bush made the war against terrorism a recurrent topic in public appearances. But his message was drowned out by the e- mail sex scandal involving former Republican Rep. Mark Foley of Florida and by increasing fatalities in Iraq.

The ad displays an array of quotes from bin Laden and his top lieutenant, Ayman al-Zawahiri, that include bin Laden's Dec. 26, 2001 vow that "what is yet to come will be even greater."

The ad is also featured on the RNC's Web site. The party said the ad, called "The Stakes," will be e-mailed to millions of GOP supporters, activists and the state parties.
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/10/19/D8KRV0SG1.html

WASHINGTON, Oct 17 (Reuters) - A last-minute "October surprise" -- a dramatic news event that shakes up the U.S. election -- could be a wild card in the final three weeks of the fight for control of Congress.

With Democrats threatening to sweep Republicans out of power in Congress in the Nov. 7 elections, a late-breaking foreign crisis, terrorist attack or another Washington scandal could change the debate and shape the ultimate outcome.

The possibilities are numerous, as President George W. Bush juggles multiple foreign threats like North Korea's nuclear tests, Iran's nuclear ambitions and civil war in Iraq, along with mushrooming Republican scandals at home.

"There is a huge potential for some sort of October surprise that changes the dynamic, something that reminds everyone just how unstable the world is," pollster John Zogby said.

The October surprise has a long history in U.S. political campaigns, from the collapse of hostage negotiations with Iran before President Jimmy Carter's 1980 loss to Ronald Reagan to the airing of an Osama bin Laden video before President George W. Bush's re-election in 2004.

The phenomenon is not as prevalent in congressional elections, which involve a collection of individual races and are not as focused on a single event. This year, Democrats must pick up 15 seats in the House of Representatives and six Senate seats to win control of Congress.

In the last midterm elections, in 2002, the plane crash death of Democratic Sen. Paul Wellstone of Minnesota little more than a week before the vote threw his Senate race into chaos. Republican Norm Coleman beat replacement Democrat Walter Mondale, the former vice president.

But the potential for a campaign-shaping event in the final weeks remains a topic of intense speculation on the Internet and elsewhere. While most late-breaking events are beyond the control of politicians, plenty of conspiracy theorists expect the White House to make a late attempt to halt Democratic momentum
http://today.reuters.com/news/artic...SURPRISE.XML&WTmodLoc=InvArt-C2-NextArticle-1

--and if anybody doesnt think that our government would with hold info for political reasons check this video out...
vvvv
Countdown with Keith Olbermann::
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6619753987505107802&q=Nexus+Of+Politics+And+Terror&hl=en

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Great ad if I do say so myself. I can't wait to see what they have up their sleeves.

Like...oh!...remember that one time George Bush's DUI from the 70's was brought up just before election day? I liked that one.

Aug 8, 2003
^^
yup.. pretty funny if i must say so.. it amazes me how these people would rather play the political chess game with fear rather then actually do something for the people they are supposed to represent

Aug 19, 2006
I MIGHT CATCH HELL FROM YOU TROLL FOR SAYING THAT I HAVE ALLWAYS FAVORED THE REPUBLICAN PARTY. BUT THE REASON I AM COMING OUT HERE RIGHT NOW IS TO ASK YOU WHAT DO YOU THINK DEMOCRATS ARE GONNA DO FOR US IF THEY TAKE CONTROL OF THA HOUSE. AT THIS POINT IN OUR NATIONS HISTORY I AM JUST WATCHING TO SEE HOW THINGS TURN OUT.1 I CAN'T VOTE CAUSE IF YOU'RE A FELON YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE AND YOUR RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS GET GANKED. I AM NOT OPPOSING TO WHAT YOU POST I AM JUST CURIOUS OF WHAT YOUR OPINION IS WITH OUR GOV. RIGHT NOW AND WHO YOU THINK IS GONNA DO WHAT FOR THA PEOPLE.RESPECTFULLY

Nov 1, 2005
^^^i dunno where ur at,but alotta ppl think they cant vote if they've been convicted of a felony.here in cali,u gotta be currently on parole because of a felony......................Who May Register to Vote
# You may register to vote if you meet the following criteria: You are a United States citizen
# You are a resident of California
# You are at least 18 years of age (or will be by the date of the next election)
# You are not in prison or on parole for conviction of a felony
# You have not been judged by a court to be mentally incompetent to register and vote.

Aug 19, 2006
Registration Requirements

To register to vote in the state of Washington, you must be:
A citizen of the United States
A legal resident of Washington State
At least 18 years old by election day
You may not register to vote if you are:
Presently denied your civil rights due to a felony conviction.
Judicially declared mentally incompetent and ineligible to vote.

Aug 8, 2003
1OLB4 said:
I MIGHT CATCH HELL FROM YOU TROLL FOR SAYING THAT I HAVE ALLWAYS FAVORED THE REPUBLICAN PARTY.
i will never judge anybody personally by the party for which they subscribe..

1OLB4 said:
BUT THE REASON I AM COMING OUT HERE RIGHT NOW IS TO ASK YOU WHAT DO YOU THINK DEMOCRATS ARE GONNA DO FOR US IF THEY TAKE CONTROL OF THA HOUSE.
before i continue i need to clarify that i believe both parties are corrupt...

1OLB4 said:
I AM NOT OPPOSING TO WHAT YOU POST I AM JUST CURIOUS OF WHAT YOUR OPINION IS WITH OUR GOV. RIGHT NOW AND WHO YOU THINK IS GONNA DO WHAT FOR THA PEOPLE.RESPECTFULLY
well.. i see this.. the democratic party, even tho its been infiltrated, is pushing for...

alternative energy,
a raise in minimum wage,
an iraq re-deployment possibly even a pullout

and last but definately not least..

checks and balance's... the republicans have shown the american people that they favor a dictatorship by lying down for somebody in their party instead of taking a bi-partisan view point... they would let a president do whatever he wanted as long as the president was a fellow republican.. thats a very big threat to a country claiming to be 'democratic'

Aug 8, 2003
EaStSiDeCrEePeR said:
ok i have a question who the fuck can we trust in now a days everything we know is corupt in some way?
ive always been taught to trust those who have nothing to gain from your trust..

Aug 19, 2006
THANX FOR THA CLARIFICATION TROLL AND YEAH THY BOTH ARE FILLED WITH CORRUPTION AND POWER TRIPS. I JUST HOPE TO GOD HILLARY NEVER BECOMES THA PREZ.

PGBD

Sicc OG
Nov 10, 2004
Sure is a great time to be alive. Oh, refer to my post about potential voters (many of you shouldn't be voting). And below is a good article. Please read.

AARP's "Don't Vote" Campaign

Robert Paul Reyes
October 13, 2006

We are all familiar with MTV's "Rock The Vote" and WWE's "Smackdown Your Vote", these voter registration drives have encouraged many young people to vote.

But that's not necessarily a good thing if uneducated voters are making uneducated choices resulting in inept or unethical candidates winning office.

If a Puff Daddy or Pee Daddy, or whatever he is calling himself these days, coaxes an ignorant slacker to pry himself from his Nintendo and go to the polls on Election Day, is that a good thing? And if a WWE wrestler convinces enough young people to vote, we might end up with Arnold Schwarzenegger as president one day. (Providing that the Constitution is amended.)

Now an organization with no appeal to young people has launched a "Don't Vote" campaign. The American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) has produced a public service announcement with this seemingly undemocratic message: Don't vote!

But that's not the whole message. The AARP is saying don't' vote unless you are familiar with the candidates and the issues.

From U.S. Newswire:

"By visiting http://www.dontvote.com , voters can select their respective state and receive information on state and national races, find their district, and register to vote. Additionally, visitors to dontvote.com can view the AARP Voters' Guide, which presents national, state, and local candidates' unedited responses on key issues."

Sen. George Allen has a genial personality with a smile always at the ready, and he may charm a lot of uneducated voters. But citizens who keep up with current events know that Sen. George "Macaca" Allen is totally unfit to serve in the Senate.

With so many life or death issues facing the electorate, we don't need more voters, we need more informed voters. I'm not voting for any politician until I learn where he stands on all the important issues: The Korean crisis, the Iraq War, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, national health care, the AIDS crisis, and the war on Islamic terrorism.

To young people I say: Don't listen to an illiterate rap star urging you to "Rock The Vote", pay attention to your AARP elders and learn about the issues and then vote your conscience.

Don't Rock The Vote and Don't Choose or Lose. Forget that there are midterm elections and go to school, go to work or stay at home. Do whatever you have to do to avoid voting. - Me

PGBD

Sicc OG
Nov 10, 2004
TROLL said:
doesnt suprise me some old country bumpkins dont want "them dagon kids" to vote.. smh..
Because they shouldn't be voting. Because they're uneducated, unintelligent, and uniformed. And Because they'll make bad choices.

Why does this bother you though? You're Anti-American and disillusioned by the Democratic Process. You weren't going to vote anyway (fortunately).

Aug 8, 2003
PGBD said:
Because they shouldn't be voting. Because they're uneducated, unintelligent, and uniformed. And Because they'll make bad choices.
yet, needless to say he has a right to voice his opinion and that is exactly what a muffucin VOTE is :hurt: intelligence has nothing to do with bein patriotic, as per, plenty well known RED statez..
PGBD said:
Why does this bother you though? You're Anti-America and disillusioned by the Democratic Process.
im all in favor of using what they got in place to at least gum up some works, but there are propositions and shit that i can fuckin roll with cuz its local.. but..
PGBD said:
You weren't going to vote anyway (fortunately).
i already did :cheeky:

Aug 8, 2003
PGBD said:
It has something to do with electing the proper officials though.
whos who, to gauge another persons intelligence, by there opinion of how they think our elected officals should run our government??

PGBD

Sicc OG
Nov 10, 2004
TROLL said:
whos who, to gauge another persons intelligence, by there opinion of how they think our elected officals should run our government??
I'm not gauging above average to gifted intelligence by voting history. I'm saying it should be a prerequisite for voting.