OLD BAY AREA or NEW BAY AREA

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 8, 2005
Theres a big difference between the oldschool bay area and the new bay area. Which do you like better the oldschool with 4tay, messy, mac dre, sic wit it, celly cell, the mack, first degree, coolio the undadogg ...etc..... or the new bay style.....

Jun 27, 2005
I like em both. The old shit is classic, but shit cant stay the same forever. Im glad the new artists is at least doin their own thing and not tryna recreate the old stuff. Actuially Im also glad that the older Bay artists still puttin shit out is bein more about changin the game instead of stickin to the 90's sound. Classics gotta start out as somethin new. I miss the older stuff but it aint comin back and anything new with that type of sound is just an imitation. Gotta keep this shit movin. Stay creatin some new shit.

J:M

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
Another Loaded Question

Here we go again. Let's get ready for people taking sides. Hopefully this post doesn't get ugly. I like the bay, new or old. Can't we just leave it at that.

Here's examples of loaded questions,

"WHO'S THE BOSS OF VALLEJO? E-40 or Mac Dre?"

"Original or Crispy?"

"Who do you like better white people or black people?"

See how those are loaded questions.

Dec 15, 2003
XxtraMannish said:
I like em both. The old shit is classic, but shit cant stay the same forever. Im glad the new artists is at least doin their own thing and not tryna recreate the old stuff. Actuially Im also glad that the older Bay artists still puttin shit out is bein more about changin the game instead of stickin to the 90's sound. Classics gotta start out as somethin new. I miss the older stuff but it aint comin back and anything new with that type of sound is just an imitation. Gotta keep this shit movin. Stay creatin some new shit.
Exactly!!!!!!! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
^I agree with Pimp on this one! You don't here Jay Z and P Diddy arguin with LL and Run DMC over old New York and new New York.

Jul 29, 2005
the old bay off top the new bay only get love becuz kmel the radio force shit on niggaz back in tha day if you was hot everybody in hood cop yo tape the hood anit feel alot of this new shit not dissing the new groups in tha bay cuz alot of old cat anit coming hard no mo i think niggaz is try 2 hard for the radio

Mar 20, 2005
the Old bay is sound better, The new "club" sound everyone trying to come with aint the bay
we just trying to follow in the footsteps of other areas thats doing it big, we gotta come with something new, Fuck the club sound that aint the bay, we need to go back to the Mobb beats we are known for

Dec 4, 2004
Of course, all of us first hearing "old bay" we will always like that shit the best....we have to teach ourselves to move on though and stop wishing for cats to stick to their old styles, cause then theres no growth in the music. I love that 90s shit, TC & Enhancer beats, etc, but todays talent is here and its their turn. I dont like to categorize it in 2 like pimp said....cause for real what would San Quinn and Mess be? they been around and are still young and havent gotten their big break...fuck new and old, its the bay period.

May 20, 2002
Trying to compare the both is difficult...it's like comparing
Barry Sanders and Jim brown...both played football, both were great, but the game was different for both of them.....

For me....I like about 90% of old bay
and I like about 10% of new bay

but I'm also older now and rappin about stupid shit like bitches, and weed, and game, and guns sounds very corny to me now..back in the day I loved it....

Rene

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
I like The Old fa sho, the new bay sounds alike But change is good, so give it some time. To me, the bay is "flashy grime"= make the hustle look good. The new bay sounds "flashy and clubby". So if you a youngster, you might not appreciate the founders as much as old heads do. But all in all, it's all the bay, so it depends on the listener.

Apr 16, 2004
www.soundclick.com
SSProductionz said:
the Old bay is sound better, The new "club" sound everyone trying to come with aint the bay
we just trying to follow in the footsteps of other areas thats doing it big, we gotta come with something new, Fuck the club sound that aint the bay, we need to go back to the Mobb beats we are known for
there you go... it seems like most rappers are just lookin for the come up instead of puttin down real shit.

Apr 8, 2004
chuck taylor said:
there you go... it seems like most rappers are just lookin for the come up instead of puttin down real shit.
do you blame them? i mean i agree that tha gutter shit is the hardest, personally, im like fucc a club song but it seems like fans fail to realize that these niggas are artists, first and foremost, they gotta eat off this shit so i don't knocc anybody for doing them, feel me? the rap game has changed so much, there was a time when the independant labels was smashin, now it's clogged up witta a bunch of niggas thats not really talkin about nothing making shit more competitive so niggas aint eating like they should be...but on subject, im feelin the old bay more, it's all bay shit to me tho

NASA

Sicc OG
Feb 5, 2003
dj 2nv said:
Trying to compare the both is difficult...it's like comparing
Barry Sanders and Jim brown...both played football, both were great, but the game was different for both of them.....

^^^