Random Album/Song upload thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Thanks a lot man! I'm finding a download for just about everyone I look up. I kind of like that shitty quality tape sound.

Edit: When you get a chance recommend some good tapes. I'll find them, I just need to know what to look for. Thanks in advance.
Well a lot of the artists put out vinyl releases as well and sometimes cd. But if we are talking tape only releases by the people I like check these out...

Sean McCann - Haven
Sean McCann - Phylum Sigh
High Wolf - Animal Totem
Raglani - Classically Sprained
Peaking Lights - Imaginary Falcons
Dolphins into the Future - Voyage Shopibo Coast
Altar Eagle – Judo Songs
Vega Stereo – Festival 3000
Warm Climate - Edible Homes
The Savage Young Taterbug - Boys of the Feather

Man, I can go on and on...

Go here...
http://www.discogs.com/

and search for tapes/vinyl/cds by:

Emeralds
Mark McGuire
John Elliott
Super Minerals
Skaters
Imaginary Softwoods
Outerspace

eh, fuck... I could go on forever there too..

Check out these labels:

Pizza Night
Wagon
DNT
Not Not Fun
Arbor
Sloow Tapes
Abandon Ship
Blackest Rainbow
Digitalis Recordings
Fag Tapes
Gel
Housecraft
Is Night People
Students of Decay
Weird Forest
Young Tapes

Once again I could go on and on...

I've been into this weird shit for a couple years now buying tapes/vinyl/cds/cdrs/etc from these labels and artists and there is no one real genre that ties them all but they are part of the same community if that makes any fucking sense. A lot of the stuff is ambient, noise, psych, drone, glitch, shitgaze, lo-fi, a bunch of other shit and then sometimes multiple of those altogether. There is a lot of crap out there but a ton of good stuff too. Just hope you don't start dropping $150 ordering tapes like I do now.

You have to love buying tapes that are in limited runs of 100 tops lol.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Palmer, let me know what tapes you check out and what you think of them. Also if you need help tracking down anything from certain artists let me know because some of them put out 5,6,7 or even more releases a year.
Will do Cory, thanks again for the heads up. I'd get down with them right now but I'm drinking my balls off and that type of music just doesn't exactly mesh well with my intoxicationess.

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
The Dear Hunter- Act III: Life & Death (Bonus Tracks)

1. Writing On A Wall (Acapella)
2. Untitled 1
3. Movement 1
4. Movement 2

the movement's are just pieces of music Casey wrote for their website, but Untitled 1 is ridiculous. They put songs on bonus discs that would be the best song on other people's albums lol.

and here's a pdf of scans from the sketchbook that came with the deluxe edition. Shows what happened in Act II.
http://www.mediafire.com/?mo4mntymy2y

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I'm past Wavves, first album was good second was meh minus a couple songs. I haven't listened to either in a few months.

Did they break up though? Wait, they can't really "break up" seeing Wavves is really one guy's project. Did he call it quits? Maybe he will get Fantastic Magic back together then, they were much better anyways.

http://www.myspace.com/fantasticmagic

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm