Scariest move of the year...by far

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
I will definitely have to check this out as I consider myself a horror movie connoisseur.

In my opinion, the scariest movie of all time is MOTHMAN PROPHECIES. I actually had to turn my tv off half way through it and watch it the next night. and I NEVER get scared from movies.

Feb 9, 2003
I fucking hate movies like this. I have to drive all the way to San Francisco on a certain day in order to watch this, fuck that. And I really wanted to see it too.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
dude, my family is from kansas city and they are exactly like this...we get into huge fights cuz my mom and i are the "liberals" of the family. whenever we go out to visit our there they get crazier and crazier...all my of my cousins out there are 18 or younger and half of them LOVE going to Christian camp and try to spread that shit to us.

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
Damn I seen a white family move into mexico when I was living there and they where always prancing and talking about jesus and shit trying to spread there message too all the mexican kids cuz I guess most of em where catholic shit, damn this brainwashing shit is disturbing.

Mar 12, 2005
NWO, THAT'S WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT, THEY WILL BE PART OF THE SYSTEM THAT WILL PERSECUTE ME, AND OTHER NON-ORGANIZED AND NON CONFORMED CHURCH GOING CHRISTIANS.

Mar 12, 2005
Rob S4 said:
Brainwashing exists only if you let it.
206 I AGREE WITH THE BRAINWASHING. ROB, SO WHAT MAKES YOU THINK IF A LITTLE BOY ISN'T RAISED LIKE THAT, HE'LL CHANGE. LOOK AT MUSLIMS AND CATHOLICS, BORN TO BE IN THAT RELIGION! GOOD VIDEO 206!

May 9, 2002
PHX Sun said:
In my opinion, the scariest movie of all time is MOTHMAN PROPHECIES. I actually had to turn my tv off half way through it and watch it the next night. and I NEVER get scared from movies.
I second that...and a friedn of mine has witnessed the "Mothman"....so i know that shit is real....

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
LOL@JLMACN.

BUT I WAS JUST gONNA MAKE A THREAD ABOUT THIS SHIT CAUSE I SEEN A COMMERCIAL ABOUT IT. THAT SHIT IS STUPID. THAT'S WHY I SAY IF YOU gONNA BE CHRISTIAN, READ SCRIPTURE FOR YOURSELF AND MEDITATE OVER THE MESSAgE TO COME TO THE RIgHT CONCLUSION.

May 9, 2002
User Comments:

28 out of 35 people found the following comment useful:-
Indoctronation and brainwashing, 18 September 2006

Author: rfsavio from United States

This movie details the experiences of children who are encouraged to become "Warriors for God" and it shows their fervor and determination to "perform" the role of a so-called Christian.

I take great exception to this terrible abuse of fragile and impressionable young minds by rabid zealots who are shaping and misleading these children to carry on their particular corrupted view of Christianity.

All of the "tricks of the trade" including talking in tongues, falling on the floor supposedly "overcome with the spirit" and of course the requisite tears are in place and right on cue from the taskmasters of these children.

While the film is an objective presentation of what is going on in that camp, it is the subject matter that I personally find offensive.

Those of us who are old enough will remember Hitler's Youth Corp and more recently the "Free German Youth" of the German Democratic Republic. The minds of the young are easily misdirected and manipulated. To impose such zealotry on such young children is an abuse of the highest order.

The directors of this so-called camp would do well to reflect on the words of the person they think they are emulating, Jesus. It is clearly written in Scripture that Christians are to LOVE THEIR ENEMIES; they are to FORGIVE WRONGS DONE TO THEM NOT SEVEN TIMES BUT SEVENTY TIMES SEVEN; they are to lead others to the kingdom of God not by the sword but with LOVE. I see little love expressed in the rabid rantings of this gang.

In short the movie is good but the subject is pure child abuse and those involved should be charged as such.

May 9, 2002
More comments from posters on IMdb:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw the film at an advanced screening, and all I have to say is wow. Coming from the Northeast and being Catholic, I had no idea that the Evangelical Pentecostal church was that extreme. I felt so sorry for the children. I believe that they are being brainwashed.

In the next section, I will be discussing things that occur in the film. I'm not exactly sure if I should label this a SPOILER or not because it is a documentary and not exactly a film where key plot points should be kept secret. However, for those of you that haven't seen it and want to find out what happens for yourself, don't read ahead.

Possible spoilers??????
At one point in the film, the children were being given plastic figurines of baby fetuses in order to help preach against abortion. I was horrified. I don't even think I knew what abortion was at their ages. Some children seemed to be as young as 7 or 8 years old.

Also, at one point, Becky Fischer ?spelling? was comparing her preachings to the terrorist camps. She was saying that because some children are being taught in the Middle East at a young age to make bombs and shoot machine guns that we should teach children about Jesus and God just as vigorously. Hmmm...somehow I don't see the logic. Is she saying that we should raise children to be intolerant of other religions and races...children who are willing to go on a holy war for the Evanelical Pentecostal way of life? Sure does sound like it to me. I mean, they were even asking the kids if they would sacrifice their lives for God. At first, this may seem like a noble thing to do, but then again, aren't the terrorists saying the same thing? Scary stuff.

Ooh, and what about the part in the midddle of the end-credits. A group of the children were taken to Washington, D.C. One of the young girls went up to a group of African American men and asked them where did they think they were going to go when they died? The men replied, "heaven." The girl seemed shocked and kept asking if they were sure. As she was walking away, she muttered to herself, "They must be Muslim." Oh, that comment really got under my skin. Just because they were Black and said that they were going to heaven makes them Muslim!!!!! Oh these poor children

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two things I have seen in clips on the news programs really disturbed me. The first one, and I imagine the one most of us has seen, was the little boy stating that he was "saved" at age five because he "wanted more from life." Just how does a five year-old become so jaded that he must have a religious revelatory event in order to find life's meaning and fulfillment? The answer: he doesn't. This child was simply parroting the claptrap he has heard constantly in his home and little insular community since birth. Believe me, he DOES NOT feel humility or love for his fellow man. In fact, I would wager that he could spin a pretty decent screed of prejudice and intolerance from the script his parents shout every Sunday morning.

Another clip I saw that was disturbing was when a little girl of about eight years of age walked up to a stranger in a bowling alley, a pretty teen girl in a tight pink sweater, and told this teen girl that God had just talked to her and wanted to let the teen know that he had a plan for her. A very special plan and that she needed to get in touch with God to find out about that plan for her life. Now why the unsolicited advise from an eight year-old towards a sixteen year-old stranger? Well, look at the teen girl. She has bleached blonde hair, eye makeup with lip gloss and that tight, pink sweater accentuating her bosum. THAT is the perfect model of the Jezebell in the eyes of the average Pentecostal fundamentalist. I grew up in the South and know the script well. The little girl has been trained to identify hellbound sinners everywhere she goes.

This film definitely bears watching because, I fear, these are images of impending disaster that could be a prelude to Christian jihadism. Let's hope it isn't.