Seattle High School Bars Military Solicitation

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Houston
2-0-Sixx said:
Who should make the decisions about what goes on in schools: the GOVERNMENT or the Parents?
Do you mean the parents who don't have a fuckin' clue what is going on in their child's school and could care less about whether their child passes or fails school? Once parents become more intuned with their OWN child/children, then maybe they can handle the bigger responsibility of the whole school. By the way, parents have all the rights they want to control what kind of education their child receives, they just don't decide on the curriculum that is taught if that is what you meant by the government deciding what goes on in school.

As far as the topic, I don't see anything wrong with military recruiters going to schools. It is just the same as having job recruiters come to your school. The military is a job which includes great risks, but so does being a policeman or a fireman. The military does have better benefits if someone puts in their time and gets out. I don't think that most students in these schools would respond well to a McDonald's recruiter telling them they can work for minimum wage with no benefits. But with jobs and anything in general, such as buying a car or house, don't just assume what they are telling you straight from their mouth to be gold. You have to do your own research and make your own decision.

May 12, 2002
GoProGraphics.com
The military reducing the time you have to serve to make it sound more attractive to signees doesnt give them the time to prepare for combat. I think every recruit needs like a year in training. Were just gonne have a shit load of fools over there not ready to be in the action.

Dec 30, 2003
www.soundclick.com
2-0-Sixx said:
Why aren’t there military recruiters in rich schools? Why is it that they always focus on low-income, working class neighborhoods or schools with a high percentage of minorities?
There are... I went to a simi "rich" high school here in Seattle and them mutha fuckin recruiters always was on campus... and we was mostly a "white" school the opposite of Garfiled a "black" and we had the same recruiting shit every HS has... rich, poor, black, white it dont matter homie the military dont care about that shit they just want another fresh body...

Apr 25, 2002
wind.prohosting.com
Exactly. I signed up when i was 17 and a JR in HS i chose to give up drinking and parting at the beach with my friends for one summer and attend Army Basic Combat Training at Ft Sill Ok. I was going to Novato High School and San Marin Highschool was right across the way. One was a mixed HS and one was an all white HS. My senior year i worked with my recuiter at both schools as well as at Marin Catholic ( a $14,000 a year private high school) I agree more poor people join. But not all poor people join and not all rich people dont. Banning military recuiters (especily at a poor school) closes doors for students, and also supresses the rights that us as soldiers gave to all of you in the first place. It is a government institution and recuiters should be allowed to be there. If the school deems it right, i dont see a problem with another person there the same day telling students about other outs they may have and the benifits of those over the military. I belive all students should be exposed to everything including the military, and make an informed decision on what they wish to persue. I dont regret joining the military one bit, going to iraq has even opened doors. I just recived a 180,000K a year job offer from dyncorps to stay over here and do security. for a 20 year old it doesnt get much better.

Big Rich

Rest In Peace
Oct 20, 2003
KleanKut said:
. Hpowever they said they had a "race relations" class cut OH MY GOD!!! NOT THE RACE RELATIONS CLASS!!!!!!! .

when i was in basic at ft. leonard wood in missouri, we had a briefing on race relations that went like this. let me try and paint this picture for you. we were all in a cafeteria like environment all seated at the position of attention (heels together,feet at 45 degree angle, hands on top of thighs,back straight). theres drill sergeants all around us and one drill sergeant on stage thats doing the briefing. (keep in mind we dont know what this class is about) also keep in mind that this is the second week of basic so were all being treated like straight shit still.

all the sudden the drill sergeant screams out loud to a black private "Hey homey! why dont you try and sit at the position of attention! this aint the hood homeboy! matter of fact im sick of your black ass always standin' around with all the other "niggas" in this unit. tell you what! I want all the african americans to to stand your black asses up and go to the back of the room and stand around in a circle and hang out like youre back on the block at home."

at this point i glanced around at the black guys and i saw pure fucking hatred in their eyes as they slowly started getting up. then all the other drill sergeants chime in and start yelling for them to hurry up and one yelled to a black private "hury up and get to the back with the rest of the niggers!"

then the drill sergeant looks at a puerto rican private and yells "hey wetback! how did you get in the army?" then the drill sergeant asks another drill sergeant " they let spics in the army now? we must be really hurtin' for soldiers!" and starts laughing.

then he points to a female private and asks "why'd you join the military sweetie?" and before she could answer he cuts her off with "Oh I know, so you could whore around with all these horny male privates and get pregnant? tell you what sweetheart, why dont you and the rest of the females go stand in the corner with your face to the wall like a good girl!"

pure chaos man im telling you, i never felt so enraged in my life at what was going on because there was nothing you could do at that point because you couldnt disobey a direct order, they take that shit serious. now keep in mind there were black,white,mexican,and female drill sergeants all in that room. and after we were all seperated they asked us how we all felt and it was clear we were all upset, and then they explained that being a team meant you couldnt be racist/sexist etc...

just thought i'd share that with you guys. peace