SUM TING WONG

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 17, 2004
Eunuch said:
the swaztika is a symbol used in many cultures before the nazi's adapted it as a symbol for their party. so the dude wasn't trying to be funny but it was/is in a symbol that started in almost every ancient culture, european, asian and even native american......the nazi's just ruined it for everyone.
just like the hitler moustache. he ruined that for everyone

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
Some sources indicate that the Chinese Empress Wu (武則天)(684–704) of the Tang Dynasty decreed that the swastika would be used as an alternative symbol of the sun. As part of the Chinese script, the swastika has Unicode encodings U+534D 卍 (pronunciation following the Chinese character "萬": pinyin:wàn); (left-facing) and U+5350 卐 (right-facing).[21]

The Mandarin "Wan" is a homophone for "10,000" and is commonly used to represent the whole of creation, e.g. 'the myriad things' in the Dao De Jing.

In Japan, the swastika is called manji. Since the Middle Ages, it is used as a family coat of arms. On Japanese maps, a swastika (left-facing and horizontal) is used to mark the location of a Buddhist temple. The right-facing manji is often referred as the gyaku manji (逆卍, lit. "reverse manji"), and can also be called kagi jūji, literally "hook cross."

The left-facing Buddhist swastika also appears on the emblem of Falun Gong. This has generated considerable controversy, particularly in Germany, where the police have reportedly confiscated several banners featuring the emblem. A court ruling subsequently allowed Falun Gong followers in Germany to continue the use of the emblem.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
DubbC415 said:
^^^its to make white people (who are not of chinese descent) feel special because its "mysterious." (b/c no other white people will be able to read it.) its to make them feel sophisticated, like "i got an extra special tatoo thats foreign"
I've seen plenty of other races with chinese lettering tatted on them.

Seriously, what is it with you and always trying to down white people? When you are white yourself. I don't get it.

Have a few (okay, just kidding, a lot) of white people done some very terrible things? Yes. But you seem to chime in about every few posts with some "oh white people this, white people that" type of stuff.

You've always been cool on here but I've really noticed it a lot lately. I think you might have a extreme case of white guilt.

Mtn

Sicc OG
Apr 29, 2003
Dude deserved that, why the fuck would you get something permanent on your body and not even bother to check if it's correct? Dumb motherfuckers..

Mar 4, 2006
Nuttkase said:
Seriously, what is it with you and always trying to down white people? When you are white yourself. I don't get it.
I think you might have a extreme case of white guilt.
that's what i was gonna say but then i saw you pointed that out already. A lot of White people have White Guilt.

Oct 14, 2004
I study Japanese. I plan on getting Kanji on my arm. I have done some reasearch (Internet, Reading, Talking to my Sensei) about it. I see alot of tats now that dont look right since i know a little Kanji. i dont say shit because it may mean something else in chinese. But if you get anything foreign on your body research it first.

Oct 14, 2004
DubbC415 said:
^^^its to make white people (who are not of chinese descent) feel special because its "mysterious." (b/c no other white people will be able to read it.) its to make them feel sophisticated, like "i got an extra special tatoo thats foreign"

I dont think Kanji, Hiragana or Katakana is mysterious and Iam white. I just respect the culture and the language. I want to move to Japan some day. Thats what it is for me. What do I have to be guilty for. I didnt do anything to any race. Just because I have ancestors who may have does not mean I have to suffer.

Peace.

Oct 14, 2004
thuglifesoldier said:
Oh Shit! You have a Sensei?!
:chinese: :chinese: :chinese: :chinese:

Hai. Chang Sensei Desu.

Before her I had

Tomita Sensei Desu.

iie sensei(Tomita to Chang) desu.

Iam still learning the language though so its rough to get it all down.
I ended up clicking on Kasumi on your sig. Better then Brian Peppers hahahha.