Roy Jones Jr. vs Anderson Silva

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

who wins in a boxing match?

• Total voters
Dec 9, 2005
^ I think he'd be an idiot not to let it take place.

Its a win-win situation for the UFC, Silva, and MMA as a sport IMO.

Regardless of the outcome, its going to bring new eyes to the sport of MMA, UFC, and Silva.

Feb 12, 2006
www.chibangin.com
i think silva would stun a lot of people by hanging with roy for a good while... but then gettin KOd in the end... i could be totally wrong because its not like andersons striking is that much weaker than roy. they are both quick and anderson may have more pin poin accuracy actually. this could be a hell of a fight if i bet i would bet on the dog no mind who it would be, i picked jones by KO by the way

Jul 24, 2005
I listed several examples and there's plenty others. I'm not saying Anderson Silva can't beyond the realm of possibility win I just think it's highly unlikely and the odds are against. Roy Jones has trained boxing and ONLY boxing for years and years. Anderson Silva has trained several different forms of combat throughout his life while Jones perfected one.

I don't expect Anderson to compete in Abu Dhabi and submit Jacare or even beat him on points just because his grappling has been great recently in MMA competition.
naner you hit it on the head with that ^^^

Jan 2, 2004
i think anderson could win only with a knockout.. no way he'd be able to beat roy in a boxing match, since I'm sure they'd box similar styles.. A lot of bobbing and weaving and ducking punches, and there's no way that Anderson does that better than Roy.. Silva probably has more power than Roy in his punches. And I don't think the gloves would make much a difference in his power or speed, it's not like he hasn't used them a million times before.

But I just imagine Silva as a boxer would be almost a clone of Roy, but not nearly as good, even though Roy's much older.

And the reason why I think it began to being talked, is that even though Roy isn't as good as Hopkins, he's a bigger name to the casual fight fan who'd be the ones buying this PPV.