Paul Williams vs. Carlos Quintana, Feb 9 HBO

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

who wins?

• Total voters
Sep 3, 2002
So...now what's next?
I'd like to see Quintana give a young up and comer a chance, like Victor Ortiz or Berto, or maybe even Amir Kahn but he'll probably fight a no name mandatory, or possibly the winner of Mosley-Judah. Collazo would make a good fight also.

Williams needs to go play basketball or something, cuz if he fought like he did last night against somebody with a little more sauce on their punches, and who had better stamina, he could've been seriously hurt. If Margarito comes looking to avenge that loss he's got Paul's number. And if Williams moves up in weight it's seriously over....

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
Ortiz fights at 140lbs and Khan fights even smaller at 135lbs. I would like to see Berto get a shot at Quintana or a Quintana fight against the winner of the Margarito/Cintron rematch to unify a portion of the ww title.

Jun 15, 2005
I didn't vote because I had never seen either of these two fight before (calling me a casual boxing fan would be about right). It was kind of apparent that Paul Williams "had a bad day", yet I couldn't deny that Quintana put a skilled and tough performance. Quintana simply landed more and better power punches, as evidenced by the cuts over both of Williams' eyes.

Great fight, either way.

WayCide-Ridah

Evergreen Hustlah
Sep 13, 2005
Tha Eva Green
was a good fight...no denying that quintana put on a boxing clinic wit williams face...never seen or heard of williams till everybody was talking bout how he should fight mayweather...i say cotto deserves a shot...now

Dec 9, 2005
Even before this fight, I don't think there was any question on who the Number 1 contender in the welterweight division is.

...but...money talks...and a rematch with De La Hoya has a lower risk, and a guaranteed 20 million in the bank for Floyd...financially for him...its a no brainer.

I think eventually we have to see a Cotto-Mayweather fight...but with Floyd being the new number one draw in boxing...he holds the cards.