Roy Jones jr. vs Joe Calzaghe

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

who wins?

• Total voters
Nov 20, 2005
this dude wants to be put on someones sig lol1
wtf?

ya know.. lol

maybe cuz i have a headache and i'm a little drunk; but i really thought most fights would have been ended when it came down to the point where it was known that the bleeding could not be stopped. i mean hello? there was fuckin blood everywhere. he couldnt really see from the eye and there was a point in the fight where he could not let his left hand down from his face becuase calzaghe was effectively striking blows right on the cut.

~k.

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
ITS BEEN THAT WAY BOXING HASNT BEEN TO EXCITING THE LAST FEW YEARS.
I don't know what fights you've been watching but I've seen several exciting fights the last few years.

Boxing is dying? Calzaghe had fans from Wales tonight in the Garden. Name me any MMA fighter that can pull that kind of fanbase where people fly to another country to watch them fight. Boxing is alive and well even if at some points it seems like it's popularity is decreasing in the U.S.

People that say that boxing hasn't been exciting for years can't watch a lot of boxing .. or they have ADD and get bored easily.

Dec 9, 2005
Roy seemed content with getting behind his guard and collecting punches on the ropes.

I doubt Calzaghe will fight again...and I highly doubt he will give Chad Dawson a shot, even though he'd surely give him a run for his money.

But I give Joe his due. He has a really unorthodox style and rhythm that can really throw fighters off just because punches are coming in bunches and from really weird angles.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Catzaghe is crazy when be puts his guard down then leans in and starts smiling... that shit had me lmao

I thoughf Jones was gonna take it when it looked like he damn near knocked him out in the first round

and I thought Calzaghe would get more tired considering all the punches he was throwing but he went hard all 12

Dec 9, 2005
^ Yeah, his cardio is world class. Most of the punches he throws are arm punches so he's not exerting as much energy. Jones, had he been a few years younger would have murdered Joe. But Roy was gassed by the 3rd round. I was hoping to maybe get a glimpse of the old Roy, but I agree when they say a fighter is never the same after being put out cold.

Especially someone who relied heavily on reflexes like Roy.