Signups for League Battle.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
This is Tim C's idea. Credit given where credit due.

1. ANYBODY who wants in the League, sign up. The more the merrier.

2. Battles will be assigned at random.

3. Winners will face winners, losers will face losers.

4. Eventually, everybody will have a win-loss record.

5. Matches will continue, and those with similar records will battle.

6. Eventually, based on records, you will have a "value".

7. League play (if it goes smoothly) will never end.

Don't expect this to happen anytime soon. We'll need to make a lot of rules and organize a lot of stuff. But sign up on here.

Tim C, get at me on this. We need to talk.

Apr 25, 2002
also guys, this is the real deal. this is going to be very organized, and very active. any questions feel free to throw them out.. we are forming the basis to it as we speak.

Apr 25, 2002
right on guys.. try to spread the word. so far what we have is a league where there are 2 different halves (think football..AFC and NFC).. there are 2-4 divisions on each half (depending the amount of ppl signed up) and it ends with playoffs and the title bout. suggestions are appreciated. smurf get at me on AIM if you want to add anything since you were on the idea too.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Overall structure:

-We'll have all the people
-Split that into two halves
-Split the halves into divisions
-Contestants will battle within their division
-Contestants will rematch everyone in their division
-Exhibition rounds (do not count towards record)
-At the end of the season, the top from each division will advance to the playoffs (ties will be broken by total votes from previous rounds)
-Playoffs
-Siccness Superbowl

at this point we will have everybody ranked.
The next season will promptly begin, with new sign-ups added for anybody who "retires".
And repeat.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
If you wanna make this last, we can make one round a week. It will take a long time, but it will be just like football.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Lee, that's one of the most intelligent things you've ever said.
Keep the ideas coming!

Oh yeah. Another thing. Even if you aren't the best, or you know you are going to lose, you should still sign up. This tournament isn't just for a certain few. Even if you've never battled, give it a try. Nobody is good right off the bat.

A

All Out HOGG

If theres a draft....I suggest me & tim c be coaches...I think a draft is'a vicious ass thought...

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I don't really see a point in having coaches, because each team consists of one player. Unless the coach plans on doing their best to cheer somebody on, its kinda pointless.

But i was thinking maybe Tim C should be in charge of one half of the league and Smurf in charge of the other half. You guys can form a draft.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
@Tragic...

I'm not sure about the judging situation. Since this is almost exactly like football, it would make sense to have referees. Or we could have open judging, but since there are gonna be so many battles at once, that could get hard.

But, i don't plan on having a judging system unless the majority of the participants agree on it.