Rex Grossman just got hurt....bad

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
damn, well i hope a youtube vid pops up very soon, i gotta see this shit, the only injury that really made me feel sick was when garrison hearst fucked his ankle....

Sep 26, 2005
Bears QB Grossman reportedly done for season
Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Rex Grossman caught one break when a Friday medical examination revealed he suffered just a sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee, but he reportedly will be shut down for the final three games of the season.

The Chicago Sun-Times detailed Saturday that the Bears first-round draft choice in 2003 will not need surgery and should be fully recovered in a month, which is good news for a quarterback that tore the ACL in his right knee in 2005 at Minnesota then suffered a fractured left ankle the following season at St. Louis.

When he hasn't battled injuries, Grossman has spent time fending off mounting criticism over his play and the overall direction of Chicago's offense. Grossman rode the team's success last season to the starting job to begin 2007, but he lost it after just three ineffective games.

Grossman threw six interceptions to just one touchdown over Chicago's 1-2 start, leading to his benching in favor of Brian Griese. The Michigan product was no more effective, and Grossman re-entered after Griese injured his left shoulder in a 17-6 victory over the Raiders. He started in losses to Seattle and the Giants and a victory over Denver before stepping under center against Washington.

He completed just 2-of-6 passes against the Redskins Thursday night before leaving in the first quarter with the left knee injury.

On the season, Grossman has completed 122-of-225 passes for 1,411 yards with four touchdowns and seven interceptions for a 66.4 passer rating.

12/08 11:28:08 ET

sucks for the bears