Real Talk who else with me on Joe Blow being the best in the Bay?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 14, 2011
He's definitely talented but he has the same problem alot of unsigned acts have.. he doesn't know how to put together a cohesive album.

20-30 tracks with the same 3 subjects gets repetitive and old real quick. It doesn't help that everyone and their momma is rapping about the same shit he is..

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i wish one thing about joe blow, that he would expand his lyrics and ideas for songs a little more. i mean you can only say bos fucking with your breathing and your never with your bitches cuz they on a date and CBC and check a real nigga out tho so much. you hear him repeat alot of the same shit on songs hella. if not in thesame way, in different words saying the same thing. thats actually why one of my boys stop listening to him because he said that he got redundant.

hes hella dope he just needs to broaden his content and come with some concepts and hed probably be undisputedly the illest in the bay.

memory lane and stop loving you and real talk was a great point of what i mean. dope creative different songs. i think that was a great idea for songs and it was alot different than most of his shit. maybe just make a entire syrup tape. a tape about pimping, a tape about street funk, etc. id just like to see him utilize his dope ass talent.

at the end of the day tho, hes rappin about what he does and what he knows. so i cant really knock him for that. but id just love to hear some new creativity blossom from him. thats probably why you should be paying me will never be topped.

regardless though in my eyes every album he has is dope and ill continue to support every album he drops.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2008
Yea I remember seeing a interview, and he said he wanted to do a song with coldplay or someone like that, also I know he got a video that he shot somewhere overseas I thought that was pretty dope. I believe he to focused on block topic, that's all some know but if you got dopeness & creativity outside of that you can embrace it and still stay within the realm of the "G"

milkky

The Milk Man
Sep 6, 2010
Obviously you can either A. Rap about what you do, what you know, what you have seen and what you have done or B. you can lie, make up shit, put on a front or a act, or tell off the wall stories (horror core type shit, where it's so ridiculous its def not real)..... I think Joe Blow is solid and firm in the "real talk" categorie.. His whole thing since Shooterz has been living a real nigga life first befor rap, and continuing to.. And telling it like it is.. You can't expect a man to change up his life or his raps.. But I personally would like him to explore each subject more in depth. Kind of like Gas said, whole songs about one subject, rather than briefly mention " Bo, cookies, 30 clip, send a bitch, kill a snitch, gucci belt, true religions,check a real nigga out, Benz 63 AmG, mob figaz" etc etc... Cuz Iv noticed not only is it theme subjects, I have heard the same lines/ideas repeated.. Which is disappointing, but I'm not butthurt about it.... I wanna hear more about the struggle, how he got to where he's at, how day to day shit is (good and bad).. Etc.. Not just rhyming about material shit.. Yeah he was pushing that line hard first, but nowadays EVERYONE talks about their Gucci belt and 30 clips and shit.. All that shit ain't nothin new Bra, it's getting so played out..
"can't stop loving you" was my JAM that summer it came out.. I love th different style and singy type of shit.. But I like how he kept it 1000% the whole song talking about him being addicted to coke, and how he can't stop. I know he's a real heavy drug user, exploring that topic open n honestly would be cool too... But switching up musically would also be a decent change..

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2014
All Joe Blow's albums as a reference, no particular order:

- You Should Be Paying Me
- International Blow - The Fixtape
- Blow Out (mixtape)
- True Story
- Real Recognize Real
- International Blow - The Lost Files
- M.O.B. - My Other Brother
- 100Lbs & Bricks Of Bo with Jacka and Liqz
- Been Grindin
- Blow
- Fishscale Blow The Official Double Album with Young Bossi (one of the best)
- Check A Real Nigga Out Tho

Plus a mixtape from 2010. And all that in around 3yrs.